Do you wish to get the latest NYSC Online Registration news, updates and guidelines on:
- Batch C 2021 Stream 2
- Mobilization timetable
- Senate list
- Registration portal opening
- Online registration starting date and requirements
Registration form and documents needed for online registration
- JAMB regularization
- Name correction
- Date of birth correction
- Course of study correction
- Foreign graduates requirements
- Call-up letter printing
- Green card
- Medical certificate and COVID test
- Orientation camping date and requirements
- Relocation and redeployment
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
The excellent tips in this post will enable you have a fun and fulfilled orientation exercise this year.
So, ensure to read to the end.
Moving further, it is very important to know more about NYSC, since you haven’t experienced it before.
Here we go!
Meaning of NYSC
NYSC means National Youth Service Corps.
This is a programme established for the purpose of Unity in Nigeria after the Civil war.
The National Youth Service Corps is a mandatory programme for every citizen of Nigeria; either you studied either in Nigeria or anywhere in the world.
NYSC is 48 years old – it was established on 22nd May 1973 by General Yakubu Gowon.
Without the NYSC certificate, you cannot work in a serious company in Nigeria.
NYSC Age Limit Calculation
According to the NYSC age limit rule, once you graduate at 30 or above, you will not be able to participate in NYSC.
You will be given an exemption letter after registration so that you can move on with your life.
Let me explain…
Michael graduated at 28 or 29 years old.
Due to some delay or circumstances, Michael could not go for NYSC immediately he graduated.
Now Michael is ready to serve but he’s above 30.
According to the rule, Michael can still serve because he graduated before 30.
The NYSC age limit is not about your age right now, it’s about the exact age you were when you graduated.
So, if you graduated before 30 years of age, you will serve your fatherland and be collecting 33k every month.
However, if you graduate at 30 or above, you will have to move on and get an exemption letter.
NYSC Portal Login Dashboard
The official NYSC Portal Login Dashboard is the right place you will go if you want to login directly into your dashboard to do anything relating to NYSC.
The NYSC Portal Login Dashboard is a very friendly and easy to navigate dashboard.
Each section is displayed in plain English and the arrangement made it very easy to do anything and everything you want to do.
Things To Do On NYSC Portal Login Dashboard
- Check Payment status
- Check Senate List
- NYSC Registration
- Read Biometric Instructions
- Read Frequently Asked Questions
- See Accredited institutions
- Verify Your Certificate
NYSC Mobilization is the first stage of the National Youth Service.
This is when the NYSC management will mobilize all qualified graduates from every accredited tertiary institution in the country.
A mobilization timetable is released by NYSC Officials to show various dates and their schedule.
Content of Mobilization Timetable
NYSC Mobilization Timetable contain dates for the following activities:
- Pre-Mobilization Workshop
- Uploading of Senate Approved Results and Revalidation Lists
- Submission of Senate/Academic Board Approved Results
- Online Registration by Foreign and locally Trained Nigerian Graduates
- Pre-Camp Physical Verification of Credentials of Foreign-Trained Graduates
- Action by ICT Department
- Notification and Printing of Call-up Letters by PCMs
- Commencement of Orientation Course
How many times do NYSC mobilize in a year?
Registration and mobilization of corps members are done in batches and more recently in streams.
Currently, NYSC mobilize graduates twice a year in three batches: Batch A, Batch B and Batch C subdivided into Streams: Stream 1 and Stream 2.
NYSC 2021 Mobilization Timetable
|C||1||October 26th – November 15th|
|C||2||November 23rd – December 19th|
NYSC Senate List
The Senate list is an official list of names and details of graduates who are eligible for NYSC from every institution in the country.
This list will be prepared by your Institution and sent to the NYSC Board.
The Senate list is uploaded online so that you can check your name.
Where To Check For NYSC Mobilization List
There are two places you can check to confirm if you are mobilized or not.
- Your school portal or visit the DSA to see your name.
- NYSC Portal
How To Check Your Name On NYSC Mobilization List
Verifying your name on the Senate list through the NYSC portal is very simple and easy.
You will need the following to fill the form to check your name.
- Institution Name
- Matric Number
- Date of Birth
Once you have this information ready, see how to check below!
How to Check 2021 NYSC Senate List
- Go to NYSC Senate / Academic Board List Portal
- Select your Institution
- Supply your Matriculation Number and Surname in the required columns
- Select your date of birth
- Finally, click the SEARCH button to access your mobilization status
If your name is there, Congratulation as you are going with the next batch and if your name is not there, that is not the end of the road.
Reasons Why Your Name May Not Be On NYSC Mobilization List
Have you been trying to check your name on the NYSC Portal for senate list for you to begin your registration soon and your details is not coming up?
You have tried all day to verify your name and all you are getting is no record found or some other annoying messages.
