Are you interested in knowing FIRS recruitment process, job vacancies starting and closing date, positions, careers, opportunities, employment, freshers, internship and graduate trainee program, salary, and online application form portal?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
Ensure to take your time and read this article to the end if you’re really serious about achieving your dream and career goal this year.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service
FIRS has since witnessed organizational restructuring, the enactment of a National Tax Policy, improved funding, legislation, stronger taxpayer education, dispute resolution mechanism, taxpayer registration and introducing the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), human capacity building, automation of key process, refund mechanism, attention to Double Taxation Agreements (DTA) and the automation of the operations of the service.
The need to develop the non-oil tax as a sustainable source of funding for national development also gained momentum.
By 2016 and in collaboration with other agencies like CAC, CBN, OAGF and JTB had registered 814,000 new corporate taxpayers.
By mid-2018, it had, working with the State Internal Revenue Service pushed the National Tax Roll to about 19 million.
Other key achievements from 2015 to date include:
- Developed and deployed 6 e-solutions to ease tax payment and make payment of taxes easy, convenient anytime, anywhere, 24/7. Taxpayers are also allowed to file in the FIRS offices nearest to them.
- Extended automation of VAT-Auto collect from Aviation to other key sectors like, Oil and Gas, Banks and the Financial institutions, Telecommunication, Power and the tourism sectors.
- Implemented a tax amnesty programme that waived interest and penalty of defaulting taxpayers which netted N68 billion.
- Co-implemented the Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration Scheme, VAIDS, co-initiated with the Federal Ministry of Finance and received over 5000 applications under the Scheme. It resulted in a voluntary declaration of over N92 billion liabilities with over N34.63 billion paid so far by companies.
- Strengthened the tax audit function of FIRS that led to the recovery of over N35.65 billion;
- Improved 22% on the collection of 2016(N3.3trillion) by collecting N4.03 trillion in 2017 even with the crude oil price hovering at an average of $50 per barrel. By August 2018, FIRS has collected N1 trillion above its 2017 collection. By October 2018, FIRS has collected N4. 3 trillion.
- Received several awards, including the African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF) adjudged FIRS online Stamp Duty portal as the Best Innovation in Tax Administration on the African continent in 2016.
- In 2016, the FIRS Chairman was named as ATAF Chairman in 2016. He was re-elected ATAF Chairman in 2018.
- In 2017, Fowler’s contributions to tax administration and development contributed to his appointment by the United Nations as a member of the International Committee of Tax Experts. The Executive Chairman, FIRS is the committee’s first Vice-Chairman.
Study Courses for FIRS Job
To work in FIRS, these are the best courses to study:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Public Administration
Benefits of Working in FIRS
- Learn new skills, including digital, persuasive communication, leadership, administrative, technical and social skills.
- Paid vacation and holidays, parental and maternity leave, free health and dental care, room for personal development.
- Get a regular paycheck or salary credited in your account every month.
- You will learn from being around people with unique skills, diverse backgrounds, and levels of experience who will share what they know.
FIRS Salary Structure
FIRS treats all its employees with respect and dignity, and promotes diversity in the workplace.
The lowest worker job at FIRS earns at least ₦65,000 monthly.
FIRS recruitment portal is currently open for application.
Candidates interested in applying for the FIRS recruitment can do so via the online portal.
The recruitment process is free and FIRS only accepts job applications through the Careers website.
FIRS never seek fees from job applicants under any circumstances.
Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job.
If you receive a job offer you believe is fraudulent, contact your local law enforcement agency.
To apply and get a job with FIRS, visit the online recruitment portal.
After the application, it will take about 1 – 3 weeks to get hired for work in FIRS.
FIRS Recruitment Process
The following outlines process and tips on how to best showcase your talent and experience.
- Apply Online
- Job Offer
- Background Check
FIRS Recruitment Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements for FIRS job:
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit.
- Applicants must present a valid I.D card.
- Decent verbal and written communication.
- Must hold a degree in related study courses from an esteemed university.
- Must not have any criminal record as at the time of the application.
- Not older than 35 years old.
- Have fair knowledge of how the Nigerian tax system works.
FIRS Job Application Tips
After browsing the job descriptions and ensuring you meet the requirements, experience and qualifications for the position, here are some tips to help you with the application process.
1. Be Curious About the Service
Be curious about the organization and read about the culture, missions, values, and growth behaviors.
2. Completing the Application
You can also use your LinkedIn profile or resume/CV to preload the online application.
Just update the fields with relevant experience for the job you are applying for.
If you know someone within FIRS who could provide you a referral, contact them with the requisition number on the job description and they can process the referral in the system.
4. Follow Online
After completing the application, follow FIRS social media pages to keep up to date on job openings.
FIRS Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
The FIRS job shortlisted candidates will be notified shortly after the application process.
To stay updated regarding the FIRS recruitment, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
I wish you success in your job application.