America’s Got Talent Season 18 ▷ Apply and Audition in 2023 Now!
Are you interested in knowing America’s Got Talent entry form registration portal, audition date, location and venue, requirements, application, host, judges, contestants, past winners, selection methods and the deadline to send in your application?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
One of the best rewarding talent shows in the country is America’s Got Talent.
The show auditions for the upcoming season will be declared soon on the official site of the show.
Those contestants who want to take part in this audition should register through the official site.
So, to know the correct steps to make, ensure to take your time and read this article to the end.
About America’s Got Talent
America’s Got Talent is a popular talent show which features singers, dancers, magicians, comedians, and other performers of everyone age groups competitor for the advertised top prize of one million dollars.
America’s Got Talent Winners
- Season 1 (2006) – Bianca Ryan
- Season 2 (2007) – Terry Fator
- Season 3 (2008) – Neal E. Boyd
- Season 4 (2009) – Kevin Skinner
- Season 5 (2010) – Michael Grimm
- Season 6 (2011) – Landau Eugene Murphy
- Season 7 (2012) – Olate Dogs
- Season 8 (2013) – Kenichi Ebina
- Season 9 (2014) – Matt Franco
- Season 10 (2015) – Paul Zerdin
- Season 11 (2016) – Grace VanderWaal
- Season 12 (2017) – Darci Lynne
- Season 13 (2018) – Shin Lim
- Season 14 (2019) – Kodi Lee
- Season 15 (2020) – Brandon Leake
- Season 16 (2021) – Dustin Tavella
- Season 17 (2022) – The Mayyas
America’s Got Talent Host and Coaches [Judges]
To make the program stand out from the rest, the organizer of the program will engage some panel of judges.
America’s Got Talent Season 18 judges are Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum, and Simon Cowell with Terry Crews serving as host.
America’s Got Talent Audition Cities
America’s Got Talent audition will take place in these cities:
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Diego
America’s Got Talent Registration Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements to audition for America’s Got Talent:
- All participants for the show should be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States of America (USA).
- The contestant should have a current Employment Authorization Card (EAD).
- The participant’s mental and physical level should be well and good.
- Participant should have no criminal background.
Steps to Apply for America’s Got Talent
You can apply for America’s Got Talent online and audition from your very own living room.
Here is how you can apply:
Step 1: Register Online
- To apply for the audition, the first step is to know and choose the city date and day of their audition.
- The participant gets up to 90 sec to perform, so you must start preparing for your performance early.
- Sign up at agtauditions.com for virtual open calls.
Step 2: Arrive at the Venue
- You must visit the audition venue; and look for a member of AGT staff who will provide you with two important items which are wristband and an audition number.
- That audition number will decide the order that you will audition.
Step 3: Check-In
- The next registration step is the check-in-desk.
- It is here you shall have to submit your paperwork and show your original ID.
- All contestants must have to fill out the paperwork, and it is available on the official website, read it over carefully, and fill it out at home according to your details, then the outer surface on the street.
- Those participants who are coming without their parents, guardians, require filling out a special form.
- If you fill the form, review your form and submit to the official.
Step 4: Show Us Your Talent
- After showing and submitting your ID to the official desk team at their check-in desk, you shall be headed to the holding/rehearsal room and wait until an audition room opens up.
- When your turn reaches, the team members will call your audition number.
When will America’s Got Talent 2023 Start?
America’s Got Talent Season 18 will premiere on May 30th, 2023 at 8/7c on NBC and the next day on Peacock.
Do well to visit this website often, so you can get updated and never miss important information.
Audition Tips and Advice
- Contestant must shoot your video in a bright/well-lit setting.
- Contestants should not use auto-tune apps like Smule or StarMaker.
- Contestants should not submit Google Drive links, Dropbox links, iCloud links or links to Instagram videos.
- Before submission, check your video and make sure the audio can be heard clearly.
- Keep it short– a 2-minute video should do the trick!
- Contestants are welcome to sing with a backing track as long as your voice can be heard clearly.
- All contestants should not submit a highly edited video, sizzle reel, or video with highly processed vocals.
