USSD Code for Loans in Nigeria (Get Instant ₦495k in 2023)
Are you interested in knowing the USSD code for loans in Nigeria to borrow money online today?
If YES, this article is only what you need to read today.
Getting a loan physically by going to the bank or the loan office is stressful.
Luckily, you can dial a USSD code on your mobile phone to get loans within a few minutes from the best apps and companies today.
How does USSD Banking work?
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) banking is a type of banking that enables you to carry out bank transactions by simply dialing a short code on your phone.
It does not require the use of the internet/web.
The USSD is used for sending texts messages between a mobile phone and an application in the owners’ network.
You must have a bank account linked to your mobile telephone number to perform a USSD transaction.
You don’t need to go to a bank to register for the USSD code.
Registration is done with your mobile phone if you have your bank’s debit card and Biometric Verification Number (BVN).
You can only use the SIM card or the telephone number you provided when opening your account.
There is a limit to the amount of money you can transfer through USSD banking, and this is determined by your bank.
Process of USSD Banking
Depending on your bank, there are various ways you can use the USSD application on your phone to carry out any of the many bank transactions.
All you need to do is dial your bank’s USSD code. Each bank has specific codes for specific types of transaction.
These are provided on the bank’s website.
For some banks, a list of options will appear on your phone screen.
Choose the transaction you wish to perform and follow subsequent instruction from the bank.
Some banks may request your Bank Verification Number (BVN), Personal Identification Number (PIN) or the four-digit number at the back of your ATM card.
This is to confirm the authenticity of the person performing the transaction.
If you find it difficult to perform USSD transactions on your phone, contact your bank customer service.
The Do’s of USSD Banking
There are some things you need to do when performing a USSD transaction:
- Your phone should be charged to avoid loss of power during the transaction.
- Double-check the receiver’s account number when transferring funds or paying bills.
- You must wait for the confirmation text from the bank that the transaction is successful.
- In the absence of such confirmation and your account is debited, contact your bank immediately to resolve the transaction.
- In case of transfer, call the receiver to confirm receipt of the fund.
- If the response is no and your account has been debited, contact your bank to resolve it immediately.
The Don’ts of USSD Banking
You must avoid these for safe and successful USSD banking:
- Do not reveal your PIN or BVN to a third party.
- Do not repeat a transaction delayed or interrupted by the network.
- This is because the transaction might have been processed.
- If you repeat such a transaction, your account might be debited twice.
- All you need to do is to wait for an hour or more for a notification on such a transaction.
How Do I Borrow a Loan with USSD Code?
Introducing the USSD code for loans in Nigeria has made it easy to access loans fast, with little to no collateral.
In Nigeria today, USSD is used to:
- Access loan
- Buy airtime
- Check and open a bank account
- Check BVN
- Deposit money
- Generate a token
- Operate card-less withdrawal
USSD code is available on all mobile phones with an SMS facility.
- Sign up with the loan app or company of your choice.
- Provide your full name, BVN, email and residential address.
- Provide your account number.
- Get USSD code for the loan provider.
- Learn about the loan repayment terms and conditions.
- Dial USSD code and get a loan.
- Ensure you meet with payment due date to avoid sanction online.
USSD Code for Loans in Nigeria
|AB Microfinance Bank||*389*755#|
|Accion Microfinance Bank||*572*6#|
|Airtel Quick Cash||*561#|
|ALAT by Wema Bank||*945*100|
|First Bank First Advance||*894*11# or *894#|
|Quickteller (Airtel, MTN and 9mobile)||*322#|
|Quickteller (Glo Users)||*805#|
Using these USSD codes for loans in Nigeria is perfect for quick cash or when looking to avoid the strenuous physical means of getting a loan.
There are just little requirements needed to get a loan instantly using your mobile phone.