Are you interested in knowing INEC recruitment process, job vacancies starting and closing date, positions, careers, opportunities, employment, freshers, internship and graduate trainee program, salary, and online application form portal?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
Ensure to take your time and read this article to the end if you’re really serious about achieving your dream and career goal this year.
Independent National Electoral Commission
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to organize elections into various political offices in the country.
The functions of INEC as contained in Section 15, Part 1 of the Third Schedule of the 1999 Constitution (As Amended) and Section 2 of the Electoral Act 2010 (As Amended) include:
- Organize, undertake and supervise all elections to the offices of the President and Vice-President, the Governor and Deputy Governor of a State, and to the membership of the Senate, the House of Representatives and the House of Assembly of each state of the federation.
- Register political parties under the constitution and Act of the National Assembly.
- Monitor the organization and operation of the political parties, including their finances; conventions, congresses, and party primaries.
- Arrange for the annual examination and auditing of the funds and accounts of political parties, and publish a report on such examination and audit for public information.
- Arrange and conduct the registration of persons qualified to vote and prepare, maintain, and revise the register of voters for any election under this constitution.
- Monitor political campaigns and provide rules and regulations which shall govern the political parties.
- Conduct voter and civic education.
- Promote knowledge of sound democratic election processes.
- Conduct any referendum required to be conducted under the provision of the 1999 Constitution or any other law or Act of the National Assembly.
The mission of INEC is to serve as an independent and effective EMB committed to the conduct of free, fair and credible elections for sustainable democracy in Nigeria.
The vision of INEC is to be one of the best Election Management Bodies (EMB) in the world that meets the aspirations of the Nigerian people.
INEC shall be guided by these values in performing its duties:
- Autonomy: INEC shall carry out all its functions independently, free from external control and influence.
- Transparency: INEC shall display openness and transparency in all its activities and in its relationship with all stakeholders.
- Integrity: INEC shall maintain truthfulness and honesty in all its dealings at all times
- Credibility: INEC shall ensure that no action or activity is taken to support any candidate or political party.
- Impartiality: INEC shall ensure the creation of fair competition for all political actors.
- Dedication: INEC shall be committed to providing quality electoral services efficiently and effectively, guided by best international practice and standards
- Equity: INEC shall ensure fairness and justice in dealing with all stakeholders.
- Excellence: INEC shall be committed to the promotion of merit and professionalism as the basis for all its actions.
- Team work: INEC shall create a conducive environment that promotes teamwork among its staff at all levels.
Study Courses for INEC Job
To work in INEC, these are the best courses to study:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Mass Communication
- Public Administration
Benefits of Working in INEC
- Learn new skills, including digital, persuasive communication, leadership, administrative, technical and social skills.
- Parental and maternity leave.
- Free health and dental care.
- Room for personal development.
- Get a regular paycheck credited in your account every month.
- You will learn from being around people with unique skills, diverse backgrounds, and levels of experience who will share what they know.
INEC Salary Structure
INEC treats all its employees with respect and dignity, and promotes diversity in the workplace.
The lowest worker at INEC earns at least ₦71,500 monthly.
INEC recruitment process is free, and the portal for application is currently open.
INEC never seeks fees from job applicants under any circumstances.
Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job.
If you receive a job offer you believe is fraudulent, contact your local law enforcement agency.
To apply and get a job with INEC, visit the online recruitment portal.
After the application, it will take about 1 – 3 weeks to get hired for work at INEC.
INEC Recruitment Process
The following outlines process and tips on how to best showcase your talent and experience.
- Apply Online
- Job Offer
- Background Check
INEC Recruitment Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements for INEC job:
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit.
- Applicants must present a valid I.D card.
- Decent verbal and written communication.
- Must hold a degree in related study courses from an esteemed university.
- Must not have any criminal record as at the time of the application.
- Not older than 35 years old.
INEC Job Application Tips
After browsing the job descriptions and ensuring you meet the requirements, experience and qualifications for the position, here are some tips to help you with the application process.
1. Be Curious About the Commission
Be curious about the commission and read about the culture, missions, values, and growth behaviors.
2. Completing the Application
You can also use your LinkedIn profile or resume/CV to preload the online application.
Just update the fields with relevant experience for the job you are applying for.
If you know someone within INEC who could provide you a referral, contact them with the requisition number on the job description and they can process the referral in the system.
4. Follow Online
After completing the application, follow the commission social media pages to keep up to date on job openings.
INEC Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
INEC job shortlisted candidates will be notified shortly after the application process.
To stay updated regarding the INEC recruitment, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
I wish you success in your job application.