- Please be sure to follow all of your current local government regulations and restrictions relating to the Coronavirus disease, Covid-19, when preparing and submitting any audition materials.
- If you are a group, you can send an older video or get together and collaborate online and send us a clip.
- If you created an account last season, you will need to create a new one for the new season.
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent should submit on your behalf.
- Be original.
- Don’t be boring.
- Stand out from the crowd.
- Be fearless.
- Dress to impress. Come with the outfit you want to wear on TV. It doesn’t hurt to wear something you’re comfortable in, but will also let you stand out in the crowd.
Tips for Variety Acts
- Make sure you plan an act that would work on a stage in a theater filled with 1,000 people or more.
- If you have any acts that cannot be performed in the audition room, please submit a video or video link of your act before the audition. This can be uploaded by logging into your Performer Profile.
- It’s always a good idea to have ideas of what you would perform for future rounds of the show if you are chosen to perform for the celebrity judges.
- Sometimes the Producers will ask you what you have in store for the future and it’s better to be prepared.
Tips for Dancers
- It is best if you perform to one or two songs for your audition rather than a mix or medley of songs which can be hard to clear for television.
- Make sure your choreography is tight and you bring lots of energy. Incorporating tricks and new choreography is always a great way to stand out to the producers and judges.
- A good way to show your personality and unique style is through your wardrobe/costume.
- If you are a sizeable group, it’s always a good idea to dress in your team uniform or another fun costume.
- Please bring your music on a smartphone/tablet or any other device that can be plugged in via an auxiliary cord.
- Please make sure the music is NOT streaming from the internet on your device because there have been issues with internet connectivity at some venues. Download the music onto your device.
Tips for Singers
- You want to shine at your audition. You should have a verse and chorus prepared, so please start off with your strongest.
- Remember that you can choose any part of the song to perform, so pick the part that best shows off your vocals.
- There are NO microphones in the audition rooms – the producers are only a few feet away from you.
- Please have a cover song prepared as well if you choose to sing an original. Most singing auditions are acapella but it’s a good idea to bring a backing track should the producer request to hear you singing with a track.
- Please make sure you make your performance your own. AGT wants you to stand out. Maybe it’s your unique take on a well-known song.
- It is always a good idea to have more than one song prepared, especially a few different genres or styles.
- Each audition is only 90 seconds, but the Producer can stop you. But if a producer asks to hear another song, it is good to be prepared.
Everything you need to know about Online Auditions.
Do I need to audition in person if I sent in a video of my act?
If you have submitted a video on the site, you do not have to come to an Open Call Audition.
However, you can still attend a Virtual Open Call audition if your schedule allows. It can be helpful for the Producers to e-meet you face-to-face.
If you are planning on attending a virtual open audition, also send us a video. That way, the Producers can become familiar with your act before seeing you.
Did you receive the video I submitted? When will I hear about my video?
Because of the large volume of submissions, AGT cannot acknowledge receipt of individual videos that were submitted to the show. Every video received is reviewed, but ONLY if you have been selected to participate in the show, will a producer call you to schedule your appearance for the next round of the competition.
Are my chances the same if I don’t come to an open call and just submit a video?
The Producers enjoy meeting the acts in person. It is sometimes hard to evaluate a performer’s personality and stage presence on video. It is also a chance for producers to talk with the acts and ask questions.
However, AGT finds many acts from the video submission process — so if you cannot attend one of the open calls, you are urged to send in a video of your audition.
I Get an Error Message When I Try to Register
This happens when a user is already registered with their email address but tries to register again.
Simply enter the system using the Sign-In window instead of Register.
You can also check out the website help page to contact the technical support staff with issues or problems.
I am Getting an Error Message when I Try to Sign in
This can happen for two reasons:
- If you did not log in using Facebook, you may have forgotten your password. Simply click on Forgot my password and a new password will be sent to your email address.
- You may have used a different email address or made a mistake while typing it when first registering to the system. In such a case, contact support and provide your name and Applicant ID.
Can you use my footage of last year’s audition or the video I sent in last year as my audition?
Each season you must re-submit your video or audition in a city to be considered for the show.
