Are you interested in knowing The Voice UK Season 12 entry form registration portal, audition date, location and venue, requirements, application, judges, contestants, past winners, selection methods and the deadline to send in your application?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
One of the best singing reality shows on the British Television right now is The Voice UK.
Every year, large numbers of contestants who have a sweet and unique voice take part in the audition.
Before you can contest for this show, you would need to register and scale through the audition first.
That’s why this post was specially written for you.
At the end of this post, you will get correct guidelines that will enable you to avoid making costly mistakes and become a qualified contestant and possibly win this season’s edition.
So, ensure to take your time and read this article to the end if you’re really serious about achieving your musical dream and career in this year.
About The Voice UK
The Voice UK is a popular British television created for talented singers and broadcast on the ITV channel.
So, those candidates who have a singing ability to entertain people and judge must apply for this show.
The closing date for entries is 15th August 2022.
The Voice UK Winner Prizes
The winner of The Voice UK gets a recording contract with Polydor Records.
There is no cash prize, but, straight after the show, the winner of the Voice UK also releases their debut single as part of the prize.
Those who do well get huge media attention and are seen by top Artists and Repertoire.
The Voice UK Winners
Here are the winners in each season of The Voice UK:
- Leanne Mitchell – (2012)
- Andrea Begley – (2013)
- Jermain Jackman – (2014)
- Stevie McCrorie – (2015)
- Kevin Simm – (2016)
- Mo Adeniran – (2017)
- Ruti Olajugbagbe – (2018)
- Molly Hocking – (2019)
- Blessing Chitapa – (2020)
- Craig Eddie – (2021)
- Anthonia – (2022)
The Voice UK Host and Coaches [Judges]
The series employs a panel of four coaches who critique the artists’ performances and guide their teams of selected artists through the rest of the series.
They also compete to ensure that their act wins the competition, thus making them the winning coach.
The new season of The Voice UK will be hosted by Emma Willis and features Anne-Marie, Olly Murs, Sir Tom Jones and Will.I.Am as judges.
- This first audition stage is not shown on television.
- Solo artists and duos can take part.
- You must fill in an application form with all of your act details to secure your place.
- If you are successful in the producers’ auditions, you will go onto the blind auditions.
- This is the bit where you get to be on TV, and it’s very exciting.
- During The Voice UK’s blind auditions, the celebrity coaches sit in their chairs facing away from the stage, so they can’t see the artist during the performance.
- Should you make it to the blind auditions, you’ve come far and you stand the chance of being picked up by a label or manager (if you’re good enough).
- When a coach is impressed by what they hear and wants you in their team, they hit their red button, at which point their chair rotates and they can finally see you.
- However, if over one coach turns their chair, the contestant can choose which coach they want to work with and go on to The Voice UK’s Battles.
- Each coach pairs two of their team members to perform against each other.
- One of them will be picked to move on to the next stage of the competition.
- Coaches can steal one eliminated artist from another coach.
- Successful artists from the Battles that are on the same team are put against each other. This time, they get to pick their own songs to be performed individually.
- Like the battles, one of them proceeds to the next stage while the other is eliminated.
- The strongest artists on each coach’s team proceed to the Live Shows.
- Top artists from each team compete against each other during a live broadcast.
- The home audience votes to save one contestant on each team and the coach decides on who to save and who is eliminated until there is one artist left on each team to compete in the finals.
- During the finals, the last-talent-standing performs their original songs, one of which will be named The Voice.
The Voice UK Registration Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements to audition for The Voice UK:
- You must be at least 16 years old before applying.
- Have your birth certificate.
- You must live in the UK.
- Have valid proof of address.
- Prepare 1x song with a backing track/instrument.
- You can perform as a soloist, duet or as a trio.
- An adult must accompany applicants under 18.
- All musical styles are welcome.
- You must be physically and mentally fit for the show.
