Do you wish to get the latest online JAMB registration form news, updates and guidelines on:
- Login Portal
- Registration Slip
- Requirements and Fees
- Profile Creation
- Exam Starting Date
- Closing Date
- Admission Portal
- Slip Reprinting
- Result Checking
If YES, this article is only what you need to read today.
The excellent tips in this article will enable you to avoid making costly mistakes, get good exam score and easy admission this year.
So, ensure to read to the end.
Moving further, it is very important for you to know more about JAMB, especially if you’re writing the examination for the first time this year.
Here we go!
What is JAMB?
Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions in charge of organizing unified examinations for students into any tertiary institution in Nigeria called UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination).
Aside from this exam, candidates also have to get the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), or its equivalent, National Examination Council (NECO).
Is JAMB the same as UTME?
JAMB has both UTME and Direct Entry.
JAMB UTME is for secondary school leavers and those who need admission to 100 Level or ND Programme in Nigeria.
JAMB Direct Entry is for admission directly into 200 Level and is for those who already have ND, HND, JUPEB, IJMB, or other A-Level programs certificates.
JAMB 2023 Exam Details, Registration and Latest News
- Exam is purely computer-based
- National Identification Number (NIN) will be used for the JAMB Profile
- Booking an appointment online before visiting JAMB Office
- Approval of more JAMB CBT Centres (Over 737 Centres)
- 60 English Questions and 40 Questions from other Subjects
- CBT Exam will take 14 days (2 weeks) to complete
- There will be CCTV cameras in all the JAMB CBT Centres
- Reprinting of JAMB slip for exam date, time and venue will be done 7 days to the exam
The JAMB management has announced that online registration for candidates begins 14th January, 2023.
Direct entry registration starts January 20th, 2023.
JAMB CBT starts 29th April 2023, and ends on 12th May 2023.
All candidates who seek admission into Nigeria’s Federal, State and Private Universities and Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and other specialized institutions should take note.
The examination is slated to hold at the candidate’s chosen examination centre on dates that will be announced.
Candidates will be required to reprint their JAMB slip to know their exact examination date and centres.
How Much is JAMB UTME Registration Fees for 2023?
Candidates will pay ₦3,500 to register for JAMB UTME in 2023.
Additional Five Hundred (₦500) Naira only is paid to get the reading text “The Life Changer” by Khadija Abubakar Jali.
Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) is regulated and charged for CBT Centre service charge and $20 is the application fee for candidates from the eight foreign centres.
A CD containing JAMB eSyllabus, eBrochure and other vital materials is also given for free.
|Service Charge for Registration||700|
How to Register for JAMB in 2023
Here are the steps to register for JAMB UTME:
- Use your own phone number
- Enroll NIN For JAMB
- Create a JAMB profile (If you don’t have one already)
- Buy JAMB E-Pin
- Visit an approved JAMB centre to fill and complete the online registration form
- Fill the JAMB form and ten fingers biometric
- Collect your JAMB registration slip
JAMB Registration can only be done at the centres listed on the site and pasted at JAMB offices in each state capital.
Anybody who registers outside these centres does so at his/her risk.
Every candidate is to note that the 1st choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovation Enterprise Institution, Polytechnic, Nigerian Defence Academy or the Police Academy.
Any centre that asks for more than your profile code, email address and JAMB registration number is a fraudster.
Do not give any password.
Nobody, including parents/guardians or any proxy, may transact any business on any candidate’s profile.
Any candidate who makes his password, profile code or other security codes available to another person (parents, friends, tutorial teachers, officials, fraudsters etc.) is liable for any alteration by such person(s).
Documents after JAMB Registration
You should expect to receive these materials after a successful JAMB registration:
- JAMB Recommended Novel for Use of English.
- A CD containing JAMB e-brochure and Syllabus.
- A Video message from JAMB Registrar.
- e-slip as evidence of successful registration.
Accredited JAMB Registration Centers
Registration for JAMB can be done on the website or in accredited centers.
All interested candidates should note that they can easily access the Board’s website on www.jamb.org.ng for registration using the registration scratch card.
At the end of registration, the CBT centers or JAMB state office will give you the prescribed reading text and the CD.
Make sure you collect them before leaving the registration center.
How Many Subjects to Register for JAMB?
