Bank Verification Number (BVN) ▷ Check Your Details Online!
Are you interested in knowing the requirements and code to check BVN details online – name, date of birth, phone number, and email address?
If YES, this article is only what you need to read today.
Code to Check BVN
The Bank Verification Number (BVN) is an 11-digit unique identity for every bank customer in Nigeria.
The Central Bank of Nigeria introduced the Bank Verification Number to:
- Curb fraud in the banking industry.
- Decrease illegal banking transactions in the country.
- Ensure one can engage securely in transactions at any point of banking operations in Nigeria.
Benefits of Having a BVN
- Makes it easy to track all transactions across all your accounts.
- Protects all your accounts from unauthorized access.
- With a BVN, carrying out bank transactions is so much faster.
Steps to Getting a Bank Verification Number
Here are the steps to enroll for BVN in Nigeria:
- Visit any Bank branch and complete the enrolment form.
- Your biometric data (fingerprint, photograph, and signature) will be captured on the system.
- You will then receive a Ticket ID.
- BVN will be sent to your registered mobile number.
These banks in Nigeria allow checking of BVN details online:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Nigeria Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank
- Keystone Bank Limited
- Polaris Bank Limited
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- Wema Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
How to Check BVN Number Online
To check your BVN number online on MTN, 9Mobile, Airtel, and Glo network, dial *565*0# on the mobile number you registered with.
If you cannot access the phone number because you are not with the phone number, contact your bank customers care unit.
The cost to check your phone number is ₦22 once it is successful.
How to Check BVN Online Without Phone number
Follow these steps to check BVN online without phone number:
- Login into your bank app.
- Click on the menu option and your BVN should be displayed there.
The location of the number, however, varies from one banking app to another.
How to Check the BVN Date of Birth Online?
To check the date of birth, copy your BVN number by dialing this code *565*0# using the mobile number you registered with.
Copy the code and visit your bank nearest branch in Nigeria.
You can check the name on your BVN through the online portal, or by going to the bank.
Please I want to enrolled on my platform please help me.
Bank Verification Number (BVN)