NYSC Date of Birth (Age Limit) – Change and Reduce Yours

Do you want to learn how to reduce age, change NYSC date of birth for mobilization on the online portal?

You are interested in NYSC questions and answers on age limit, and want to know which date of birth does NYSC use for mobilization?

If YES, then this is the only post to read today.

Change NYSC Date of Birth

Henceforth, information from the West African Examination Council (WAEC) will be used to effect changes on the NYSC portal.

Here are the steps to correct your date of birth on the NYSC portal:

  • Login to your dashboard and click on the link to Date of Birth.
  • Enter WAEC Verification PIN.
  • Select WAEC Type.
  • Select Year of Exam.
  • Enter your Examination Number.
  • Click on the Verify button.
  • Click SUBMIT or CANCEL.

Correction of Course of Study

These are the procedures for correction of course of study on the NYSC portal.

  • Login to your dashboard and click on the link for Correction of Course of Study.
  • Select Course of Study.
  • Click SUBMIT.


  • The DOB link is active on your dashboard during online registration.
  • Apply for DOB Correction with WAEC.
  • The WAEC you are to use must be equal to or over four (4) years as at the time of graduation.
  • Do not use another person’s WAEC detail to apply, it will be disapproved.
  • Ensure there is no disparity of names on your WAEC and that of your dashboard.
  • A notification will be sent to your mail when your application has been processed.
  • You are expected to login and check your Mobilization status on your dashboard.
  • If your status did not change, it means you are still exempted, and your Exemption Certificate will be processed.
  • Go to your institution after three (3) months and collect your Exemption Certificate.
  • Your date of birth is on your Certificate of National Service.
  • You cannot apply for DOB Correction after camp registration.

NYSC Age Limit Calculation

According to the NYSC age limit rule, once you graduate at 30 or above, you cannot take part in NYSC.

You will be given an exemption letter after registration so that you can move on with your life.

Let me explain…

Michael graduated at 28 years old.

Because of some delay or circumstances, Michael could not go to NYSC immediately after he graduated.

Now Michael is ready to serve, but he’s 32 years of age (i.e., above 30).

According to the NYSC rule, Michael can still serve because he graduated before 30.

The NYSC age limit is not about your age right now, it’s about the exact age you were when you graduated.

So, if you graduated before 30 years of age, you would serve your fatherland and be collecting ₦33k every month.

However, if you graduate at 30 or above, you may need to get the certificate of exemption.

JAMB Regularization to Reduce Age for NYSC

For mobilization by the NYSC, the date of birth on your National ID card will be used.

JAMB regularization has been one resort when trying to reduce your date of birth so you can serve at NYSC.

And for years now, it’s been effective for people who got things right.

Here are the steps to do JAMB regularization for NYSC:

  • Create your JAMB profile by sending your NIN to 55019 in an SMS. For example, you will send NIN 56718992211 to 55019.
  • You will receive a message confirming that you have created your JAMB profile through a profile code included in the reply received.
  • With this new method, your profile was created using the information on your NIN. The date of birth, names, state, and LGA of origin will be exported from your National ID card to the JAMB portal immediately after you send the SMS and it’s successfully replied.
  • After this, you can walk into any JAMB office to complete your regularization with the profile code send to you through the SMS reply.
  • The attendant or JAMB official will enter the profile code to access the information exported from your NIN and continue with your registration.
  • After completing the registration, take the indemnity form to your school for signing, stamping, and forwarding to the JAMB office for final approval.
  • If approved, you will get a response from JAMB and you can continue using the JAMB registration number sent to you for the NYSC or any other official purposes.

With this method, except if you firstly correct and reduce the date of birth on your NIN and give it time to update on the NIMC’s database before you send the NIN to 55019, the unwanted date of birth on the NIN will be exported into your JAMB portal before the regularization.

For example, in the new method, if your NIN has age 32, it will export 32 into your JAMB portal. And that can’t help you go to NYSC.

The only way to go to NYSC with the new method of regularization is to first visit the nearest NIMC office and reduce the date of birth.

Or if you’ve not registered the national ID card, register with the desired date of birth.

If you apply for the change of date of birth at NIMC, give it time and be sure that it has been updated in their database before you send NIN to 55019.

You can go back to the NIMC office to confirm if it has been updated in the commission’s database before you process the regularization.

If you send the NIN to 55019 before the change reflects on the NIMC’s database, the old date of birth will still be exported.

Also, if you want to reduce your date of birth for NYSC reasons, it’s important you don’t use any old JAMB registration number you have.

For example, if you get to the JAMB office and they ask if you’d done JAMB before or if you have any JAMB registration number in their previous exam, just tell them no.

Let them know you didn’t do JAMB before – that the admission given to you was not through JAMB.

You can claim it’s a direct admission from the school.

Therefore, after reducing the date of birth on NIN and you’re sure it has been updated on the commission’s database before sending the NIN to 55019 to get your profile code, you should not also give them any JAMB number before or during the regularization registration.

Although there is a price difference, for regularization, between when you submit an existing JAMB registration number (which is around ₦5,000), and when you claim you don’t have an existing JAMB registration number (which is around ₦8,500), do not make the mistake of going for the former.

Don’t be deceived by the price difference!

I wish you the best.

Show More

Saint Chinedu

My GOAL is to equip you with the right strategy and working information to improve your academic performance, financial situation, and health this month.


  1. please l have registered and submitted everything online, before realizing my age is above 30 years, please is there any way l can reduce the age

  2. Sir, I really appreciate your explanation because I’m a victim of this circumstance but want to serve. I will start with NIMC first

  3. Good day saint chinedu thanks for the goal of this platform. Pls I did jamb regularisation about 2 yrs ago which I reduced my age and because the admission was not direct from jamb, which was later condoled by jamb. Pls will it affect me going for service since my name is out

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button