When you try to buy insurance for yourself, your family, or your business in Nigeria, getting started can be hard.
You must fill in long forms and wait a long while before you can access care.
Customer service doesn’t exist, and some hospitals give you poor service.
You’re a person, and you deserve to be treated well.
Reliance HMO focuses on giving you the best customer service.
This means everything will be done to make sure you enjoy using your health insurance anytime and everywhere.
What is Reliance HMO?
Reliance HMO is the best health insurance company in Nigeria that uses software, data science and telemedicine to make health insurance delightful, affordable and easier to access.
The company is focused on giving you the best customer service.
This means they will do anything and everything to make sure you enjoy using your health insurance anytime and everywhere.
Reliance HMO Health Plans
(a) For You and Your Family
- Affordable health insurance for individuals and families.
- Pay monthly, quarterly or annually.
- 24/7 customer care and zero wait times. You can always contact at any time of the day, every day of the week.
- Health benefits get increased every quarter, and the price remains constant.
- With over 1,500 hospitals across Nigeria as partners, this means no matter where you are, you can get access to good quality healthcare.
- If you stay healthy, you’ll get paid back 20% of your annual payment.
(b) For Your Parents
- Affordable health insurance for older parents, senior citizens or anyone battling with pre-existing conditions like hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, and peptic ulcer.
- Pay monthly, quarterly or annually.
- You can always rely on the HMO to be reachable by your parents or the hospital, 24 hours a day.
- There’s no need for elderly ones to stress to get their medications. They get it delivered immediately on request.
- Health coaches ensure your parents are in good health so you can have peace of mind.
(c) For Business
- Affordable health insurance for corporates and SMES.
- Your employees will be happier and healthier with this health insurance plan.
- Sign up your entire company in minutes with zero stress.
- Hospitals across Nigeria will treat your employees like royalty because their claims are paid in under 48 hours without owing.
- You can always rely on the HMO to be reachable by your employees or the hospital, 24 hours a day.
- If you have over 10 employees, you’ll get a Key Account Manager for every request you have.
||₦3,500 per person per month|
||₦6,000 per person per month|
||₦13,500 per person per month|
How it Works
- Choose between the monthly, quarterly or yearly payment periods and select any of the health insurance plans that fit your needs.
- Enter your details and pay online with your card. It’s very simple.
- After paying, watch out for the series of emails you’ll get from your No. 1 HMO in Nigeria, explaining how to use your health plans to stay healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I buy RelianceHMO Health Insurance?
Get started by clicking here.
The process takes less than 10 minutes.
You select the type of insurance you want, pay with your ATM card, fill out a short form and you can use hospitals immediately.
How do I add other people to my health insurance I just bought?
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the “Add Enrollee” button at the top of the dashboard.
- Fill in the relevant information for each person required on the form.
- Submit and you are done.
How do I select a hospital?
You select your primary hospital from a list of hospitals when you are filling out the enrolment form.
It is best if you choose a hospital close to your home, place of work or anywhere you deem convenient.
Do I need to call you first before I go to the hospital?
No, you do not.
Walk confidently into your chosen hospital, show your ID card and you will be attended to.
Can I change my hospital at any time I desire?
Yes. You can freely access care in any hospital you are eligible for based on your insurance plan.
This means you can roam within the limits of the hospitals covered on your chosen plan(s).
Can I visit any hospital when I travel to other states?
Yes. You may visit all hospitals in the RelianceHMO network that are available on your insurance plan.
You can check the list of RelianceHMO network hospitals and clinics near you in the Reliance Care App or on the website.
Does my Reliance HMO ID card guarantee access to care?
Absolutely! If you present the Reliance HMO (soft) ID card on your phone at your chosen hospital, you will receive care so long as your insurance is valid, and you are eligible and covered for the service you need to receive in the hospital.
Why don’t you issue hard copy ID cards?
RelianceHMO soft copy ID cards allow instant coverage to be offered and make accessing care simple and convenient.
Hard copy ID cards don’t allow this to happen.
How do I access the app?
You can access the RelianceHMO App on your web browser by downloading it on Google Playstore or App Store.