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) offers 23 subjects and the Use of English is compulsory.
You can only register four (4) subjects in JAMB irrespective of the course you wish to study and since English is compulsory, you can only choose 3 subjects out of the 23 total subjects.
JAMB subject combination is determined by the course you wish to study at the University, Polytechnic or College of Education.
The 23 JAMB Total Subjects
According to JAMB Syllabus, these are the subjects JAMB offers:
- Christian Religious Studies
- Home Economics
- Islamic Studies
- Literature in English
- Principles of Accounts
- Use of English
How to Create a JAMB Profile in 2023
JAMB Profile is a JAMB account candidates must create before registering JAMB UTME or Direct Entry, check JAMB result, print original result slip, accept JAMB Caps admission status and correct errors on JAMB portal.
How to Create a JAMB Profile using NIN
- Type NIN then space, enter your 11-digit NIN number and send to 55019.
- Open Text Message and Type NIN and your NIN number.
- Send the message to 55019 at the rate of ₦50. In simple language, Send NIN 00123456789 to 55019 to create your JAMB profile.
- Replace 00123456789 with the numbers in your NIN slip.
- After sending NIN and Number to 55019, you will get the following message… Your request has been received and is being processed. You will get a response shortly. The service will cost you #50.
- After the message above, wait for your JAMB profile code.
You will either get it immediately or after some hours or days.
After getting the Profile Code, the next thing is to purchase an E-PIN.
You may also be told that your NIN has already been registered with a GSM number.
Here, confirm that the number is your own and use it to send NIN to 55019.
USSD Code to Create JAMB Profile
- JAMB Profile USSD Code is *55019*1*NIN#
- Dial *55019*1*00123456789#
- Replace 00123456789 with your NIN Number
Use the USSD method of creating a JAMB profile only if the SMS method doesn’t work for you.
If you are getting an Invalid Format or Failed to Verify NIN, then this guide will be of help to you.
- NIN must be length = 11
- Make sure your NIN is correctly linked with your number
- You can use any SIM Card So long it is registered with your name
- Do not use Sim registered with another name
- Make sure the NIN Name Matches the name on your SIM Card
- Ensure to have N100 or above airtime on your phone
- Make sure you Typed the Correct NIN Number
How to Avoid SMS Issues when Creating a JAMB Profile
- Don’t add a comma between NIN and NIN Number.
- Don’t add space after your NIN Number
- 50 Naira will be deducted from your SIM. Make sure you have above ₦50 airtime on your mobile phone before sending the SMS.
- One phone number can be used by one candidate only. Don’t share the same number with your brother or sister. They should get their own sim and send their own message.
- Make sure your phone number is linked with NIN before you send NIN to 55019.
- Don’t use your friends, dad, mom or siblings phone number.
How to Login Your JAMB Profile in 2023
Here are the steps to access your JAMB profile without issues:
- Visit JAMB official portal.
- Enter your email address (Email in your JAMB slip).
- Enter the password given to you at the approved CBT center.
- If you have forgotten your password, then click on the forgot password tab.
- Click Login to access your JAMB profile dashboard.
How to Retrieve Your JAMB Email Password
If you have forgotten your mail password, click on RESET/FORGOT PASSWORD on the login page.
This step will help you reset your password to a desired one.
If you cannot login to the email used for your JAMB profile, maybe you didn’t enter the correct email and password.
Check that your information is correct and try again.
Ways to Correct Mistakes Made in JAMB Profile
Most of the mistakes made in the JAMB profile are because of poor phone browser and carelessness.
Correcting Mistakes using the SMS Method
- To correct a mistake in the candidate’s name, resend a text message (from the registered number) “CORRECT Surname First name Middle name” to 55019.
- To retrieve a lost confirmation code, resend a text message (from the registered number) “RESEND” to 55019.
If you made any mistake during JAMB profile creation, another way to correct it is by waiting for JAMB to announce date correction.
If you have already gotten an E-Pin, the first solution will be perfect for you.
You can still use the method above even if you haven’t purchased an e-Pin or done any registration.
If you just created the profile and have done no registration or gotten a pin from the bank.
The best way to completely correct any mistake in your JAMB profile is to create another one.
You can create another profile when you make mistakes.