Do not panic or start looking for illegal ways to include your name.
These are some of the reasons why your name may not be on the list.
- JAMB regularization
- You are above 30
- Poor Network
- Your School is yet to upload the senate list
- Academic issues which revolve around your Department, Faculty, Division of student affairs and more.
- Your school did not mobilize anyone from your set
Do not panic or start worrying yourself.
You just relax for some time and check again in case it’s poor network.
Confirm if others from your department see their names on the list.
If others have verified their names and you are the only one or maybe 4 others that are yet to see their names.
Then you need to visit your school. Visit your HOD and tender the complaint or go to DSA to inform them.
If you are not the only one from your department, or maybe everyone in your department did not see their names, you need to visit the HOD to know what’s going on.
If your institution already released their approved list and you can’t still verify your name, make sure you confirm if any of your set was mobilized.
If you have passed through all of the above and yet your name is not on the NYSC mobilization list, then wait for Batch B.
Note that only you cannot wait for batch B.
If you are the only one not mobilized in the whole of your school, don’t wait for batch B, rush to your school and fix it.
NYSC Registration is the next step to take after confidently checking and seeing your name in the Senate List.
This is when every Prospective Corps member whose names appeared on the NYSC mobilization list will register on the NYSC Portal.
Each NYSC batches and streams, the NYSC Portal is always open for the commencement of NYSC online registration.
There is always a date in the NYSC Timetable that will specify the duration of the NYSC online registration and when it will end.
During the NYSC online registration, prospective corps members will have to fill in correctly the registration form with their details.
How Much is NYSC Registration Payment?
Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (visit NYSC Portal and see how to make the payment).
Things To Know About NYSC Online Registration
- Beware of NYSC online registration scam and don’t let anyone take an advantage of you. During every NYSC registration, there are always different methods hungry people will use to extort you. Be careful.
- You will need to pay N3,000 to print your NYSC call-up letter online. You should only pay this money on the NYSC official website if you want to print your call up letter online. If you will go to your school for your call up letter, you don’t need to pay.
- NYSC Registration is not first come first serve. For the fact that you register on the first day doesn’t mean NYSC will deploy you to Lagos or Abuja.
- Provide full and honest information during the NYSC registration. If there is an information you can’t remember, you can always make confirmation before you proceed with your registration.
- The original NYSC official websites are: www.nysc.gov.ng / nysc.org.ng / portal.nysc.org.ng
- Graduates who finished from Institutions outside Nigeria are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the necessary documents.
NYSC Registration Form Requirements
Requirements before visiting NYSC portal for registration.
- Your Personal Active Phone Number
- Biometric Verification
- Passport Photograph
- Valid email account (Gmail preferably)
- JAMB Registration number
- Matriculation Number
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Marital Status: If married, provide the following documents newspaper change of name, Husband’s valid ID card, marriage certificate, utility bill, attestation letter from the current employment of husband etc.
- Already Have a Previous Call-up? Yes or No;
- Passport (White background)
- Physically Challenged
- State of origin
- Local Government Area
- Present contact Address
- Permanent Address
- Next of Kin Data
- Institution Attended (Primary school, secondary school and higher institution details)
- Military Personnel/Paramilitary/National Award Honour Details (if among)
- Nigerian Language(s) you speak
- Nigerian State(s) visited
- Kits Specification (Shirt Size and Trouser Size)
NYSC Batch C Stream II 2021 Online Registration Tips
- NYSC Online Registration Portal for Batch C Stream II 2021 opens on 11th of November 2021. Visit www.nysc.org.ng and click on the active link “Mobilization 2021 Batch “C”.
- The portal is also open for Foreign trained graduates and part-time graduates.
- If you are registering for the first time, click on Fresh Registration link.
- If you were deployed previously and did not report to the Orientation Camp, click on Revalidation link to revalidate.
- If you have registered previously and did not complete your Registration, click “Login Here” to continue your registration with your Username and Password.
- Never allow anyone to thumb print for you. Do the biometric verification by yourself.
- Do not register by PROXY. Use your normal IP address during registration.
- Never enter false information. Make sure all your details are correct.
- Never present fake documents. You can be arrested or embarrassed.
- Upload a clear passport photograph. Do not upload passport photograph putting on NYSC crested vest. Passport Photograph cannot be changed after Camp Registration.
- PCMs who have Name Correction request (Addition or Removal of Name) to be processed by the Institution, should apply on their dashboard as well as spelling errors and rearrangement.
- Date of Birth, Date of Graduation and Course of Study will be on Certificate of National Service and Exemption Certificate.
- Apply for Date of Birth Correction on your dashboard. Note that you cannot correct your Date of Birth after Camp Registration.
- PCMs are advised to preview records entered before submission to avoid errors.