How does Chat with a Doctor work?
Whenever you need to speak to a doctor about a simple ailment, open the Reliance Care App or the website dashboard.
On the website click the “Consult a Doctor” button, at the side menu of the website or click the “Health questions” button at the bottom of the Reliance Care App, it will open a page where you can type your health-related question and send it to a doctor.
Doctors are available 24 hours a day and you will get an answer from a doctor within 10 minutes.
If you don’t receive an alert for your answer in 10 minutes, go back into the app and refresh the page.
The doctor will ask you for more details on your condition, give you basic advice and can even give you a prescription for simple over the counter (OTC) medication.
So, you can get treatment without leaving the comfort of your home or office.
Do I need a referral to see a specialist?
Yes. Your Primary Care Provider will need to refer you to a specialist.
An appointment will be scheduled for you, and you’ll be walked through seeing the specialist.
What happens if I don’t renew my plan?
Ideally, when you don’t renew your plan after 7 days of expiry you lose all graduated benefits and will need to start again from month 1 when you renew the plan.
The 7 days grace period starts from the date your plan expires.
If you renew your plan within this 7-day grace period, you get to keep your benefits.
What is your refund process?
Refunds for plans purchased are processed within the first three (3) days.
An application for a refund must be submitted within the first three (3) days’ limit to qualify for a refund.
Plans that have been used are not eligible for refunds.
This includes telemedicine consultations.
What are the conditions for approving care?
For enrollees to be approved for care, these requirements must be met:
- The benefit(s) must be accessible on the respective plan.
- A working diagnosis issued by a medical practitioner from a provider under Reliance HMO’s coverage.
Do you have a plan for pregnant women?
Plans can be customized to offer pregnancy coverage for corporate solutions; however, it is not offered as standard.
Companies must have a minimum of 10 employees to qualify for pregnancy care under family plans; individual plans will not qualify for pregnancy care.
What health benefits do I have access to?
Your health benefits include general and specialist consultations, secondary care (eye and dental care), emergency services, surgeries, and lots more.
The availability and limits of your health benefits are determined by the health plan you subscribed to.
Do I get access to secondary care?
Absolutely! After consistent payments, your graduated benefits will grant you access to secondary benefits, including eye care, dental care and gym and spa visits, depending on your plan.
What are pre-existing and chronic conditions?
Pre-existing conditions (PEC) are serious illnesses that have existed before the start of your insurance plan.
Treatment or advice may have been received for such conditions in the past.
Covers for PEC and chronic conditions like hypertension, diabetes, peptic ulcer, and arthritis are purchased besides any of our health insurance plans.
This benefit is not just for older parents, it also covers younger people who have the pre-existing conditions listed above.
Must I use medication provided by RelianceHMO if I am on the Pre-existing Conditions Extra Benefit?
Yes, unless otherwise stated.
Medication refills will be provided by the home visit team and help you prevent or manage chronic health conditions and should be taken seriously.
If your medications are unavailable, arrangements will be made for you to have them collected from a nearby hospital.
What if I have more than one pre-existing condition? Do I pay for multiple Pre-existing Conditions Extra Benefits?
No, you only must pay for one Pre-existing Condition Extra Benefit to get covered for hypertension, diabetes, peptic ulcer disease and arthritis.
If you have Hypertension and Arthritis and require coverage for both, you only need to purchase one Pre-existing Condition Extra Benefit and you get coverage for both.
Are all medications for my pre-existing condition covered under the extra benefits?
Yes, all medications required to manage your pre-existing conditions are covered with the Pre-existing Conditions Extra Benefit.
What if I don’t use my insurance?
It’s very simple; there is a cash back program.
If you stay on an insurance plan continuously for 12 months and you did not use the insurance plan, your account will automatically be credited with 20% of all you have paid.
No stories. This is only available for retail clients.
Reliance HMO Contact
If you need to speak to us about your health benefits, payment, enrolment, insurance plans or any other issue at all, a Reliance Care Centre agent is available 24 hours a day to answer you.
You can easily reach out via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 070073542623
- WhatsApp: 07035369587
- Facebook Messenger: @reliancehmo