Are you interested in knowing Nigeria Police Force recruitment process, job vacancies starting and closing date, positions, careers, opportunities, employment program with the online application form portal?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
Ensure to take your time and read this article to the end if you’re really serious about achieving your dream and career goal this year.
Nigeria Police Force
The Nigeria Police Force is the principal law enforcement agency in Nigeria.
It has staff deployment across the 36 states of the country and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The command and control of the Nigeria Police Force is under the Inspector General of Police.
For administrative ease, the Nigeria Police Force is divided into seven (7) administrative departments, viz. Finance and Administration, Operations, Logistics, Force Criminal Investigation Department, Training, Research and Planning, and Information and Communication Technology, each headed by a Deputy Inspector General of Police.
The Force is further divided into 12 operational Zonal Commands (usually comprising between two and four State Commands) and 37 State Commands, including the FCT (usually comprising Area Commands which further comprises Divisions).
While the zone is headed by an Assistant Inspector General of Police, the State Command is headed by a Commissioner of Police, the Area Command by an Assistant Commissioner of Police and the Division by any officer in the Superintendent cadre.
Nigeria Police was first established in 1820.
Duties of the Nigeria Police Force
Section 4 of the Police Acts and Regulations lists the duties of the police force to include:
- The prevention and detection of crime.
- The apprehension of offenders.
- The preservation of law and order.
- The protection of life and property.
- The due enforcement of laws and regulations with which they are directly charged.
- The performance of such military duties within and outside Nigeria as may be required of them by or under the authority of the police act or any other act.
Nigeria Police Force Departments
Here is the list of departments in the Nigeria Police Force:
- Finance and Administration
- Logistics and Supply
- Crime Investigation
- Research and Planning
- Information and Communication
- Force Secretary
- Force Intelligence Bureau
Nigeria Police Force Command (Authority) Structure
These are the ranks of the Nigeria Police Force:
- The Inspector-General of Police
- The Deputy Inspector-General of Police
- The Asst. Inspector-General of Police
- The Commissioner of Police (In-charge of contingents in a state)
- The Deputy Commissioner of Police
- The Asst. Commissioner of Police
- The Chief Superintendent of Police
- The Superintendent of Police
- The Deputy Superintendent of Police
- The Asst. Superintendent of Police
- The Inspector of Police
- Sergeant Major
Benefits of Working in Nigeria Police Force
- Learn new skills, including persuasive communication, leadership, administrative, technical and social skills.
- Parental and maternity leave.
- Room for personal development.
- Get a regular paycheck credited in your account every month.
- You will learn from being around people with unique skills, diverse backgrounds, and levels of experience who are willing to share what they know.
Nigeria Police Force Salary Structure
Nigeria Police Force treats all its employees with respect and dignity, and promotes diversity in the workplace.
The lowest worker at Nigeria Police Force earns at least ₦65,000 monthly.
Nigeria Police Force Recruitment
Explore opportunities to take your career to the next level.
Whether you are a graduate or an experienced professional, discover the impact you could make with a career at the Nigeria Police Force.
Nigeria Police Force recruitment process is free and the portal for application is currently open.
Nigeria Police Force never seeks fees from job applicants under any circumstances.
Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job.
If you receive a job offer you believe is fraudulent, contact your local law enforcement agency.
To apply and get a job with Nigeria Police Force Nigeria, visit the online recruitment portal.
After the application, it will take about 1 – 3 weeks to get hired for work in the Nigeria Police Force.
Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Process
The following is an outline of process and tips on how to best showcase your talent and experience.
- Apply Online
- Job Offer
- Background Check
Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements for Nigeria Police Force job:
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit.
- Applicants must present a valid I.D card.
- Decent verbal and written communication.
- Must hold a degree in related study courses from an esteemed university.
- Must not have any criminal record as at the time of the application.
- Not older than 35 years old.
- Must not be carrying pregnancy as at the time of recruitment.
- Must be free from any financial embarrassment.
- You must ensure you fill the Guarantors’ Form, providing reputable references.
- Having a valid National Drivers’ License is an added advantage.
Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
Nigeria Police Force job shortlisted candidates will be notified shortly after the application process.
To stay updated regarding the Nigeria Police Force recruitment, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
I wish you success in your job application.