- Once the NYSC online registration deadline expired, the portal will be closed for registration.
NYSC Tips To Guide Foreign Trained Graduates
- Click on this link to read requirements for foreign trained graduates Mobilization Process.
- Foreign Pre-camp Verification for 2021 Batch ‘C’ starts from 11th to 15th October, 2021.
- Visit www.nysc.org.ng to register.
- Upload all original documents as required online, failure to comply means, you will not be evaluated.
- Do not create multiple accounts.
- Note that SSCE result uploaded must be equal or greater than four (4) years.
- Contact Federal Ministry of Education Abuja, if your Institution of study has not been evaluated so as to obtain Evaluation Letter.
- The Federal Ministry of Education has a portal for request of letter of Evaluation. For institutions in Benin Republic, the Institution process it for them.
- Select a Centre and date for Pre-camp physical verification during Online Registration and adhere to the selected centre and date strictly.
- All Foreign-trained graduates must physically present themselves for Pre-Camp Verification after they must have successfully registered online, alongside with original copies of their degree Certificates, transcript and travel documents.
- You are to print your Clearance Slip after you have been successfully verified and present same for registration at the various camps of deployment.
- If you are exempted from Service, you will be notified when to collect your Exemption Certificate on your dashboard at the NYSC NDHQ, Abuja.
- Those excluded from Service will print their Exclusion Letter on their dashboard Online.
NYSC Registration Challenges PCMs Are Facing
- No Available states
- Unable to make payment
- Evaluation Taking Too long
- No Verification emails
- Call-Up number taking too long
- Matric Number error
- Class of Degree Error
- Date of Birth Correction Issue
How to Correct Date of Birth Issue with NYSC
It is very easy to correct your date of birth during NYSC registration.
The National Youth Service Corps gives room for correction of date of birth by prospective corps members that made mistakes during the course of registering online.
Tips to guide PCMs for Date of Birth (DOB) Correction
- Apply for Date of Birth Correction on your dashboard with WAEC. You can get the WAEC Verification PIN in any First Bank branch.
- The DOB link is active on your dashboard during Online Registration, ensure you make use of it appropriately.
- The WAEC Certificate must be equal or more than four (4) years as at the time of graduation.
- Do not use another person’s WAEC detail to apply, it will be disapproved.
- Ensure there is no disparity of names on your WAEC and that of your dashboard.
- A notification will be sent to your mail when your application has been processed.
- You are expected to login and check your Mobilization status on your dashboard.
- If your status did not change, it means you are still exempted and your Exemption Certificate will be processed.
- Go to your Institution after three (3) months and collect your Exemption Certificate.
- Note that date of birth is written on Certificate of National Service and Exemption Certificate.
- You cannot apply for DOB Correction after Camp Registration.
NYSC Call-Up Letter
After NYSC Registration, the next thing is the call-up letter.
NYSC Call-up letter is simply a letter that will show your state of deployment and other important information.
If you have paid the N3,000, you will be able to print your NYSC call-up letter on your dashboard.
You have two options as regarding printing your Call-up letter; you can either pay N3,000 and print it on your dashboard or don’t pay and go to your institution to collect it.
In any which way, money must be spent.
How To Check Your NYSC Posting Online
You don’t have to embark on a long-distance journey to your institution because you can always print your posting letter at the comfort of your home.
Your Call-up letter will contain your posting information.
Note: If you did not pay when you were doing your online registration, you would have to go to your school to pick up your Call-up letter.
Follow the procedures below to check your NYSC posting:
- Go to NYSC Portal
- Click “LOGIN HERE” icon
- Enter your e-mail and password
- Click “Resume” to login to your account
Once you login to your dashboard, click “Print Call Up Letter” to view your Call-up letter and see where NYSC posted you.
If you wish to print your call-up letter, then save it on your phone or computer and take it to where you can print.
11 Things To Do After Getting Your Call-Up Letter
- What you need to print your call up letter is the email you used in registering at the NYSC portal and your password.
- Print the original copy, (twice) make about 5 or more photocopies as you would need to submit some duplicates at camp.
- Your green card and call up letter should be printed with colored printer and not black and white printer.
- Rearrange your documents. What you need to take with you are callup letter, green card, statement of result or original certificate, passport, id card. Ensure your statement of result carries your school stamp and not a fake one.
- Put all these documents in a water-resistant file and seal properly. Do not laminate your green card or callup letter.
- Pack the basic necessary things.
- Connect with people you are posted to the same state.
- Check your sate of deployment very well to avoid mistakes.
- Travel safely and be prayerful.
- Be happy and positive on your journey and what’s about to come.
What is NYSC Green Card?
The NYSC Green card is one of the most important documents for the National Youth Service Corps programme and it’s also one of the mandatory documents that you must not leave at home when going to the NYSC Camp.
