Are you interested in knowing SA’s Got Talent entry form registration portal, audition date, location and venue, requirements, application, host, judges, contestants, past winners, selection methods and the deadline to send in your application?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
One of the best rewarding talent shows in the country is SA’s Got Talent.
The show auditions for the upcoming season will be declared soon on the official site of the show.
Those contestants who want to take part in these auditions should register through the official site.
So, to know the correct steps to make, ensure to take your time and read this article to the end.
About SA’s Got Talent
SA’s Got Talent (also known as South Africa’s Got Talent or shorten to SAGT) is a South African television show on e.tv and part of the Got Talent series.
Singers, dancers, comedians, variety acts, and other performers compete against each other for audience support and the advertised top prize of R500,000.
SA’s Got Talent Winners
- 2018: Siphokazi, a singer
- 2017: AnecNote, an acapella singing group
- 2016: Kryptonite Dance Academy, a dance team
- 2015: DJ Arch JNR, a kid DJ
- 2014: Tholwana Mohale, a singer
- 2013: Johnny Apple, a singer
- 2012: Botlhale Boikanyo, a kid poet
- 2010: James Bhemgee, a singer
- 2009: Darren Rajbal, a singer
- The auditions take place in front of the judges and a live audience in a different city across South Africa.
- At any time during the audition, the judges may show disapproval to the act by pressing a buzzer which lights that lights a red X near them. If all the judges press their buzzers, the act ends immediately.
- To advance to the second round, auditionees needed to get at least two yes votes or they would be sent home.
- After the auditions, the judges have to whittle almost 200 successful acts down to just 21.
- All the performers are called back to discover if they have progressed to the semi-finals.
- The remaining acts perform across several live semi-finals, with the two most popular acts from each semi-finals winning a position in the final.
- Unlike the American version, judges may still end a performance early with three Xs in the finals, as with the American version, the judges cannot buzz an act after the semi-finals.
- The judges are again asked to express their views on each act’s performance.
- After all acts have been performed, phone lines open for a short time.
- After the votes have been counted, the act that has polled the highest number of public votes is automatically placed in the final.
- The judges then choose between the second and third most popular acts, with the winner of that vote also gaining a place in the final. All other acts are then eliminated from the competition.
- From Season 6, the golden buzzer was added, which, if pressed, would send the contestant straight to the semi-finals.
SA’s Got Talent Host and Coaches [Judges]
To make the program exciting, the show employs a lively host and coaches who critique contestant’s performances and provide guidance through the rest of the season.
The new season of South Africa’s Got Talent will be hosted by Mo Mahlangu (aka Tol Ass Mo) and features Shado Twala, DJ Fresh and Jamie Bartlett as judges.
SA’s Got Talent Registration Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements to audition for SA’s Got Talent.
- Anyone who is a legal resident of South Africa may enter, except the employees of e.tv, Rapid Blue, Kraft Foods and their advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate families.
- Children under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Your parent or guardian must sign this application form.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each act may enter only once.
- The producers and broadcaster reserve the right to alter/cancel this event at their discretion.
- You acknowledge and agree to abide by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions governing this competition as determined by the company (the “Rules”) and that the Rules may be changed (including without limitation verbally) by the Company and that you will be bound by such Rules. The Company’s decisions shall be final.
- All personal details and/or information given in your application either in this form or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading.
- The company reserves the right to disqualify you if you have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of the terms.
- You will not, without the Company’s prior written consent, publicize or discuss with any third party any information relating to the Audition, Application, the Programme, your appearance, the production team or any participants in the Programme nor any other information which may come to your attention (including without limitation in relation to the broadcaster, the Company or otherwise) save where such information is already public knowledge.
- You must notify the Company, in advance, if you intend to perform physical and/or dangerous stunts, explaining the full nature of the stunt; use any form of equipment required as part of your act. You will be responsible for bringing such equipment (provided it is suitable for the audition location) and are responsible for ensuring that such equipment is safe and/or suitable for its purposes. Pyrotechnics are not permitted.
- You must tell us if you are using commercial music. Owing to copyright laws, you may be asked to change or re-mix your choice of music. No profanity will be tolerated.
- All singers must provide a backing track – you must provide your own backing track on a CD.
- Dancers bring your backing track on a CD.
- Poets bring a hard copy of your poem with you.
- Auditions may not feature nudity or any swear words.
- The participant’s mental and physical level should be well and good.
Steps to Apply for SA’s Got Talent
You can apply for SA’s Got Talent online and audition from your very own living room.
Here is how you can apply:
- Email email@example.com and follow the instructions that the voice behind the call will give you to apply for the auditions.
- The registered applicants will be informed regarding the date, time, and venue for their auditions.
- Provide your email address or fax number for you to receive an entry form.
- Complete the entry form before your scheduled audition and present it at the venue of the auditions.
When will SA’s Got Talent 2022 Start?
SA’s Got Talent Season 10 will premiere on SABC2 on October, 2022.
Do well to visit this website often, so you can get updated and never miss important information.
Do you charge for the auditions?
All auditions for SA’s Got Talent are FREE.
SA Got Talent has empowered many uprising South African talents.
Apply for auditions and encourage others to apply this new season because this might be the only shot at success for you.
Hope you enjoyed and learnt from this article?
Please share with your friends and fellow contestants using the social media buttons below.
Don’t fail to comment expressing your mind concerning this article.
I wish you success.