You may ask, but JAMB said we should not create over one account?
What JAMB meant is that you should not register for JAMB or write the exam with over one profile.
In addition, make sure you correct any mistake in your profile before getting the JAMB e-PIN.
Alternatively, wait till during clearance to explain to the clearance officials that you actually made mistakes during JAMB registration.
Jamb e-PIN Selling Points
Candidates can approach or use any of the under listed selling points to purchase their e-Pin.
- NIPOST: Check with post offices nationwide
- Participating Commercial Banks: (Access, Ecobank, Firstbank, FCMB, Fidelity, Jaiz, Skye, Sterling, Union, Unity and Zenith)
- Mobile Money Operators: Paga, e-Tranzact (PocketMoni), TEASYPay and Packway Projects (Readycash)
- Participating Micro Finance Banks: FUD MFB (Dutse) and Regent MFB (Abuja)
- Online Payment Platforms: SystemSpecs (Remita) and InterSwitch (Quickteller), POS (Citi-Serve)
- ATMs: Use the ATMs of banks listed above (InterSwitch)
- USSD: (NIBSS and ERCAS) for mobile banking
- Embassy: Nigerian Embassies in Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Buea, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg and London
Participating Banks/Outlets Functions
- Collect the Profile Code from the candidate’s phone
- Collect payment and vend ePIN by SMS to candidate’s phone (Not dictating or copying)
- Facilitate POS Payment if necessary
- Issue Evidence of Payment
- Delivery of ePIN to candidates (This should not be handwritten)
JAMB Registration ePIN Payments/Procurement Methods
Banks (including Micro Finance Banks)
- Present Profile Code and pay by cash or card
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
- This is available at State Offices of JAMB + CBT Centres, other POS outlets and any CBT Centre that demands it
- Present Profile Code and pay by card
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
Mobile Money Operators
- This is available at CBT Centres and Other Outlets
- Present Profile Code and pay by cash
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
- This is available on all ATM outlets of Participating Banks listed in 5D (I) (Interswitch Channel)
- Select Bill Payment and then pick JAMB
- Enter Profile Code and pay
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
Online Payment on JAMB Portal
- Visit the JAMB website
- Click purchase of 2023 Application Document
- Enter your Profle Code
- Select payment method (Interswitch, Remita, e-Transact, Unifed Payment Solutions, Upper-link or Paga)
- Make payment
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
Procedure for Foreign Candidates
Procedure for registration at the eight foreign centres only is:
- Registration fee for candidates from the eight foreign countries is $20 or its equivalent in each of the eight countries local currency
- Candidates from the eight foreign countries are to download the Application from the Board’s website (www.jamb.gov.ng) complete and submit it with the fee at the eight designated centres as shown on the website.
- Visit www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility
- Create a profile
- Login to your profile
- On the menu on the left pane, click on 2023 Foreign UTME/DE registration
- Go through guided questions until the payment page
- Make payment using any of the authorized cards
- Complete the registration directly online
How to Recover Lost ePIN after Payment
- If ePIN is not Received or Lost, send [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 for UTME or DE respectively from the unique number
- The ePIN would then be retrieved and delivered on the candidate’s unique number
- After successful payment and getting ePIN, the candidate should proceed to any of the jamb accredited CBT centres to complete his/her JAMB registration.
Candidates should note that ePINS purchased are tied to an individual profile and are not transferable.
Candidates are advised to keep as private their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, email addresses and ePINs.
No centre may request for or accept a candidate’s password.
Candidates who are blind are to show by typing BLIND and also picking the option of writing their examination through CBT mode or Read Examination Aloud. A candidate is blind or sighted. It is important to be factual.
A special indicator for the deaf/mute has differentiated them for special attention at the examination hall.
Deaf candidates are therefore to confirm this appropriately during registration.
Candidates with biometric challenges can only register at JAMB Headquarters in Abuja.
No other CBT centre may register such candidates.
They will also sit for their JAMB examination at headquarters in Abuja.
No candidate will be permitted to sit the examination if his/her biometrics are not verified.
The Board will not permit or process any examination without biometric verification.
Candidates with biometric abnormality can only register and take an examination at the JAMB Headquarters, Bwari Abuja.
The Board will facilitate the travels of the candidates.