The NYSC green card is a sensitive document that contains all the details and personal information you filled during the NYSC registration.
The NYSC Green card contains:
- Your Personal Information
- Address and State Visited
- Phone Number
- Next of Kin
- Educational Qualification
- Kit Specification
Important Facts About NYSC Medical Certificate
Due to the controversies generated by the death of Youth Corps members in Orientation Camps, the leadership of the National Youth Service Corps has mandated all Prospective Corps Members to obtain a fitness medical certificate showing their health status before they will be registered and admitted for the orientation course after undergoing mobilization.
- Only hospitals owned by the Military, Police, Customs, Federal Medical Centres, Teaching Hospitals, General Hospitals, Government Specialist Hospitals, etc. are recognized.
- You cannot use your friends own. Your name has to be on the test result.
- It is Mandatory by the NYSC management.
- Only Doctors employed by Government or Military Hospital can sign the certificate for you.
- The certificate is valid for only 3 months after issuance or collection from Hospital.
NYSC Medical Certificate Test List
Having been informed that all PCMs are to compulsorily present the NYSC Medical Fitness Report as one of the qualifications for entry into the camp, the following are the tests that each PCM is expected to undergo:
- Blood group (Optional)
- Blood Pressure (Optional)
- Genotype (Optional)
- Stool Analysis
Easy Steps To Getting Your NYSC Medical Certificate
To obtain your medical certificate, you would be required to undertake the following steps.
- Go to a Government or Military Hospital and get registered. Upon registration, a file would be opened in your name and a hospital card would be issued to you.
- Thereafter, you would be directed to the various laboratories (if available) where the required tests are conducted. There, your samples are obtained and tested. In most instances, not all the tests would be conducted in the hospital labs due to insufficient staff or materials. Hence, you may need to patronize private labs for some tests.
- Once the tests have been conducted, you need to obtain the results for your medical records. You then take these test results to the doctor as your certificate would be based on the test results.
It is important to ensure the document issued to you by the doctor is signed and the stamp of the Government Hospital properly imprinted on the certificate.
It is not advisable to procure this medical certificate by bribery.
NYSC Travel Safety Tips For Prospective Corps Members
It has become very imperative for the PCMs to note the following travel safety tips and adhere strictly to them:
- PCMs, are enjoined to make adequate travel preparation before setting out on the journey. Crosscheck that you’ve packed all the relevant documents that will be requested at the point of registration. This is to guard against the danger of being asked to go back home and fetch the forgotten documents.
- Kindly research your destinations thoroughly before leaving.
- On no account should you board a vehicle by the roadside because of seemingly attractive cheap fare. You should board vehicles only from recognized parks.
- Be conscious of your travel time. Journeys must be arranged in such a way that you arrive your destination latest 6 pm. Note that if it’s not possible to arrive your destination at the aforesaid time, please, break the journey.
- Avoid unnecessary argument bordering on politics and religion, among others. You may unwittingly cause offence. Keep your views to yourself.
- Be courteous, but don’t trust people too quickly and don’t be loud while answering telephone calls, so as not to unknowingly divulge information that may place you on harm’s way.
- Watch your drinking habit. Alcohol dulls your senses. Always be sober.
- Take only what you need for the journey. Don’t over burden yourself with load.
- Dress normal. Don’t overdress. Conversely, don’t dress shabbily, since either way, you unduly stand out.
- Keep a very close watch over your personal effects. It is advisable that you carry your vital documents (certificates, international passport etc.) on you.
- Don’t put valuables in your back pocket for that’s always the pickpocket’s first point of call. It’s safer to use your front pocket.
- Keep your family and trusted friends updated on your itinerary.
7 Things You Should Never Do To Your NYSC Documents
Things you should not do to your important NYSC Documents (Statement of Result, Medical Certificate, Call Up Letter, Green Card) that you must take to the orientation camp.
- Do not laminate
- Do not forget any at home
- Do not lose your documents
- Do not sell any
- Do not fold
- Do not carelessly keep
- Do not give anyone
How Many Passports Do You Really Need For NYSC?
The answer is, you only need about 8 – 10 passports for NYSC.
You can make 15, you can make 20, you can make as many as you want but regarding camp registration and other official documents in camp, you only need the maximum of 10.
You will still have to take another professional picture with your NYSC crested vest in camp. It should be about 5 pieces or so.
These are the ones that will be used for some very important documentation.
NYSC Orientation Camp
This is the first arm of NYSC.
It is the camping of the prospective corpers for 3 weeks of great training, rehabilitation and preparation for the task ahead of them.
NYSC Batch C Stream II Orientation Course for corp members has been scheduled to commence on November 24th, 2021.
You have to prepare yourself, your body, soul and spirit.
Do not go there with a mindset that you are going to be comfortable like you are at home.
