Have you always loved creating your very own clothes and designs? Then becoming a fashion designer is your calling.
Fashion business has become a very profitable business in Nigeria.
Lot of people currently in Nigeria are so much interested in learning fashion design.
Most Nigerians not only like to wear something original, extraordinary, and beautiful, but also to create it.
Fashion in Nigeria is diverse and it all depends on the area you want to dive into and end up coming out the best.
Studying at top fashion schools is certainly one of the best ways to carve out that niche within the industry while learning about this timeless trade.
In this post, I’ll share with you the list of best fashion schools to study fashion design in Nigeria.
But before we proceed, you may be wondering, why study fashion in Nigeria?
Why Study Fashion Design in Nigeria?
Nigeria is a part of the world that is grabbing fashion in fistfuls.
Fashion is not new to this country.
What’s more, some famous fashion award winners are from Nigeria.
You can imagine how far fashion has progressed in Nigeria in 2022.
It can be said without a doubt that Nigerians have a great sense of style and a desire to look good all the time; this has kept fashion designers in very high demand in the country.
Students are literally rushing to Nigeria to study fashion designing in top schools.
Is Fashion School Worth It?
Yes indeed, attending a reputable fashion school is really worth it.
Attending a fashion school will open your eyes to some of the basics of fashion designing you may not learn from a roadside tailor.
Fashion schools will teach you how to brand your products and how to best market your products.
What You Will Learn In Fashion Schools
- Business management
- Clothing construction
- Competitive spirit
- Composition sense
- Computer skills
- Constructive criticism
- Creative thinking and artistic sense
- Educational background
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fashion with forecasting trend
- Good knowledge for business
- Good understanding of texture, color, and quality of fabric
- Making attractive fashion portfolio
- Pattern making
- Product Branding
- Selecting fashion design market level
- Sewing and fabric manipulation idea and skill
- Sewing Techniques
- Updates about fashion show and fashion week
- Strong drawing skills
- Strong visualization skills and good eye for see
- Team work ability
- Various elements that differentiate high quality garments from fast fashion items
- Turning your obsession into inspiration
How Much Can I Pay in Fashion School?
Training fees in fashion schools may vary depending on the number of programs offered by each of the schools.
Usually training fees may range between ₦50,000 and ₦500,000.
Are there benefits in working as a fashion designer?
Yes, there are very huge benefits you stand to gain as a fashion designer.
Some of the benefits you will stand to gain encompass the following:
- A Feeling of Fulfilment
- Fun and Creativity
- Financial Security
- New Connections and Networks
If you have a desire to become a fashion designer in Nigeria, then you really should check out this list of the best fashion schools in Nigeria to help you choose the appropriate school for you.
37 Best Fashion Schools In Nigeria
- Addurrah Creations
- ATO Fashion Academy
- Back and Better Fashion School
- Celebrity’s Fashion Academy
- Cheryl Cold Fashion School
- Creative Options Sewing and Craft Centre Fashion School
- De-Image Creation
- Elveela Designs
- Fashion, Art and Creative Academy (House of Henri)
- Funky Beads Fashion School
- Ginani Fashion School
- Glamour Institute of Fashion Textile and Craft Fashion School
- GMYT Skill Acquisition Academy
- Hadazzah Styles and Stitches
- Hats of Best Fit Fashion School
- Istituto Di Moda Burgo
- Jayne’s Heart of Hats Fashion School
- Kendy’s Creation Fashion School
- KG School of Fashion
- Klassic Fashion Design Academy
- Legs Apparel Academy Fashion School
- MickeyOma Design Fashion Academy
- Nikky Africana Fashion School
- Nobel Afrik Fashion Training
- Octoxii School of Shoe Making
- OSC College of Fashion
- Phitop Training School
- Princessklin Ventures Fashion School
- Rhoda Michaels Fashion Academy
- The Creative Tailoring Class
- Valisimo Fashion School Lagos
- Vigold School of Fashion
- Zapron Fashions School
- Zaris Fashion and Style Academy
And there you have my list of the best fashion design schools in Nigeria.
Most of these schools are situated in Lagos State.
Please note that these fashion schools in Nigeria are in no particular order, the list is to let you know of their existence.
You should carefully scrutinize which of these fashion schools will give you all you need.
Get in touch with any of them via their online website or social media handles, ask questions on training offered, location and pricing and decide which is best for you.
All of these fashion schools have varying compatible lecture time frames so you can choose which one suits you either weekdays or weekends.
Tips To Excel In Fashion School
You may really need to consider a number of factors before enrolling into a fashion school.
- Personality index
- Passion for this career
- Conduct some research about the school you want to attend (find out and know the school’s requirements, history, management, fees, facilities, programmes, training duration etc.)
- Finance (Trainings won’t be free. Fees can be substantial. Have a concrete financial plan before enrolling in to school. Training fees in fashion schools may vary depending on the number of programs offered by each of the schools.
There are many advantages to choosing a career in fashion design, including the earning and the freedom to create cutting-edge designs.
Fashion designing also provides opportunities for travel and exposure to fashion trends and ideas.
There is just no way you won’t enjoy your time at any of these fashion schools in Nigeria.
The best part of it is that you’ll be graduating from any of these schools with a high prospect of becoming self-employed or getting employment as soon as you’re out.
Almost all these schools promise industrial networking that will give you a sure footing to your career.
Now that you have gotten the basic ideas about the best fashion schools in Nigeria, it’s also very necessary that you get to enroll.
Fashion designing is trending and you need to trend your ideas too.
So, deem it fit to apply to any of this fashion design training school.
If you have any questions in relation to the best fashion schools in Nigeria, you could reach out to us via the comment section below and we shall in due time respond to all your questions.
Also, your opinions will be highly regarded as this would help upcoming young and old with passion and aspiration to carve a niche for themselves in this field.