I am trying to Upload Photos but I Get an Error or Having Issues
Photo upload is limited to 2MB per image. Please check the file size and reduce it if necessary.
Supported formats are common image formats: JPG, GIF or PNG. Please verify that the images you upload are in one of these formats.
Any browser should work, but using Google Chrome is recommended if you encounter any browser issues.
How do I register for a virtual open call audition?
Due to safety regulations and restrictions relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, in person open call auditions for Season 18 of America’s Got Talent won’t be conducted.
But not to worry, you will still be able to have the chance to have your talent seen by producers by attending a virtual open call audition (“Virtual Audition”), from the safety of your own home, through Zoom Video Communications.
I registered for a virtual audition. What’s next?
Once you successfully registered for an audition date and time, you are confirmed.
You can find all the information about your audition by signing into your Performer Profile.
Please add this email, “email@example.com” to your address book to ensure that any emails from us do not end up in your spam or junk mail folders.
A confirmation email will be sent when you register, and closer to the audition day, you’ll be sent a link to enter the Virtual Auditions.
Consider this email to your ticket! You can request to resend the email with the link by signing into your Performer Profile.
I selected a check in time. Is that the exact time of my audition?
You may have selected a time when you signed up, however this is NOT your audition time.
AGT use these times to help regulate all participants.
You will be auditioned on a “first come – first seen” basis. However, to decrease wait times for you and all the other performers, please try to come at around the time you selected.
If I did not register online, can I still audition?
Auditions are open to anyone, any age, and any talent as long as all eligibility requirements are met.
You’re asked to you sign up on our website so we know you will attend and can send you the link to enter the Virtual Audition.
By registering online, you will complete the required forms in advance and also receive the most up-to-date information about your audition date.
AGT wants to make sure your audition day goes as smoothly as possible. If you arrive via a link that was sent to you and have not registered, one of the staff will walk you through the registration process.
Can I be a contestant if I am not a US citizen?
Everyone is welcome to audition for America’s Got Talent, no matter where in the world you call home!
To audition on stage for the judges, all performers must be a United States citizen, legal permanent resident of the United States, possess a current employment authorization card (EAD card) or be in the United States legally at the time of their audition.
What equipment do I need to participate?
You will need a computer, phone or tablet with an internet connection capable of running the Zoom software.
Data rates may apply for downloading and using Zoom, including the duration of your audition and any waiting time on your Virtual Audition date.
Do I need a zoom account to participate?
If you have a laptop or a desktop computer, you do not need to download the Zoom Software.
If you are planning to audition on a mobile phone or tablet, you will need to download the Zoom app (www.zoom.us).
You can find this application in the Apple Store or Google Play Store and set up a free account.
If you are under 16, a parent or legal guardian should download and register for Zoom.
I am under 18. Can I participate in the virtual auditions?
Yes, anyone of any age is welcome to participate in the Virtual Auditions. If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian, 21 years of age or older, MUST be with you at all times, including in the room during your Virtual Audition.
Where should I set up for my virtual audition?
While it is not required, for the health and safety of all performers, AGT asks that you audition from your home, in a room of your choice, or in your own backyard, but preferably where you have a strong internet connection.
Please be sure you have removed any artwork, photos, or other decorations from the walls in the background so they are not seen on camera.
No matter the location you select for your Virtual Audition, please be sure you are following all local orders, regulations, and restrictions relating to the COVID-19 pandemic.
I registered for a date, but I can no longer make it. What should I do?
If you have a conflict, the entire day of auditions (including all audition hours – typically 9am to 6pm), and cannot attend your audition, you can submit an online audition that will be reviewed by a producer or you can choose to audition on a different date.
Sign into your Performer Profile to upload a video or change the date of your Virtual Open Call Audition, if dates remain available.
I am part of a group; how should we register?
Due to health and safety concerns relating to the COVID-19 global pandemic, groups of any size gathering for a Virtual Audition are strongly discouraged.
Groups are recommended to submit a pre-existing video online instead of gathering for a live Virtual Audition.
When you submit your online audition, only ONE member should register on behalf of the group.
This is because your group only needs one Performer Profile in the AGT system.
