Do you want to log into the UNILORIN undergraduate and postgraduate student portal for admission status, transcript, courses, post UTME, resumption date, and latest news?
If YES, then this is the only post to read.
UNILORIN Undergraduate Portal
The UNILORIN undergraduate portal is a valuable resource for students.
It provides them with a convenient way to access the information and services they need to succeed in your studies.
To access the UNILORIN student portal, first create an account.
You can do this by visiting the portal’s website and clicking on the “Create Account” link.
Once you have created an account, you will log in using your username and password.
Here are the steps on how to login to the UNILORIN student portal:
- Go to the UNILORIN student portal online.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the “Login” button.
If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the “Forgot Password” link.
You will be required to enter your email address and click on the “Submit” button.
A new password will be sent to your email address.
Once you have logged in, you will access all the services available on the portal.
Here are some services available on the UNILORIN student portal:
- View your academic records, including your grades, transcripts, and other academic information.
- Register for courses, view your registered courses, and drop courses.
- Pay your tuition fees online.
- Submit assignments and view your grades.
- View your exam results.
- Communicate with your lecturers through the portal.
- Access other services, such as the library, the health center, and the student union.
UNILORIN Undergraduate Admission Requirement
- Sit for the current Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and pick UNILORIN as your First Choice of institution.
- Have credits at SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalent in at least five (5) subjects, which must include English Language and four (4) other subjects as specified by each faculty.
- The five credits should be got in not more than two sittings.
- For Medicine and Surgery (MBBS), Nursing Science and Physiotherapy programmes, the five (5) credits (including Mathematics and English) must be got at only one sitting.
UNILORIN Admission Steps
- Visit ugadmissions.unilorin.edu.ng to fill and submit your application form.
- Take the Computer-based-Post UTME Examination online at home or anywhere convenient.
- Get your result immediately.
- Basic Clinical Sciences
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Clinical Sciences
- Communication and Information Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Management Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
To be eligible for clearance as an admitted candidate, the conditions set out by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board and the University of Ilorin must be met.
- Candidate’s admission must have been approved in the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Candidate must have accepted the offer of admission as approved by the JAMB.
UNILORIN Online Registration Procedure
Here are the online registration steps on the UNILORIN website:
1. Confirmation of Admission Status
- While on the University of Ilorin website, locate Portals, click on the Undergraduate link.
- Click on the Admission Screening Login.
- Enter your JAMB Registration Number Login ID and Surname, click login.
- Click on Check Admission Status link to confirm your admission status.
- Pay the Clearance Charge using your ATM Card within two weeks.
2. Clearance Procedure
- Upload your documents as required for admission clearance (Scratch Card/Token details for your O’ Level are required).
- Wait for confirmation of clearance before you proceed to the next stage of registration.
- Applicants who have been given admission should proceed with clearance and thereafter wait for announcements of resumption of academic session before proceeding to the departments.
3. Course Registration
- Go to your department and interact with your Level Adviser and/or HOD on the courses to be registered.
- Login to your portal and update your biodata carefully.
- Change your initial password from your surname to a confidential one.
- In case you forget your password, use the password recovery function.
- Click on course registration link to proceed with your course registration, as defined by the level adviser and/or HOD.
- Submit the filled form for the approval of your Level Adviser.
- Upon level adviser’s approval, print your preliminary course registration form and ensure correctness.
- Pay the University charges as provided in your portal.
- Failure to validate registered courses with the level advisers before payment may attract extra charges for late add/drop form to make amendment(s).
- Ensure that there is enough balance in your bank account(s).
- Upon successful payment, print receipt of payment and four copies of the final course registration form in color.
- Forward the FOUR copies of the form to your level adviser and faculty officer for signatures.
- Collect one copy as yours from the faculty office.
- Keep your copy safe as you will need it for your examinations and final clearance on graduation.
UNILORIN Postgraduate Portal
The University of Ilorin Postgraduate School coordinated all postgraduate activities in the University within the existing regulations approved by the University Senate.
The aim of the School is to respond positively to the training of postgraduate students for the much needed high-level workforce in the country.
This includes the training of students to increase the inadequate number of University teaching staff.
The school encourages multidisciplinary research and strives to achieve a high standard of research training capability.
To login to the University of Ilorin postgraduate school portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the UNILORIN postgraduate school portal.
- Enter your Registration No. / Matric No.
- Enter your Password.
- Click the Login button.
UNILORIN Postgraduate Applicants
Applicants who used referees with the University of Ilorin emails are advised to login to their portal and ensure that the earlier added University of Ilorin referee email addresses are removed and re-added.
All that is required of you to get this done seamlessly has been implemented.
You may also wish to notify your referee(s) to check their UNILORIN email address for the referee form link.
UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission Requirements and Procedure
Candidates seeking admission into any PG programme at the University of Ilorin must fulfil these requirements:
- Possess five (5) O/Level Credit pass in at least five subjects that must compulsorily include English Language and Mathematics irrespective of the course of study (Arts/Humanities or Sciences).
- NYSC discharge/exemption certificate issued not beyond September 30th of the year it bears.
- At least a Third Class Degree in a related field
- HND holders with a minimum of Upper Credit from recognized institutions may also be considered.
Master Degree Programmes
- A First Degree in any recognized university with a grade not lower than Second Class Lower Division (2:2).
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Programmes
- A Master degree from any recognized university with at least 60% or CGPA not less than 4.00 on a 5-point scale, or at least 3.50 on a 4-point scale.
Note: NYSC discharge/exemption certificate is compulsory to qualify for admission into Postgraduate Diploma and Master Programmes at the University of Ilorin.
The date of issuance of the Certificate, as approved by Senate, should not be beyond September 30th of the year admission is sought.
All applicants to the PG programme at the University must write a qualifying examination/interview, for Postgraduate Diploma and Master Degrees, or partake in an interactive/interview session for Ph.D.
Candidates that will qualify for admission into any Master degree programme must obtain not less than 55% in the qualifying examination, while those that will qualify for recommendation for Ph.D. admission must obtain not less than 60% in the interactive or interview session.
Graduates of the University of Ilorin with First Class or Second Class, Upper Division are, however, exempted from the qualifying examination for admission into Master degree programmes.
Admission for UNILORIN Postgraduate Diploma, Master and Doctoral Degree programmes is done once in a year.
Applicants are given up to six weeks to complete the online application for admission and are expected to submit printed copies of the application forms to the PG School with copies of their credentials and other supporting documents such as transcript and references, not later than 2 weeks after the closure of the online application.
Within two weeks after closure of the application exercise, the PG School screens applicants’ documents for eligibility after which it sends the documents to the various departments.