How to Change Your Marital Status on NYSC Portal Online Now!

Do you want to learn how to change your marital status on the NYSC portal?

If YES, then this is the only post to read today.

Getting started…

Change NYSC Marital Status

If you got married during NYSC, or made a mistake during your online registration, you’d need to effect a change on the portal.

Documents for Female Married PCM to Upload on the NYSC Portal

  • Evidence of Marriage (Marriage Certificate/Affidavit).
  • Evidence of State of residence of husband (e.g., driving license, National ID, NEPA bill).
  • Identity of Husband (e.g., Driving license, National ID).
  • Letter from employer/utility bills.
  • Newspaper change of name.

Ensure that these documents are scanned to ensure clarity.

In a case where they are not clear enough, the documents might end up getting rejected at the end of the process.

How to Change Marital Status on NYSC Portal

Here are the steps to change your marital status on the NYSC portal:

  • Login the NYSC portal using your username and password.
  • Click the ‘Apply for Correction’s icon.
  • You would see some fields where particular details would be required of you. Type in the required details within the boxes.
  • Click ‘Place Request to Submit.’
  • If the change is approved, you’d know immediately.

If your documents were rejected, then your status as married would show rejected meaning your application to be posted close to your family had been disapproved by NYSC management.

In a situation whereby NYSC rejected your marriage documents because of:

  • Blurred documents.
  • Below are the specified requirements.
  • Irrelevant documents upload because of a mistake.

Follow the steps below to upload scanned documents of higher quality and clarity:

  • Login using this link.
  • Tap the rejected documents.
  • Tap the ‘Edit’ feature.
  • Upload the new documents.

If these documents are also not of high clarity, they may end up getting rejected again.

So, instead of uploading a picture of the document, ensure that you have it scanned.

That way, the details can be read through and be understood.

Final Words

There is an exemption for married prospective corps members.

If you noticed that your preferred state isn’t coming up (it will not even come up), pick any state that comes up.

The change of name, marriage certificate and other evidence of your marital status will be used by NYSC to post you.

That’s why it’s expected you to upload clear documents.

If your husband’s state isn’t on the list of deployment state, pick any of the state.

You’re definitely covered by the above documents.

The major thing is to make sure that the document uploaded documents are clear and legible.

Also, don’t forget to get your medical report and fitness certificate before the camp opens.

Show More

Saint Chinedu

My GOAL is to equip you with the right strategy and working information to improve your academic performance, financial situation, and health this month.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button