You will be at the camp for 20 full days.
The 21st day is the day you will be leaving the camp.
The orientation camp is always fun and turns out most times to be the best part of NYSC.
Please go to where you are posted early. Even if you would go by flight, make sure you go a day before.
The fun will start on the exact day of camp opening and whatever reason you have or anything you are doing, try to make it to camp 2 days after its opening.
The screening starts at the gate, where your loads are open and thoroughly search.
They don’t want you to bring in prohibited items like iron, knives, bombs, etc.
The first registration will certainly be for hostel/bed space, where you’ll be given tags to identify with. Then the paper registrations proper follow.
Try as much as possible to make everything available.
Look out for information posted on walls. Follow instructions strictly.
During the registration, you will get all your kits (shirts, shorts, and shoes).
Use the marker to write your Code Number (CN) on them immediately, you will also be given a tag that will show your CN.
That will be your ID Card temporarily. You take it everywhere in camp.
You will be given a meal ticket. Misplace it and forget about NYSC food and bicycle allowance.
You would also have to locate your platoon stand.
Your Platoon number is the last digit of your state code.
For instance, if your given state code number is 0503, then you are in a platoon.
Every corper is attached to a platoon and most of your activities including morning drills, competitions would be conducted according to platoons.
This is like your nuclear family for the 3 weeks. Here you would fill some forms, they will be given a pair of the NYSC khaki trouser and jacket + belts, 2 white t-shirts, 2 white shorts and 2pairs of socks and NYSC crested vest.
You would be given some small booklets like camp schedule, the NYSC anthem, rules, and regulations, etc.
Camping Tips For Prospective Corps Members
- Report on your scheduled camp reporting date.
- Do not travel to the Orientation Camps at night. Break your journey when necessary.
- You must register for the COVID-19 Test using the link in your dashboard once deployed.
- After documentation in the camp – your date of birth, date of graduation and course of study cannot be changed.
- Do not report to the Camp if there is any discrepancy with the Date of Graduation on your Statement of Result and your Call-up Letter. If you have any issues, return to your Institution to sort it out.
- After documentation in the camp, passport photograph cannot be changed.
- If you are deployed and refuse to report to the orientation camp, you will not be automatically revalidated to the next Stream.
- You can apply for correction of wrong Gender and Title in the Camp.
- You can also apply online for corrections to your Class of Degree, Qualification and Course of Study. Your Student Affairs Officer (SAO) will treat it.
- If there is disparity in the name on the Statement of Result and that on the Call-up Letter, apply for Name Addition and Removal on your dashboard. Your SAO will process online by uploading backing documents.
NYSC Orientation Camp Requirements
Here’s a checklist of what you will likely need in NYSC orientation camp.
Although, most of these items can be easily bought in the camp it can be quite expensive, so it is advisable you buy these things before going into camp.
- Call-up Letter (Original +5 photocopies)
- Green Slip (Original +5 photocopies)
- School ID Card/Photocard (+5 copies)
- Statement of Result/Certificate (Original +5 photocopies)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (Original +3 photocopies)
- Passport Photos with white background (8 photocopies)
- Stationary (Pen, Stapler, Permanent Marker)
- Casual/Sunday Wear
- Jumaat/Church Clothing
- Plain white round neck T-shirt (as many as you like)
- Plain White Shorts (as many as you like)
- Carnival Costume/Cultural Wear (be creative)
- Plain White Rubber Shoes (recommended)
- Plain White Sneakers (optional)
- White Socks (as many as possible)
- Bedsheets and Blanket
- Beverages (Cereals, Garri, Milk…)
- Body Cream/Lotion
- Bucket and Bailer
- Cardigan (White)
- Cloth Hangers
- Food Flask
- Hand Fan
- Mosquito Net/Repellant
- Power bank
- Sanitary Pads and Tampons
- Shower Caps
- Water Bottles
- Torch Lights
- Waist Pouch
- Wrist Watch
- Your Medications
- Your Phone
- Anti-malaria pills
- Combs and Hair Need
- Cotton Wool
- Eye pads for sleeping and ear plugs
- Handkerchiefs/face towels
- Inhaler (for those who are asthmatic)
- Makeup and Accessories
- Methylated Spirits/Rubbing Alcohol
- Money (Lots of it) and Functional ATM card
- Padlocks and Keys
- Perfumes/Body Spray
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- White panties (colored panties will be too conspicuous under the white tops and bottoms).
Electric appliances (stove, pressing iron, clipper, laptop, extensions), food stuff that has to be cooked (raw rice, yams, noodles etc.) mattress from home, mirrors, weapons and metallic cutleries are known to be contraband items in the orientation camp.
Pack as light as you can and make sure your box is as theft-proof as possible.
NYSC Orientation Camp Rules
This information is applicable to NYSC candidates in Batch A, B or C.
