Jollof Rice Secret Ingredient List and Recipe (Cook Yours Now)
Do you want to know the jollof rice secret ingredient list, best recipe, how to cook for a party with tomato paste, chicken, and meat with stew without burning?
If YES, then this is the only post to read today.
To make a sumptuous, tasty, and delicious jollof rice recipe, you certainly shouldn’t miss the secret ingredient list.
Without it, you would end up making an ordinary jollof rice with no unique taste and texture, and who knows, it might not end up being sweet.
Jollof rice is relished by the plurality of African nations, particularly Nigeria.
It’s the most sought-after recipe at most Nigerian parties; a party is never complete without the Jollof rice.
There are various ways to cook the Nigerian jollof rice, but we will analyze the best recipe you can use today.
Jollof Rice Ingredients
Here is the list of ingredients for jollof rice:
- 4 cups long basmati rice (not necessarily basmati but make sure it’s a long grain rice for perfect result).
- 1/2 mug of vegetable oil.
- 2 large onions.
- 240 grams of tomato paste.
- 8 cubes seasoning.
- 4-5 red bell pepper (tatashe).
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes/ one can of chopped tomatoes.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 50 grams of butter/margarine.
- 3-4 pieces of bay leaves.
- 3 pieces of Scotch bonnet pepper (Atarodo) or more to your satisfaction.
- 1 mug chicken/beef stock.
- 1 small size ginger.
- 1 teaspoon curry.
- 1 teaspoon thyme.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Smoked Paprika.
- Powdered Nutmeg.
- Sweet Corn.
- Green Beans.
Jollof Rice Recipe
Here are the steps to cook jollof rice at home without burning:
- Put your cooking pot on medium intensity, and add the vegetable oil, the diced onions, the tomato paste, and bay leaves.
- Broil them together for around 2 minutes until they become clear. (try not to quit mixing to abstain from consuming fire).
- Add your mixed fixings (Tomatoes, scotch hood pepper, garlic, onions, and red bell pepper) and mix well.
- Let it cook for around 5 minutes.
- Mix well and add your chicken/meat stock and mix well.
- Add flavors (curry, thyme, salt, condiments, and margarine).
- Cover it for 5 minutes.
- Open and mix well indeed, then add the washed rice and mix well in the blend.
- Cover with foil paper, decrease the intensity, and permit cooking for the initial 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, open and taste for salt; on the off chance that it actually requires more, add and cover to cook for another 20 – 25 minutes.
- The rice ought to be delicate. Mix well to the lower part of the pot with a knife or turning stick (I prefer a knife because the turning stick breaks the rice during the time spent turning).
- Cover and increase the heat intensity for around 5 minutes and permit the rice to burn for the bona fide Jollof party taste.
- Switch off the light intensity and turn over to the lower part of the pot.
- Your smoky party jollof rice is prepared.
Expert Cooking Tips for Jollof Rice
- It is advised to cook in a stainless-steel pot because it improves the flavors of jollof rice, bringing it to climax with the typical “Party jollof rice.”
- Do not parboil your rice before the real cooking because the more the rice remains collected with the sauce, the more passionate the flavors can be. There’s also the benefit of acquiring a dry non-sticky jollof rice when completed.
- Goat meat stock is not a good option for party jollof rice.
- The goat meat flavor is equivalent to using bush meat, which is too wild in taste.
- Fried flesh will brown additionally as it cools.
- Don’t overcook your flesh because it will still unwind more when fried.
- Do not overcrowd the fat when frying the meat.
- Jollof seasoning powder can be purchased in any Nigerian market or African mart.
- If you are not lucky to get Jollof seasoning powder, just put in a small amount of extra chicken seasoning powder.
- Remember that the flavor of your sauce will be the flavor of the jollof rice.
- If you are not satisfied with the taste of your sauce, adjust your condiments until you get precisely what you desire.
- You can use hot water to grant your rice a last rinse before summing up into the stew instead of parboiling.
What is the difference between party jollof and typical jollof?
Party jollof rice is normally extremely legitimate in taste, more extravagant and undeniably more scrumptious.
There are three fundamental techniques for cooking party jollof rice: the hob, firewood, and the broiler strategy.
What is the jollof rice secret ingredients list?
Butter is the secret ingredient that can be added toward the finish of your jollof rice cooking.
The steam dissolves the margarine, which then gives your jollof rice a truly pleasant look and additional flavor.
What are the best flavors for jollof rice?
Nutmeg, Paprika powder, spices other than thyme, which is perfect; however, oregano and inlet leaf are unique.
Ginger and garlic powder (notwithstanding or as a substitute for fresh ginger and garlic).
What makes jollof rice beautiful?
Tomatoes give jollof rice its special rosy color.
New tomatoes are best used to get ready enormous amounts of jollof rice as they are less expensive than handled purees.
Alongside tomatoes, scotch bonnet likewise adds to the shade of the rice.
If you want to make a tasty and rich-looking jollof rice, then you have all you need in the above article.
The jollof rice secret ingredient list lets you prepare a sumptuous, extraordinarily tasty jollof rice and be satisfied.
Following the steps in the article, we are left with no doubt that you would be part of the lucky person awarded the best master chef!
We hope you have fun trying out this recipe.
READ ⇒ Nigerian Food Timetable for Ulcer Patient (Get Free Meal Plan)