37 Remote Jobs for Nigerians (Work from Home and Earn $7k)
Remote jobs in Nigeria are getting increasingly popular because of their flexibility, creativity, sense of achievement, calm, and ease of the individual.
Presently, one way to live comfortably in Nigeria is to have a remote job that pays in dollars when you work from home.
At the end of this post, you will get the right guidelines that will enable you to get legal and online remote jobs in Lagos, the United States of America, the United Kingdom (UK), Canada, and other countries.
So, ensure to take your time and read this article to the end if you’re serious about achieving your new year money making resolution.
Remote Jobs for Nigerians
Remote jobs are jobs you do from any location that is convenient for you.
A remote job is not just a way to work from the comfort of your home.
It also seeks to eliminate commuting and its associate stress, while also allowing for flexible work hours.
Lot of clients abroad need talented Nigerians to help them with their projects.
To get a remote job in Nigeria that pays in dollars, have a marketable skill that is in high demand.
Some specific skill sets are in high demand and will continue to be for the next decade to come.
These skills attract employers irrespective of your color, race, or language.
With these skills, you can earn a living either full-time or part-time.
Why Remote Jobs?
Here are the major advantages of working remotely:
- You can live and work from anywhere in the world!
- You can ditch your daily commute, which for the average Nigerian is 50+ minutes a day.
- You can save thousands of dollars a year on fuel, public transit, and feeding (eating outside).
- You can earn a higher salary. For example, software developers who work remotely full-time earn about 40% more than those who don’t.
- You can work for interesting and innovative companies that may not have a physical presence in your city, for example Mozilla (Firefox), Buffer, WordPress, Facebook, Google, etc.
- You can work in a more creative environment, whether it is a co-working space in your city, or just your own home office.
- You will probably have flexibility over your work hours.
Steps to Getting Remote Jobs in Nigeria
Here are the steps to get remote jobs in Nigeria online:
- Know the right sites for remote job hunting.
- Familiarize yourself with the remote community.
- Be diligent, patient, and love what you do.
- Tailor your resume for remote job applications.
- Take your job search into your own hands.
37 Best Remote Jobs in Nigeria in 2023
Here are the best remote jobs that pay in dollars in Nigeria:
- Account Management
- Algorithms Designer
- Art, Design, and Photography
- Audio Production
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR)
- Blockchain Development
- Cloud Computing
- Coding and Software Enhancement
- Content Creation
- Cyber Security
- Data Analysis
- Digital Marketing and SEO
- Ethical Hacking
- Financial Management
- Foreign Languages
- Forex Trading
- Graphics Design
- Lead Generation (CPA Marketing)
- Machine Learning
- Management Consulting
- Networking Development
- Online Frameworks
- Project Management
- Public Relations
- Sales (Ex. Affiliate, Offline)
- Social Media Management
- Software Development/Engineering
- Sports/Fitness Coach/Nutritionist
- UI Designer
- User Experience
- Video Production
- Virtual Assistance
- Web Design and Development
8 Websites to Find Remote Jobs in Nigeria
Here are the best websites to find and apply for remote jobs in Nigeria online.
1. Remote Africa
Remote Africa helps provide remote opportunities for talent in Africa and connects them with companies looking for remote tech workers.
Remote Africa curates a list of the most interesting remote job offers in many professional careers.
The company filter for truly remote positions that allow African professionals to work within Africa, travel the globe and possibly relocate: no more restrictions of jobs only in USA, EU, UK, or Americas.
Why should you work with Remote Africa?
- No commute, no traffic.
- More time with family, relatives, and pets.
- Improve your mental and physical health.
- Freedom to relocate and live where you want to live.
- Ability to become a digital nomad and explore different cities and cultures.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule, and work-life balance.
- Ability to continue your career as a parent.
- Diversity, talent and closing the gender gap: hire the best humans from across Africa.
- The prospect of a working world without borders.
Wellfound makes it easy to find your dream job – regardless of your location.
A personalized – and completely private – job search, with all the info you care about upfront.
Say goodbye to cover letters – your profile is all you need.