NYSC rules you must adhere to are all stated in this post to enable candidates to avoid being a victim of anything that may lead to the termination of their service.
- No room for casual wears – immediately you get your camp kits, wear it, no room for causal wears. Only your T-shirt and shorts with the tennis shoe are allowed on you.
- Morning Regimented Programme – By 4:30pm should be at the parade ground. You have your praise, worship and prayer the Christian and Muslim ways. After the morning admonitions, by 7am, breakfast follows! After eating, you will be called out again for the series of programmes lined up for you. Then you have your lunch, rest a little and you are out again for evening parade, then your dinner later. This will repeat itself everyday perhaps except on Sunday.
- Feeding of oneself is at your costs. If you don’t like the camp food, go outside to eat but at your cost.
- Stealing is prevalently prevailing at the Camp. They can steal anything. Secure your items.
- Respect and obey the soldier at the camp ground.
- The first stipends of ₦33,000 will be given to you in the camp, cash. All other ones will be through your bank.
Top 10 Competitions & Activities To Expect At NYSC Orientation Camp
There are different competitions/activities that will take place in various orientation camps.
The NYSC orientation camp is always very interesting and it’s filled with moments you will never forget in your history.
These activities are meant to engage and educate newly inducted corp members about the tenets of serving the fatherland.
This is the top 10 competitions to expect at NYSC camp.
- Beauty Pageant
- Hostel Cleanliness
- Man ‘O’ War
10 Costly Mistakes You Shouldn’t Make In Orientation Camp
Some of these mistakes can get you punished, kicked out of camp or arrested.
- Having Sex
- Don’t Urinate and Excrete around, always use the bathroom
- Forged or Fake Documents
- Getting drunk
- Jumping the Fence
- Lamination of Documents
- Sexual Harassment
NYSC Anthem Lyrics
Youth obey the clarion call
Let us lift our nation high
Under the sun or in the rain
With dedication and selflessness
Nigeria is ours, Nigeria we serve.
Members, take the great salute
Put the Nation first in all
With service and humility
NYSC for the noble youths
Make Nigeria a great nation.
Far and near we come to serve
And to build our fatherland
With oneness and loyalty
NYSC for unity
Hail Nigeria, our great nation.
Youth obey the clarion call
Let us lift our nation high
Under the sun or in the rain
With dedication and selflessness
Nigeria is ours, Nigeria we serve.
Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED)
This is a scheme established starting right from camp to help corp members acquire valuable skills before they finish their service year.
The scheme will run for like a week in camp, but you can decide to continue the program after camp (post-camp training).
It’s recorded as the most boring moments on camp.
But I can assure you, if you develop an interest, you will never regret it.
Place of Primary Assignment (PPA)
On the last day in orientation camp, you will collect a letter that will specify the particular place where you will do your service.
When you get your posting letter, the first place to go to is your Place of Primary Assignment (PPA).
That is the place you will spend the whole of your service year immediately you leave camp.
Your place of assignment can be a secondary school, an industry, university and even government office.
If you are identified with the Fellowship in camp, you may first report at the temporary lodge they will provide.
Then you could report at your PPA later same day or the following day.
When you leave the camp, home will be on your mind, having been used up in the camp life.
Few of your employers (i.e., where you are posted to) will send down vehicles to convey you from the camp to their workplaces; private and some Government higher education institutions do.
The Fellowship too makes arrangement for you at your cost.
Commercial transporters will likely be available at the gate too. Choose wisely.
You can also change your PPA if you are not satisfied with it.
2 Best Ways To Change Your NYSC Place of Primary Assignment (PPA)
You have gotten a Place of Primary Assignment and maybe you are even working already for over a month and you discover you will like to change your PPA.
These are some ways you can go about doing that:
This is when you have a polite negotiation with your PPA and make them see reasons why you cannot work with them.
You will have to provide reasonable excuses to them, because many PPA will not want to reject you.
It’s also a bit easier to negotiate for rejection with public schools than with privates; because many public schools won’t be willing to provide all the required amenities needed for you, and you can use that as an advantage to be rejected.
Post The Complain To NYSC
Maybe the first did not work out.
Another way to make NYSC change your PPA is to complain to the NYSC office when your PPA has refused to reject you.
You do that by writing a complain letter to them about your PPA and request for a change.
And if your reasons are good enough, you will be re-posted.
Accommodation at PPA
If you don’t know anybody in the place you are posted to, where will you shelter yourself on the first day?
The Fellowship may give you a temporary accommodation pending the time you will have to get yours.
You could be lucky if your employer gives you a room.
Many of them don’t give Corps members accommodation.
So be prepared to get shelter at your cost.
Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper
- Get a place close to your Place of Primary Assignment to save transport cost.
