Lot of Nigerians want to apply and get the UBA Prepaid Card (Africard) today because of its famed efficiency and speed.
Are you one of them?
If YES, this is the only article to read today as you will get to know the right steps to take.
What is the UBA Prepaid Card?
UBA Prepaid Card is a re-loadable ATM card designed by the United Bank for Africa for all and sundry who love to be their customer to get cash, pay bills, make purchases online, receive PayPal payment and withdraw funds easily.
It can take up to 4 working days from the day you apply to get your UBA prepaid card.
UBA Prepaid Card Features
- The card doesn’t require a bank account to request or use one.
- The card can be used for transactions across the web, ATMs and on POS both locally and internationally with little fees.
- Easy replacement when lost.
- Card can be used as a gift or for expense.
- 24/7 access to funds from anywhere in the world.
- Speed of light transaction completion rate.
- Card is secured with two PINs: the web, ATM and POS PINs.
- UBA prepaid cards can be funded in any UBA business office or via UBA mobile and internet banking platforms.
- Card does not need a bank account to function.
- Card is available in Naira, USD, GBP and Yen variants.
- This card is tied to your BVN at issuance, so one can only own one.
- With a validity period of 36 months and an extra fiber in the card hardware.
- Card is more durable when compared to competition.
Types of UBA Prepaid Card
The UBA prepaid card is categorized according to KYC (Know Your Customer).
KYC is determined based on how a customer is profiled, and documents presented at the time of issuance.
There are four (4) types of UBA Prepaid Card, namely:
1. Local Low Prepaid Card
- Works only within Nigeria. Threshold is low.
2. Local High Prepaid Card
- Works only within Nigeria. Threshold is high.
3. International Low Prepaid Card
- Works within Nigeria and the rest of the world. Threshold is low.
4. International High Prepaid Card
- Works within Nigeria and the rest of the world. Threshold is high.
The high KYC UBA prepaid card can be used for many card transactions, both locally and internationally.
This card can only be loaded with a maximum of 4 million naira per quarter.
UBA Prepaid Card Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements and documents to get a UBA Prepaid Card today:
- A recent utility bill
- 2 Passport photographs
- A valid identification card
- Card issuance fee (₦1,050)
- Completed Card Request Form
How to Get a UBA Prepaid Card
Here are the steps to get a UBA prepaid card fast:
- Get the required documents stated above ready.
- Visit any UBA bank close to you and navigate to the customer service desk to make your intentions known.
- Present your identification card and your recent utility bill.
- Complete the Card Request Form.
- It takes approximately 3-4 minutes for a new prepaid card issuance, so wait a bit and receive your card.
How to Activate UBA Prepaid Card
Here are the steps to activate the UBA prepaid card for online transactions:
- Fund the newly issued card via any UBA teller point or any of the UBA online banking platforms using the Client ID (at least ₦1050).
- Go to any UBA-powered ATM.
- Slot your card in.
- Enter your ATM default PIN (as stated in the card package).
- You will be prompted to enter a new PIN.
- Now, enter your personalized 4-digit PIN.
- Re-enter the 4-digit PIN.
- Once you have activated the card, it is ready for usage.
- You can now go to the web and set it up with a PIN as well. The web option lets you track all transactions, account balance, etc.
- To set up web PIN, first note your default PIN that was given to you in the envelope as your web PIN.
- At the topmost area, you will get the ATM PIN for withdrawal. Just change it to activate it.
- You will also be given an internet access PIN, after changing your ATM PIN. You will need to create a username and change the PIN for the “internet access” option.
- Visit here.
- You will see a form. Input your card number and the internet access PIN.
- Click the login button, you will be asked to choose a username and password for logging in to your online card access.
- Follow the instructions on the page and change the login details to your preferred details.
How to Fund/Top-Up the UBA Prepaid Card
Here are the best ways to fund the UBA prepaid card:
1. Through UBA Mobile Banking App
Using your mobile banking app, you can easily fund your card.
Before you attempt to fund the card, ensure you have a UBA account and also the card on the mobile banking platform.
Here are the steps to transfer money to your UBA prepaid card on UBA mobile banking app:
- Fund your UBA Bank Account
- Login to your mobile banking app
- Choose Banking
- Navigate to the source account (where you want to transfer the money from)
- Click Send Money
- Select Own Account
- Select your Prepaid Card as receiving account
- Enter Amount
- Enter narration
- Click transfer
2. Through your USSD Transfer Code (*919#)
- Dial *919#
- Select 6 – Transfer to UBA Prepaid Card
- Enter your PIN
- Select source account
- Enter your card Client ID (full 10 digits). You can find the Client ID at the back (bottom left) of the card.
- Enter amount
3. Through the Bank Teller (Cash)
- Fill a normal deposit slip at any UBA branch.
- Enter your card client id (full 10 digits) in place of account number. You can find the Client ID at the back (bottom left) of the card.
- Give the cash and the slip to the bank teller to process.
- Commercial banks have their own rates which are in conformity with CBN regulations, and these differ from the unofficial black market rates.
- If you get the UBA Africard (Naira) and link it to your PayPal account to transfer funds, the UBA automatically converts it to Naira at their bank rate.
- But with the UBA Africard (Dollar/GBP), once you receive your funds, you can visit any UBA to apply for a USD withdrawal from your prepaid card, and they will give you your cash in hand.
- You can also transfer the same to your USD bank account if you have one, you can shop with it online as well.
- You can fund in naira and spend online in USD. The limit, however, is $100/month. If you will spend more online, I’d recommend a USD-denominated card.
- The global Naira spending limits also apply to the Naira Africard (as with all other Naira-denominated accounts/cards). If you want to exceed this threshold, simply get a USD Africard, a source for your own FX and spend as you wish.
- You can load your dollar prepaid card via any of UBA’s online banking channels, i.e. mobile banking, internet banking or simply going to the “business office” to do that.
- If you get the UBA prepaid dollar card, you can also fund it by sourcing for your USD from the parallel market, family, and friends.
The UBA Prepaid Card is operated the same way as every other ATM card.
You can use it to withdraw cash, make payment, and recharge airtime.
For further enquiry, email UBA customer care or walk into any UBA bank or business office.