Are you interested in knowing American Idol Season 21 starting period, registration form price, official website, audition date, location and venue, requirements, application, selection methods and the deadline to send in your application, judges, contestants and past winners?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
American Idol is an original music show that genuinely creates superstars and continues to grow to allow genuine artists to succeed in this unique business.
The competition is held every year in the United States of America (USA) and winners of the competition are rewarded with amazing cash prizes and endorsement deals.
Since inception, this music competition has seen many young music stars with amazing talents come to limelight, including Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry, Fantasia, Ruben Studdard, Jennifer Hudson, Clay Aiken, Adam Lambert, and Jordin Sparks.
Before you can contest for this show, you would need to register and scale through the audition first.
That’s why this post was specially written for you.
After reading this post, you will be fully prepared as you’ll get hints, right guidelines that will enable you to avoid making costly mistakes and become a qualified contestant and possibly win this season’s edition.
So, ensure to take your time and read this article to the end if you’re really serious about achieving your musical dream and career in this year.
About American Idol
American Idol is an American singing competition television series created by Simon Fuller, produced by Fremantle North America and 19 Entertainment, and distributed by Fremantle North America.
It started as an addition to the Idols format that was based on Pop Idol from British television and became one of the most successful shows in the history of American television.
The concept of the series involves discovering recording stars from unsigned singing talents, with the winner determined by American viewers using phones, the internet, and SMS text voting.
American Idol Winner Prizes
The winner of American Idol Season 21 will receive a record deal with Hollywood Records, the record label owned by Disney (also the parent of ABC).
The winner gets $125,000 when they sign the contract and the remaining $125,000 when they complete an album, which they have four months to do.
They also have a budget of as much as $300,000 to record that album, which is given as an advance that they will have to pay back against future earnings.
While the headline figure is $250,000, the artist probably won’t get all of it.
In the entertainment business, a manager usually takes 15 to 21%, while lawyers get about 5%.
That could leave the Idol winner taking home about $187,000.
American Idol Winners
Here is the complete list of American Idol winners:
- Season 20 – Noah Thompson
- Season 19 – Chayce Beckham
- Season 18 – Just Sam
- Season 17 – Laine Hardy
- Season 16 – Maddie Poppe
- Season 15 – Trent Harmon
- Season 14 – Nick Fradiani
- Season 13 – Caleb Johnson
- Season 12 – Candice Glover
- Season 11 – Phillip Phillips
- Season 10 – Scotty McCreery
- Season 9 – Lee DeWyze
- Season 8 – Kris Allen
- Season 7 – David Cook
- Season 6 – Jordin Sparks
- Season 5 – Taylor Hicks
- Season 4 – Carrie Underwood
- Season 3 – Fantasia Barrino
- Season 2 – Ruben Studdard
- Season 1 – Kelly Clarkson
American Idol Host and Coaches [Judges]
To make the program stand out from the rest, the organizer of the program will engage some panel of judges.
New season American Idol judges are Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan with Ryan Seacrest serving as host.
American Idol Registration Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements to audition for American Idol:
- You must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States or have employment authorization in the United States.
- You must be at least 15 years old.
- You are not eligible if you competed in any of the previous season of the show.
- You must accurately complete all documents provided by the Producer, any of the other Program Entities, or any other entity providing services to the Program.
- Must record and upload a 30-second video of you singing.
- Have an active mobile phone number.
- Have an active email address where you can receive messages for the audition.
Steps to Apply and Audition for American Idol
- Visit the American Idol website online using your mobile phone, tablet or computer.
- On the site, click and enter via the registration banner displayed.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll be redirected to the audition registration form which will be displayed on your screen.
- Fill in your personal details, such as your full names, date of birth, and email address.
- Click on “NEXT” as soon as you are done entering your bio data. A new page will open where you’ll have to answer some questions.
- Click on “NEXT” as soon as you are done answering the questions. A new page will open where you are to upload your singing audition (please have this ready before completing the form).
- Your audition should not be longer than 30 seconds, so choose the part of your song that best shows off your voice.
- You may upload a file up to 100MB. Supported Files to Upload: *.mov, *.flv, *.f4v, *.m4v, *.mp4, *.avi, *.mpeg, *.mpg, *.mkv, *.wmv
- No talking, only singing should be in your audition video.
- Perform the song without accompaniment, instruments or a backtrack – remember the Judges are here to listen to your singing only.
- Please do NOT upload music videos, produced singing or tracks, live performance videos in front of an audience.
- After that, click on “SUBMIT” to complete and finish your registration.
- Should your audition be successful, you will be invited to audition in person in front of the judges at a specific venue/location.
American Idol Audition Venues
American Idol audition will be held in these cities and states:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
*All locations are subject to change.
How to Win American Idol Competition
- Be confident but not overconfident
- Be prepared to answer questions thrown at you
- Be yourself at all times
- Build a social media fanbase early
- Have a powerful personality
- Practice regularly in front of a camera and small audiences
- Try as much as possible to win the heart of the coaches and audience from the first stage
When will American Idol 2023 Start?
American Idol Season 21 will premiere on ABC in February, 19th 2023.
Do well to visit this website often, so you can get updated and never miss important information.
How much is American Idol Audition?
American Idol Audition is FREE to everyone that is applying.
How to Join American Idol
To join American Idol, you simply have to fill and submit the application form online. If you are accepted, you will be contacted to come to the audition.
How do you vote for American Idol?
Fans of American Idol who are at least 13 and live in the U.S., Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands, can vote online at AmericanIdol.com/vote, in the American Idol app, or via text once the live shows begin, but prior to that, it is up to the judges.
How to watch American Idol on TV and online
American Idol is not on Netflix. Tune into the competition on ABC, or stream on Hulu or the ABC app after signing in with your TV service provider.
The American Idol competition is a yearly music competition organized for upcoming musicians and singers to showcase their talents.
If you have the talent and you are looking to take part in the show, then you can reserve your spot for an in-person virtual audition with show producers, or submit your online video.
Hope you enjoyed and learnt from this article?
Please share with your friends and fellow contestants using the social media buttons below.
Don’t fail to comment expressing your mind concerning this article.
I wish you success.