- Ensure the person in charge of the house you’re renting is the real person in charge.
- Check for road accessibility and network coverage in the area.
- Be security conscious.
- Ensure that a market is close or not too far.
- Make sure the apartment is not too expensive (if you don’t have enough money).
- Check for water availability.
Top 11 Security Hacks For Corps Members During NYSC
- Always tell people of your whereabout
- Be alert to any danger
- Beware of Riverside attractions
- Do not accept or ask for a lift from strangers
- Do not travel anyhow to visit home
- Don’t flaunt your valuables
- Don’t stay out late at nights
- Live close to your PPA
- Live together or around with other corps members
- Lock your doors at all times
- Relate carefully with indigenes
Your clearance at the NYSC office in the Local Government you will be posted to is very important.
NYSC clearance exercise takes place every month end.
If you miss a clearance, you will not collect your Allowee for that month and that is automatically an extension.
The date for the clearance is always different and it depends on your Local Government schedule.
This is why you don’t have to go straight to your house after camping.
Do all registrations first. Then you can take permission to go home.
What is Payment Voucher (PV)?
Is the form you will fill and sign every month to qualify you for your Monthly “Allowee”.
You will be doing clearance every first week of the month depending on your local government.
Without it; no payment and Corper go suffer.
You will also sign your first PV on camp.
Who is Local Government Inspector (LGI)?
That man is your boss in your local government during your service year.
You need to be good to him or her.
In case you want to change your PPA after documentation, you really need his or her backing.
Respect him and obey him.
Who is Zonal Inspector?
That is the NYSC official in charge of all the corpers in a particular zone.
Both the corpers and the LGI answers to him; so, respect him.
What Happens When A Corper Misses Biometrics/Clearance?
If you’re not present for your biometric or monthly clearance, you will not get your NYSC allowance for that month.
So here is what happens to you.
Firstly, you are not going to be paid for that month.
With the aid of technology, the officials will know that you are absent from the clearance and because you are absent, you won’t get anything for that month.
Secondly, that is an automatic extension for you.
If you miss NYSC monthly clearance, your service year is going to be extended because that shows that you were not present throughout the month and because you are were not present at your place of primary assignment you will not only be paid for the month, you will get an extra month after passing out.
So, endeavor not to miss your NYSC biometric or monthly clearance for anything and if you will really have to miss it make sure that you have a strong reason and you can present evidence while you actually missed it.
If you are serving this year, you are lucky because Allowance was increased from ₦19,800 to ₦33,000.
You will get a monthly payment of 33k starting from when you are in the orientation camp.
The last payment will double (66k).
You will open a new bank account and that is where the NYSC Allowee will be entering.
It always comes about 2-3 days before the end of the month.
Your allowance can also come in late some months.
CDS Stands for Community Development Service.
The NYSC officials will split every corps member into different CDS Group and they will be meeting once in a week.
CDS is very important as you cannot do your clearance if you did not participate in your CDS group.
This is where you brainstorm on how to do something important for the community where you serve.
NYSC Passing Out Parade
This is the last ceremony of your Youth Service Scheme.
Remember, everything that has a beginning will surely have an end.
No matter how you enjoy your place of assignment, you will end your NYSC after some months and face real life.
The passing out parade is always on a low key whereby you will go to your Local Government and collect your NYSC certificate.
Difference Between NYSC Revalidation and Remobilization
“I have been deployed in a previous NYSC batch but did not show up in camp”
In another form, you have been deployed to a state by NYSC and you refuse to show up at camp. After deployment, you are supposed to go for an orientation exercise.
Emeka belongs to NYSC 2021 Batch B Stream I, he was deployed to Lagos but he refused to go for the orientation camp.
Emeka is now ready for NYSC and wants to join NYSC 2022 Batch A or B Stream II, all he will need to do is REVALIDATE.
Either you have completed your registration or not, either you have printed your call-up letter or not, as long as you did not go to camp, you will revalidate.
“I have been mobilized in a previous NYSC batch but absconded from service in camp or after camping”
In this instance, you attended the orientation camp, do the normal registration on camp and then you run away. You will have to do remobilization
Rukayat belongs to NYSC 2021 Batch B Stream I, she was deployed to Benin and she was present at orientation camp.
After orientation camp or before the end of orientation camp, she runs away.
Rukayat is now ready for NYSC and wants to join NYSC 2022 Batch A or B Stream II, all she will need to do is REMOBILIZE.
Duration of NYSC Relocation
Duration of NYSC relocation is not always long, it varies and depends on the reasons you want to redeploy and who you are.
After you submit your form in camp, the officials will verify the documents and some other things and your relocation letter will be ready.
- If your issue is on health ground and it needs a serious attention or life-threatening, the management will relocate you immediately and you will leave camp immediately maybe after 2 days or so.
