Are you interested in knowing UBEC recruitment process, job vacancies starting and closing date, positions, careers, opportunities, employment, freshers, internship and graduate trainee program, salary, and online application form portal?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
Ensure to take your time and read this article to the end if you’re really serious about achieving your dream and career goal this year.
Universal Basic Education Commission
The Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) is the Federal Governments Agency saddled with the responsibility for coordinating all aspects of the UBE programme implementation.
The Universal Basic Education (UBE) Programme was introduced in 1999 by the Federal Government of Nigeria as a reform programme aimed at providing greater access to and ensuring quality of basic education throughout Nigeria.
The UBE Programme objectives include:
- The Federal Government’s intervention shall provide assistance to the States and Local Governments in Nigeria for the purposes of uniform and qualitative basic education throughout Nigeria.
- Every Government in Nigeria shall provide free, compulsory and universal basic education for every child of primary and junior secondary school age.
- Every parent shall ensure that his/her child or ward attends and completes (a) primary school education; and (b) junior secondary school education.
- The stakeholders in education in a Local Government Area shall ensure that every parent or person who has the care and custody of a child performs the duty imposed on him/her under the Universal Basic Education Act, 2004.
- Transition from Primary to Junior Secondary School (JSS) should be automatic; as basic education terminates at the Junior Secondary School level, thus entrance examination may no longer be necessary. Emphasis will be placed on effective continuous assessment, while final examination and certification will now be done at the end of the nine-year basic education programme.
- The Secondary School system should be restructured so as to ensure that the JSS component is disarticulated from the SSS as stipulated in the National Policy on Education (NPE).
Study Courses for UBEC Job
To work in the UBEC, these are the best courses to study:
- Agric Science
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Crop Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Mass Communication
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Political Science
- Public Administration
Benefits of Working in UBEC
- Learn new skills, including digital, persuasive communication, leadership, administrative, technical and social skills.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Parental and maternity leave.
- Free health and dental care.
- Room for personal development.
- Get a regular paycheck or salary credited in your account every month.
- You will learn from being around people with unique skills, diverse backgrounds, and levels of experience who are willing to share what they know.
UBEC Salary Structure
UBEC treats all its employees with respect and dignity, and promotes diversity in the workplace.
The lowest worker job at UBEC earns at least ₦85,000 monthly.
UBEC recruitment process is free, and the portal for application is currently open.
UBEC never seeks fees from job applicants under any circumstances.
Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job.
If you receive a job offer you believe is fraudulent, contact your local law enforcement agency.
To apply and get a job with UBEC, visit the online recruitment portal.
After the application, it will take about 1 – 2 weeks to get hired for work at UBEC.
UBEC Recruitment Process
The following is an outline of process and tips on how to best showcase your talent and experience.
- Apply Online
- Job Offer
- Background Check
UBEC Recruitment Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements for the UBEC job in Nigeria:
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit.
- Applicants must present a valid I.D card.
- Decent verbal and written communication.
- Must hold a degree in related study courses from an esteemed university.
- Must not have any criminal record as at the time of the application.
- Not older than 35 years old.
UBEC Job Application Tips
After browsing the job descriptions and ensuring you meet the requirements, experience and qualifications for the position, here are some tips to help you with the application process.
1. Be Curious About the Commission
Be curious about the commission and read about the culture, missions, values and growth behaviors.
2. Completing the Application
You can also use your LinkedIn profile or resume/CV to preload the online application.
Just make sure to update the fields with relevant experience for the job you are applying for.
If you know someone within the commission who could provide you a referral, contact them with the requisition number on the job description and they can process the referral in the system.
4. Follow Online
After completing the application, follow UBEC social media pages to keep up to date on job openings and to learn more about the commission.
UBEC Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
The UBEC job shortlisted candidates will be notified shortly after the application process.
To stay updated regarding the UBEC recruitment, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
I wish you success in your job application.