- You are not previously or currently employed by us or the Broadcaster during the past 10 (ten) years.
- You are not a live-in partner or immediate relative (i.e., mother, father, son, daughter, brother or sister) of an employee of ours or the Broadcaster or any of the ITV group of companies.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have the legal right to live in the UK.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you are entitled to work in the UK for 20 (twenty) hours per week.
- You must be able to demonstrate that if your right to live and work in the UK is only temporary that it is valid until and including 1st May, 2024.
Steps to Apply for The Voice UK Audition
- To apply, visit the official site of The Voice UK.
- Login on to that site by simply entering the asked details.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ option.
- After that form is most likely to display on your screen.
- Fill the form by entering all correct and valid details.
- Review the form and submit the registration form there.
- Then after that, wait for the audition call.
- If your form is selected, the official team calls you for the next process.
How to Win The Voice UK Competition
- Be confident but not overconfident
- Be prepared to answer questions thrown at you
- Be yourself at all times
- Build a social media fanbase early
- Have a powerful personality
- Practice regularly in front of a camera and small audiences
- Try as much as possible to win the heart of the coaches and audience from the first stage
When will The Voice UK 2023 Start?
The Voice UK Season 12 will premiere in March, 2023.
Do well to visit this website often, so you can get updated and never miss important information.
How much is The Voice UK Registration and Audition?
The Voice UK audition is FREE.
The applicants will pay all expenses relating to the auditions, including without limitation travel, subsistence, and accommodation.
How to Join The Voice UK
Before you attend The Voice UK auditions, you need to prepare 1 or 2 songs with a backing track or with a musical instrument.
Backing tracks will need to be on an electronic device. Be sure to choose carefully.
Your song choice and audition will be ‘make or break’, as you only get one shot at it per year.
After song choice and preparation, fill and submit the application form online.
When you are done applying, you will wait for a while.
You’ll be sent an email through the email address you filled during your registration on the next steps to take.
Can I audition if I am not a UK Citizen?
You do not have to be currently living in the UK. However, you must have the right to live and work in the UK in order to participate in the programme and should you win the contest in order to take up the prize.
What is the address for my Open Audition?
Venue details will be sent to you when you receive your Audition Invite.
If you have received a confirmation email, you have been registered for an Open Audition and you will receive all the details you need approximately two weeks before your audition date.
Can I change my assigned open audition day?
NO. The day you are assigned on your audition invite is the only day you can attend the Open Audition.
How long will my Open Audition be?
There will wait, so please plan to be at the Audition all day just in case.
Your Open Audition will be made as quick as possible, but please do not make any plans for the rest of the day after your audition in case there are hold-ups.
Please note that performance time with the producers may vary.
Are the Open Auditions in front of the coaches?
NO. Coaches or presenters will not be at the open auditions! The Open Auditions are with The Voice UK casting team.
There will be no coaches or presenters present.
Open Auditions will be filmed for the casting team but are unlikely to be broadcast.
Make it to the Blind Audition stage before you have a chance of appearing on the programme.
Can I bring friends and family to the audition with me?
Family, friends, managers, vocal instructors, etc. will NOT be allowed at the Open Audition.
If you are 16 or 17, one (1) parent or guardian will be allowed with you at the audition.
If you are disabled, you may bring someone along to assist you.
Can I bring friends and family to queue outside with me while I wait to Audition?
No, the venues reserve the right to prevent queues from forming. To avoid disappointment, please don’t bring them.
Is there anything else I need to bring besides my “Audition Invite”?
Your “Audition Invite” will include a link to a Release Form covering the terms of your Open Audition and a Questionnaire.
If you wish to take part in the Open Auditions, you MUST sign and bring the Release Form along with you to the Open Auditions, together with the COMPLETED Questionnaire, and your photo ID.
If you are under 18 years old at the time of your Open Audition, you MUST have the signature and a contact number from a parent or legal guardian on your Release Form confirming Parental Consent to the terms of those documents.
