Do you want to know about Ghana ZIP and postal codes?
If YES, then this is the only post to read today.
ZIP Codes for Ghana
The ZIP code is essential in ensuring all your mail and other services are delivered successfully.
But unfortunately, certain parts of the country lack this unique code.
That shouldn’t be a problem for you if you live in one of these areas because there are other ways to ensure you have access to unique services and mail without using a ZIP code.
For example, if you live in Ghana, you can successfully use GhanaPostGPS in the absence of the Ghana ZIP code.
This GhanaPostGPS will ensure all services are run successfully and efficiently.
What is GhanaPostGPS?
GhanaPostGPS is a smartphone application and a web commonly used by Ghanaians or those living in Ghana to gain easy access to many services.
Addresses generated are unique to each individual and have 11 unique alphanumeric characters.
The characters normally reflect your region, district, and postcode.
This application is developed by Vokacom and is normally sponsored by the Ghanaian government.
This digital addressing system divides Ghana into 5m x 5m squares and assigns each square a unique address for easy identification.
What is the use of GhanaPostGPS?
- The Ghanaian government uses GhanaPostGPS in implementing government policies.
- It is also required to get a Ghana National Identification Card and other services.
- Security agencies use this application to control crime rates.
- It is used for easy property navigation.
- It provides a means for making door-to-door delivery easier.
- It is a means of easily delivering governmental services and contracts.
- It serves as a fast means to get emergency help.
- It is used by governmental staff for the creation of new businesses.
- Revenue-generating bodies use it for revenue collection.
- It serves to access loans from banks by small business owners.
How to Install GhanaPostGPS
- Download GhanaPostGPS from the Google Play Store if you are an Android user. For people using the iPhone, the app can easily be downloaded on the App Store.
- Type GhanaPostGPS on your Search bar and press the search button.
- A variety of GhanaPostGPS will be displayed on your screen.
- Ensure you download the correct app.
- After downloading, install the app on your phone and open the app to ensure it is properly downloaded.
- Launch the app and register your address.
How to Generate Address on GhanaPostGPS
After downloading the app, the next step is to generate your unique address.
Steps to follow in developing your address include:
- Ensure your phone location is on.
- Open the app and click on the register button.
- Your address will appear close to your digital address.
- Save the address on your google note or copy it and keep it somewhere safe for feature usage.
How to Save the Digital Address for Future References
You can easily save your location for future reference by following these steps:
Type in the address and click on the search button.
After seeing the full details of the address displayed, click on save location.
Clicking the save location button will automatically help you save the address. It normally saves addresses in the address book.
Check the address book to ensure everything works out smoothly.
How to Know Your Address After Changing Location
You don’t need to worry about changing addresses each time you move from one area to another.
GhanaPostGPS has already taken care of that.
Every location in Ghana has a unique digital address automatically assigned, irrespective of who is the resident of that area.
So, whenever you change location, open your app and generate the address of your new site.
How to Use GhanaPostGPS to Find Landmarks
Another advantage of using GhanaPostGPS is that you can easily find the desired landmarks.
This can quickly be done in a series of 4 steps.
- Start by typing the name of the landmark you are searching for into the search tab.
- Choose your desired option from the variety of viable options usually displayed through a drop.
- Click on the landmarks you are searching for.
- Wait for some minutes for the address to be automatically generated.
- After the address is generated, you can decide to save it.
Ghana has a unique smartphone application called the GhanaPostGPS, which is used in place of ZIP codes.
These applications are easy to download and operate within the vicinity of Ghana.
One advantage of using this app is that you don’t need to worry about generating a new address each time you are in a new place because all locations in Ghana are assigned unique addresses.
GhanaPostGPS has many advantages, such as enabling security agencies to control the crime rate, easy revenue generation, new business creation, easy navigation, and lots more.
Whenever you are given any postcode, know that the first number represents your region, while the following two numbers represent your district.