Sample of Filled SIWES Logbook PDF
Here is a sample of a filled SIWES logbook PDF for a student studying Computer Science:
Student’s Personal and Academic Information
- Name: John Chike
- Matriculation Number: 123456789
- Department: Computer Science
- Level: 200
- Institution: University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Details of the Organization
- Name of Organization: Tech365
- Address: 123 Main Street, Lagos
- Contact Person: Mr. Smith
- Designation: Manager
Student’s Daily Attendance Register
|Date||Day||Time in||Time out||Remarks|
|2023-09-01||Monday||8:00 AM||5:00 PM||Met with Mr. Smith and introduced myself.|
|2023-09-02||Tuesday||8:00 AM||5:00 PM||Observed how the developers work on their projects.|
|2023-09-03||Wednesday||8:00 AM||5:00 PM||Taken part in a bug fixing session.|
|2023-09-04||Thursday||8:00 AM||5:00 PM||Learned how to use the company’s version control system.|
|2023-09-05||Friday||8:00 AM||5:00 PM||Worked on my project.|
- John is a dedicated student. He is always willing to learn new things, and he is always eager to help.
- He is a quick learner and he can grasp new concepts quickly.
- He is a team player and he can work well with others.
- I am confident that John will be a valuable asset to any organization.
Student’s Final Remarks
I enjoyed my SIWES experience at Tech365.
I learned a lot about software development and I could apply my knowledge in a practical setting.
I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked with such a talented team of developers.
I would recommend SIWES to any student who is interested in gaining practical experience in their chosen field.
It is a great way to learn new skills, meet new people, and contribute valuably to an organization.
The sample of filled SIWES logbook PDF provided above is a general guideline on how to fill out a SIWES logbook.
The specific contents of the logbook may vary depending on the institution and the organization where the student is doing their industrial training.
The general sections that are usually included are:
- Student’s personal and academic information.
- Details of the organization.
- Student’s daily attendance register.
- Supervisor’s assessment.
- Student’s final remarks.
The student’s personal and academic information section should include the student’s name, matriculation number, department, level, and institution.
The details of the organization section should include the name of the organization, address, contact person, and designation.
The student’s daily attendance register should record the student’s daily attendance, time in, time out, and any remarks.
The supervisor’s assessment should be a summary of the student’s performance during the industrial training.
The student’s final remarks should be a brief reflection of the student’s experience.
Some logbooks may also include these sections:
- Monthly work summary.
- Skills gained.
- Challenges faced and how they were overcome.
- Recommendations for improvement.
The specific contents of the logbook should be aligned with the objectives of the SIWES program.
The goal of the SIWES program is to provide students with practical experience in their chosen field of study.
The logbook should be a record of the student’s learning and development during the industrial training.