National Youth Service Corps revalidation and remobilization exercise comes up in every batch and streams.
In this post, you will learn the differences between remobilization and revalidation and the steps to re-validate and remobilise for either NYSC Batch A, B, C for Stream 1 and 2 registration.
Difference Between NYSC Revalidation and Remobilization
This happens when you were deployed to a state in Nigeria for service, but because of one reason or the other, you couldn’t make it to the NYSC orientation camp.
You are expected to do NYSC revalidation only if you were deployed by NYSC to a state, but because of one reason or the other, you couldn’t make it to the NYSC orientation camp.
“I have been deployed in a previous NYSC batch but did not show up in camp.”
In another form, you have been deployed to a state by NYSC and you refuse to show up at camp.
After deployment, you are supposed to go for an orientation exercise.
Emeka belongs to NYSC 2023 Batch A Stream 1.
He was deployed to Borno, but he refused to go to the orientation camp.
Emeka is now ready for service and wants to join NYSC 2023 Batch A Stream 2.
All he will need to do is REVALIDATE.
Either you have completed your registration or not, either you have printed your call-up letter or not, as long as you did not go to camp, you will re-validate.
Steps to Apply for NYSC Revalidation
- You don’t have to do your registration all afresh, just as you did during the mobilization.
- It’s safer to say that revalidation, starting from Batch A Stream 1 of the 2023 mobilization, is AUTOMATIC.
- Corpers who deferred services will be mobilized automatically with the next stream and if they still don’t go, they will be remobilized with the next stream or batch and so on.
- These continual postings will be done by NYSC with none action from the affected corpers.
People that are to do NYSC remobilization are those who attended the orientation camp, did all the normal registration on camp, left camp and did not report to their Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) at all.
NYSC remobilization is for those corpers who abscond camp, sent out of camp or left their service uncompleted.
“I have been mobilized in a previous NYSC batch but absconded from service in camp or after camping.”
You attended the orientation camp, do the normal registration on camp and then you run away.
Rukayat belongs to NYSC 2023 Batch B Stream 1.
She was deployed to Benin, and she was present at the orientation camp.
After orientation camp or before the end of orientation camp, she runs away or paused service.
Rukayat is now ready for service and wants to join NYSC 2023 Batch C Stream 1.
All she will need to do is REMOBILIZE.
Steps to Apply for NYSC Remobilization
In order to do NYSC remobilization, follow these steps:
- Visit the NYSC mobilization portal and locate news/link for remobilization.
- After clicking the form link/button, the form will open with certain information to be filled. Among these are the: previous call-up numbers, previous state code, previous batch, previous deployment state.
- This is the information that will give NYSC clues why you must be remobilized. And of course, your application will go through an approval process. Only if approved you would be eligible for remobilization.
- For NYSC remobilization, concerned married corpers will be required, besides the details above, scan and upload: evidence of a state of residence of husband, evidence of marriage, identity of husband, newspaper change of name, letter from employer/utility bills.