- If yours is marital ground and you already have a little baby or you are heavily pregnant, the duration of your NYSC relocation will be instant. The camp is not conducive for small babies and pregnant women.
- Nursing married mothers will also get their relocation instantly Within days.
- If yours is based on other reasons you might get your relocation letter at the end of the orientation camp.
How To Apply For NYSC Relocation and Redeployment Online
You need to have a genuine reason for applying for redeployment.
There are several good reasons why you might want to apply for NYSC relocation.
Reasons To Apply For NYSC Relocation
The NYSC management has made redeployment as easy as just logging into the official website and apply.
Easy Way To Apply For NYSC Relocation
- Visit the [NYSC Official Website]
- Sign in with your email and password (same as the ones you earlier used in registering on the portal)
- Click on “Relocation”
- Fill in your details appropriately into the fields provided.
- You will be notified afterward through text messages and emails about developments on your application (whether it was approved or rejected).
How To Print NYSC Relocation and Redeployment Letter Online
- Visit the Official NYSC Portal.
- Log in with your email and password.
- Click on Manage Relocation.
- Make a payment of ₦1000 (one thousand Naira only) and wait for it to redirect you after successful payment
- Print your payment receipt which will serve as your evidence of successful payment after printing your NYSC relocation letter online.
- Make sure you make copies of the printed letter for reference during your passing out.
How To Cancel NYSC Relocation
NYSC relocation is not something you apply for fun or do because your friends are applying for it.
Assuming you finally made a mistake or after applying for NYSC relocation, you discover that you are in love with the state and then want to cancel it, here is what you will do.
If you applied for NYSC relocation and you are still in camp when you decided to change your mind, all you have to do is go to the camp commandant through your Platoon instructors or just go directly.
You will need a good reason with a lot of begging, and it might get canceled it for you.
If you applied online after the NYSC Orientation Camp, you should go straight to the L.I and inform him or her about the cancellation of your NYSC relocation.
With a lot of begging, you can get lucky to cancel it.
Also, if the redeployment letter is already out with your new state, and you want to cancel it, you will need your State Coordinator.
Most of the time, relocation cancelation can be stressful and, in most cases doesn’t work out.
Once you apply, there is no going back.
But with the above tips on how to cancel for NYSC relocation, you can give it a shot.
What To Do After NYSC Relocation
The next thing to do after NYSC relocation is to go directly to your new state for documentation.
You have no business with the original state again.
They will then give you a Place of Primary Assignment or ask you to find one by yourself.
Austin checked his call-up letter and found Zamfara state.
He cannot serve for 11 months in Zamfara state due to some reasons known to him, so he is planning to redeploy to Akwa-Ibom during orientation camp.
He took the redeployment form and it worked.
The NYSC official then relocates him to Akwa Ibom.
So now, Austin will travel to Akwa Ibom and go straight to Akwa Ibom NYSC secretariat to show the LI and officials his relocation letter.
The LI will then give him a PPA in Akwa Ibom or ask him to find one.
Why Is It Challenging For NYSC Corpers To Save?
What are the things making it so hard for Corp members to even save during NYSC year?
The first thing that will determine if a person will save is the city posted to.
It is more likely for people posted to village to save more than those in cities because of cost of living.
Other factors range from individuals’ ways of handling money and how they want to enjoy their service year.
Adequate planning is key in this regard, regardless of your location, once you planned and remained focused to the plan nothing in life is unachievable.
- Buy your materials needed in bulk, not in pieces
- Set up a priority table for your needs
- Make sure your planned expenditure is never greater than your proposed income
- Never cultivate the act of borrowing for any project of yours
- Make use of PiggyVest to save, invest your money and earn interest
What is PiggyVest?
PiggyVest is an online Nigerian platform registered and approved by the Federal Government that helps people save money to meet their goals.
They are widely regarded as the biggest online savings and investing platform in Nigeria.
The platform offers people the opportunity to invest their money in various ventures and get up to 25% return on investments for as little as 8 months or more.
Saving money attracts up to 13% interests.
There are various ways to save.
You can save as an individual or as a group.
You can save with a friend, with your husband or wife, you can save with anyone.
All the little money you waste every day, week or month, can turn to a very huge amount when you save them.
Saving for the rainy days is a good habit; it could be to start a business, pay rent or anything.
You’ll Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% – 15% interests on savings and over 25% return on investments when you sign up today.
Sign up today and get ₦1,000.00 to start your own savings journey.
After Youth Service (NYSC) What Next?
After graduation and/or service, you can start thinking of getting a good job, doing business, getting a Master’s Degree in Nigeria or going abroad to further your education.
It is all left for you to decide.
If you learnt from this post, please shared with your friends and course mates using the social share buttons below.
Do you also have questions?
Please leave your comments below.
I wish you success.