How early can I sign in for the virtual audition? When should I click my virtual audition link for my audition?
Please click your Virtual Audition link as close to the time you selected as possible. Doing so will help ensure wait times for you and all other acts remain manageable.
There are no negative ramifications for showing up early, but AGT wants to make sure you do not miss your Virtual Audition by showing up too late!
When you register for a Virtual Audition, you will select an audition date and window of time.
You can click the Virtual Audition Link at the start of your Virtual Audition time window if you registered for a time window that day.
You will then be in an online waiting room until you are admitted into the Virtual Audition room, where you will see one or more producers for whom you will audition.
Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that you will be admitted for a Virtual Audition room whether or not you have registered.
Producers reserve the right to audition people out of order of their scheduled time.
What happens if I am late for my virtual audition?
The “virtual doors” is planned to open around 9am and close at 6pm Pacific Time. Hours will vary from date to date.
Should you miss the arrival time you selected, you are still more than welcome to enter the Virtual Auditions, provided it is within audition hours. Auditions are “first come, first seen.”
How long will I be waiting to audition?
Producers will do their best to get to each performer during their scheduled time slot, but you should plan to keep the entire day open in case of technical issues or other delays.
Will I be auditioning for the America’s Got Talent Judges?
You will not be performing for America’s Got Talent celebrity judges for the Virtual Auditions.
The Virtual Auditions are with one or more of the America’s Got Talent Producers.
Can I use an instrument for my virtual audition?
Yes. If you are playing an instrument, you should have it ready to go when you enter the Virtual Audition.
If you are playing an instrument but also have a track accompanying you, that is fine.
My act includes original material, is that allowed?
Yes, it is up to you whether you perform original material or a cover, if you are singing.
It’s recommended you choose a popular, known song, but it is ultimately your decision what you decide to perform.
Do you charge for the auditions?
All auditions for America’s Got Talent are free. You just need an internet connection and a device with a camera and microphone capable of running Zoom.
There is no charge for any audition. Avoid anyone who approaches you trying to buy or sell access to any audition.
What happens after my virtual audition?
After you perform, you may be asked some follow-up questions by producers.
After you perform, the Virtual Audition will be concluded and you should select “Leave Meeting” and close your Virtual Audition.
Acts selected to move forward in the competition will be notified later.
Will there be in person open call auditions for AGT this year?
Unfortunately, there will not be any in-person open call auditions this season.
LIVE Virtual Auditions will only be hosted to keep YOU and the AGT team as safe as possible.
READ ⇒ 12 New Life-Changing Secrets to Become Super Successful
Applying and becoming a contestant for America’s Got Talent comes with a lot of benefits, especially if you’re unique and talented.
This is the only competition show that is open to ANY age and ANY talent who can do ANYTHING!
AGT are calling ALL talented and entertaining Americans, young and old, from every corner of the nation to apply for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to show us your act!
Hope you enjoyed and learnt from this article?
Please share with your friends and fellow contestants using the social media buttons below.
Don’t fail to comment expressing your mind concerning this article.
I wish you success.
we from Africa , we would love to register for AGT audition
Hi my name is Daniel
I’m 14 years old
My parents leave abroad
But I leave in Nigeria
I want to enter for Americans got talent because I want to showcase my talent to the world 🌎 though I live in Nigeria I still have passion and love America my parents stays in London Manchester I love America I love want to use the money for my parents and grandma in Nigeria who has been taking care of me since childhood I hope I enter though I no I will cause I love and know mi God jehovah
My name is comfort, I love to sing, I am from Zambia but I don’t have any money to come to America and show my talent 😩
I will like to showcase my singing talent.
I am ready
I am honestly ready.
I’m 14 years old and I live in Nigeria, I would love to participate in in the AGT 2023 you can contact me: 08038548165.
I love American go talent
I will really be glad if AGT accepts me to participate in the show
I love america got talent
I am Michael from Uganda.
I love got talent and I am talented in singing.
If am given chance, I will be the most proud getleman ever.
Will AGT notify me if not selected after my virtual audition. I dont want to hold out for hope.
Hi my name is joy, I am 13 years old, I from Nigeria I love to sing in AGT