What ID can I bring and what if I do not have a photo ID?
Please bring your passport or photo driving license.
If you do not have a photo ID, you must bring a Birth Certificate. If you attend the audition without a form of ID, we reserve the right to ask for further proof of your identity before you can proceed through the contest.
If I am auditioning as a duo, should we register separately or together?
If you are auditioning as a duo, you only need to register once with one primary contact for you both.
When you get your “Audition Invite” emailed to you before your audition, there will be a link to a Release Form, and a Questionnaire.
Please print out 2 copies of each document and fill out one each and bring them with you to your Open Audition.
If one or both of you is/are under 18, you must get your Release Form signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Please note that if you audition as a duo, The Voice UK reserve the right to only take only one of you through to the next stage of the competition.
Will there be more audition cities announced?
At the moment, Open Auditions are only taking place in the cities listed on the Audition application page. If you want to attend, you must register and travel to one of the audition cities.
When will I receive my Audition Invite?
Approximately two weeks before your audition, you will receive an email with your Audition Invite and all the details you need.
How can I cancel my audition?
Please contact the casting team firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to cancel your audition.
What do I need to prepare for my audition?
All details regarding the Audition process will be sent to you with your Audition Invite.
I have registered my details but have not received a confirmation email?
Check your junk mail in case it is stuck and only apply once – over.
One application from the same person will be ignored.
Can I apply using my stage name?
You must apply using your legal name matching your photo ID, not your stage name.
You will use your stage name if you make it through the Blind Auditions.
If you have already applied using your stage name, you can amend your application at the registration desk when you arrive for your audition.
Which song genres/singing voices are you looking for?
The Auditions are for all singing voices and you need to sing the genre that suits you best.
Is there a list of songs that I have to sing for the audition?
No, but you must have at least two songs prepared which are well known, have charted, reflect you as an artist and obviously show off your voice. We recommend you don’t sing your own compositions.
Can I bring an instrument to the Audition?
You may bring an INSTRUMENTAL backing track on CD or iPod, or an instrument you can carry and play yourself, i.e., an acoustic guitar. A keyboard will be available at the audition venue should you need it.
What time shall I arrive for my audition?
Please only arrive at the time stated on your Audition Invite.
If you arrive early, you will be turned away and refused entry until your pre-advised time slot.
What happens if I miss my audition time?
Your time slot is the only opportunity you will have to audition for The Voice.
If you miss this time, you cannot audition and you will not be given another slot.
Is everyone who enters guaranteed an audition?
Everyone who enters is guaranteed an audition at the Open Auditions.
All Applicants will be auditioned by a vocal coach and a member of The Voice UK team.
Please remember audition time with a Casting Producer will vary.
Can I apply to audition for The Voice UK if I’ve already applied for The Voice in another country?
If your application is still pending in another country, then you cannot apply for The Voice UK.
However, if you have been rejected by another country’s ‘The Voice’, then you are free to apply for the UK version.
Can I apply if I have a manager?
Yes. However, if you have a current record label deal, you must be free to take up the prize.
You will be asked to disclose the details of any talent contract on the Questionnaire (e.g., Recording, Management, Publishing, Sponsorship or Merchandising deal) so we can ensure that it would not conflict with your participation in The Voice.
Winning a major singing competition like The Voice UK can be a fast-track route to career success.
It may be the first step toward a recording contract and national fame.
So, ensure that you make adequate preparation.
- Have the application requirements.
- Know your music genre.
- Start training your voice.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Learn stage management/performance and how to overcome stage fright.
- Learn and memorize the songs you’ll likely be performing once qualified for the blind auditions.
- When memorizing songs, ensure the songs are popular or known by the Judges.
Hope you enjoyed and learnt from this article?
Please share with your friends and fellow contestants using the social media buttons below.
Don’t fail to comment expressing your mind concerning this article.
I wish you success.