Create a profile that highlights your skills and preferences, then apply directly and privately to unique jobs you can’t find anywhere else.
Streamline the interview process – set your expectations for salary and preferences for company culture upfront.
Crossover’s vision is to revolutionize the way people work: matching the top 1% of global professionals with top-tier careers, and finding solutions to make remote work more efficient than ever before.
Crossover matches the world’s most talented professionals with 100% remote careers.
- Find the most talented professionals in the world.
- Give them a way to prove their skills.
- Enable the top few to access high-paying remote jobs from anywhere.
Fiverr is a global online marketplace for freelance services.
Fiverr’s platform connects freelancers (sellers) to people or businesses looking to hire (buyers).
The highest-paying jobs on Fiverr include website design, social media manager, proofreading and copywriting, and resume writing.
These days many sellers charge much more, and the site is increasingly bringing its freelancers high income.
Freelancers work from a variety of workplaces, ranging from home to office.
The platform is global, with freelancers and businesses spanning about 160 countries.
FlexJobs was created in 2007 to provide a trusted, more effective, friendly, and overall better way to find professional remote and flexible jobs.
The quick answer is anyone who wants a job with some kind of flexibility — remote, work from home, hybrid, part-time, freelance, or flexible schedule.
For example, FlexJobs is a fantastic resource for:
- People interested in working from home or remotely some, or all, of the time.
- Anyone looking for a career-oriented part-time job (on-site or remote).
- Freelancers looking for more clients and projects.
- Anyone who wants to ditch (or reduce) their commute.
- Parents that want to be more flexible for their kids and families.
- Someone looking for a second job or supplemental income that uses their skills and education professionally.
- People who live in rural or local areas where they can’t find a job in their career field without having to move.
- People with physical or health issues wanting/needing to find flexible work or remote jobs to suit their needs.
- Caretakers of loved ones with health issues, for the same reasons as above.
- Retirees looking to stay professionally active and to earn some income.
- Military spouses who need the flexibility to work from anywhere in case their spouses are re-stationed.
- Anyone looking for flexible or alternative schedules.
- And anyone else who would appreciate a job that better fits with their life, not a life that fits with their job!
Freelancer.com is one of the world’s largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplaces by several users and projects.
It connects over 64,361,958 employers and freelancers globally, from over 247 countries, regions, and territories.
Through the marketplace, employers can hire freelancers to do work in areas such as software development, writing, data entry and design right through to engineering, the sciences, sales and marketing, accounting and legal services.
How do I get started?
- Complete your profile.
- Select your skills and expertise.
- Upload a professional profile photo.
- Go through the Verification Center checklist.
- Browse jobs that suit you.
- Put your best foot forward and write the best pitch possible.
- Read the project and let the clients know you understand their brief.
- Tell them why you’re the best person for this job.
- Get ready to work once you get hired.
- Deliver high quality work and earn the agreed amount.
Jobspresso is an online platform dedicated to connecting talented people who seek remote careers with innovative, forward-thinking companies that offer these positions.
Jobspresso is the easiest way to find high-quality remote jobs in tech, marketing, customer support and more.
100% of job listings are hand-picked, manually reviewed, and expertly curated daily.
Put your job search on autopilot: Join 15,000+ remote workers and get daily job updates on Twitter and Facebook or post your resume today and be discovered by employers.
Upwork is a marketplace for freelancers in fields like writing, graphic design, and web development, etc.
The site helps professionals find projects, communicate with clients, and get paid.
If you’re a new freelancer, or working in a new field, you can rack up valuable experience without always having to pitch clients cold.
But the site is full of new workers who will take work for a lower rate, which can affect your earning potential.
Overall, Upwork makes it easier to find jobs and make more money, but think carefully about which gigs you want to apply for.
How to Make Money on Upwork
- Set up a robust — and honest — profile.
- Choose a membership plan.
- Connect with (legitimate) employers.
- Set your price and start working.
- Get paid.
READ ⇒ Legit App To Make REAL Money Online (Earn ₦11k Daily)
I will be happy if this is real