Do you want to know the NYSC mobilization timetable, calendar, next batches and months?
If YES, then this is the only post to read.
NYSC Timetable 2023
The NYSC timetable is a schedule of events that outlines the steps involved in the mobilization of corps members for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
The timetable is important for corps members, as it provides them with information about the dates and deadlines for each stage of the mobilization process.
The NYSC timetable also serves as a guide for NYSC officials, as it helps them to ensure that the mobilization process is conducted smoothly and efficiently.
Here are some of the key events that are outlined in the NYSC timetable:
1. Online registration
This is the first step in the mobilization process.
Corps members must register online using the NYSC website.
2. Briefing of prospective corps members
This is a mandatory briefing for all corps members.
The briefing will provide corps members with information about the NYSC, the orientation course, and their rights and responsibilities as corps members.
3. Collation of prospective corps members’ data by Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs)
This is gathering information about corps members from their respective CPIs.
This information includes the corps members’ names, addresses, academic records, and medical fitness status.
4. Submission/Uploading of Senate/Academic Board Approved Result for Full/Part-Time Graduates and Revalidation List by CPIs
This is submitting or uploading the academic results of corps members to NYSC.
This is important for ensuring that corps members are eligible to serve.
5. Uploading of Corrected Lists By Corps Producing (CPIs)
This is uploading any corrected lists of corps members to the NYSC.
This is important for ensuring that the NYSC has accurate information about corps members.
6. Online Registration by Foreign and Locally Trained Nigerian Graduates
This is registering online for corps members who are foreign-trained or locally trained Nigerian graduates.
7. Entertainment of Complaints from Prospective Corps Members by State Deployment and Relocation Officers and NYSC Help lines/ Desk Officers
This is handling complaints from corps members about the mobilization process.
8. Forwarding of Complaints to Mobilization Department by State Deployment and Relocation Officers
This is forwarding complaints from corps members to the NYSC mobilization department.
9. Online Delivery of Printouts to Corps Producing Institutions
This is delivering printouts of the corps members’ data to their respective CPIs.
10. Deployment and Printing of Call-up Letters by ICT Department
This is deploying and printing call-up letters for corps members.
11. Notification/On-line Printing of Call-up Letters
This is notifying corps members about their call-up letters and providing them with instructions on how to print their call-up letters online.
12. Commencement of Orientation Course
This is the start of the orientation course for corps members.
The orientation course is a three-week program that provides corps members with information about the NYSC, their rights and responsibilities as corps members, and the history and culture of Nigeria.
Here is the NYSC table for Batch A, B and C orientation exercise:
|Batch||Stream||Orientation Course Date|
|A||1||March 10th – March 30th, 2023|
|A||2||May 18th – June 8th, 2023|
|B||1||July 27th – Aug 18th, 2023|
|B||2||Aug 24th – Sep 15th, 2023|
|C||1||Oct 26th – Nov 15th, 2023|
|C||2||Nov 23rd – Dec 19th, 2023|
Please note that these dates are subject to change.
The NYSC will release the official timetable closer to the mobilization date.
Next Batch of NYSC 2023
The next batch for NYSC 2023 is Batch C.
The mobilization for Batch C will be in two streams, with Stream 1 starting in October and Stream 2 starting in November.
NYSC Batches and Months 2023
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has three batches of mobilization per year.
The batches are:
- Batch A mobilized in the first half of the year, usually between March and May.
- Batch B mobilized in the second half of the year, usually between July and September.
- Batch C mobilized in the third half of the year, usually between October and December.
The NYSC may also have a supplementary batch, which is mobilized to fill vacancies in previous batches.
The batches are further divided into two streams, with stream 1 starting in the first half of the month and stream 2 starting in the second half of the month.
For example, Batch A Stream 1 will be mobilized in March, while Batch A Stream 2 will be mobilized in May.
The NYSC decides the number of batches and streams to mobilize each year based on the number of graduates who are eligible to serve.
NYSC also considers the availability of resources, such as orientation camps and places of primary assignment.