Is JAMB Mock Compulsory for All Candidates?
JAMB Mock is Not Compulsory at all.
You will be fully allowed to write the JAMB UTME 2023 whether or not you sit for the mock examination.
Although JAMB mock is not compulsory, yet it is recommended for you to take as it will make you better prepared for the main exam.
The Board will conduct a mock examination in all the accredited CBT centres to prepare and familiarize interested candidates with the CBT environment.
Interested candidates are advised to show their interest in the mock examination during registration.
The payment for mock examination by the candidate shall be made to the centre to which the candidate is assigned after the notification of assigned centres for the mock examination.
No Association or Body may run any mock examination on behalf of JAMB.
Do not pay for mock until JAMB assigns you to a CBT centre. No one should patronize fraudsters.
Only JAMB accredited CBT centres can serve as examination centres.
Release Date for 2023 JAMB Mock Results
JAMB releases mock results within 7 days.
How to Check JAMB Mock Results in 2023
- Visit the JAMB Mock result site
- Enter JAMB Registration number
- Click on “Check Mock Results”
How to Create a JAMB Support Ticket
If you didn’t get your E-PIN after payment, made a mistake in your Matriculation Number as a Direct Entry candidate or currently facing other JAMB related issues, you can call JAMB attention to it by raising a JAMB Support Ticket.
JAMB Support Ticket is to create a ticket for your complaint so that JAMB can monitor and effectively treat your complaint.
Do not fail to let JAMB know how you feel.
The good thing about a JAMB support ticket is that you will get a response to your queries as soon as possible and as well able to access and update the ticket that you have raised.
How to Create a JAMB Support Ticket
- Visit JAMB Support Site
- Select your area of support.
- Click Create Support Ticket.
- Choose YES if you are making a personal complaint.
- Click NO if you are complaining on behalf of a candidate.
- Enter your JAMB Reg Number, the issue you are facing, a short title and message.
- Upload an image if necessary.
- Click SEND to submit your ticket.
- You will be given a ticket ID to monitor the progress.
JAMB Issues You Can Raise Ticket for
- JAMB UTME registration issues
- JAMB direct entry complaints
- JAMB Caps problems
- Change of course questions
- Change of institution issues
- General inquiry and questions
- Scam and unaccredited centers
- Payments and late application
How to Access and Update JAMB Support Ticket for 2023
- Visit the JAMB support website
- Click on Access your Existing Ticket
- Enter your JAMB e-facility profile email
- Enter any of your ticket ID
Date for JAMB UTME 2023?
JAMB has given attention to this year’s admission.
JAMB reprinting exam date for 2023 will be announced close to the exam date.
You would have seen the details below already in your JAMB print out:
- JAMB registration number
- Examination town
- Your seat/centre number
- Date of Birth
- Your full name
- Email address
How to Know Your JAMB Exam Date and Center
JAMB date isn’t specified in the registration slip.
JAMB sends an exam date via email and online when you reprint JAMB registration slip.
If you miss your JAMB exam date, no chance to sit for JAMB this year anymore.
According to the Joint Admission Matriculation Board, all candidates are to login to their respective JAMB Profile to check their exam center and date.
When Reprinting of JAMB Exam Slip Will Begin
JAMB doesn’t include Exam Date and Venue in your Slip after Registration at CBT Centres.
You need to Reprint JAMB Slip for Exam State, Day and UTME Time.
Days to UTME 2023 (a week to JAMB CBT), you will be required to Reprint your JAMB Slip to show when you are going to write your exam, the exam time and the centre.
The reason for this step is that JAMB is written on different days, time and venues (JAMB is in batches).
You need to know the exact time and day you are writing your own examination.
Don’t miss your exam date or venue for any reason and don’t go to the venue when it isn’t your exam date or time to avoid embarrassment.
Note that the reprinting must be carried out using a computer system that has an attached printer.
Alternatively, you could download the slip on your phone and go to any cyber cafe around to print it out at a very low cost (₦20 to ₦100).
Steps to Re-Print JAMB Slip for 2023 Date and Centre
- Visit jamb.gov.ng/efacility
- Go to UTME 2023 Exam Slip Menu
- Enter JAMB Registration Number
- Click on Print UTME Exam slip
- Visit the JAMB Reprinting portal here portal.jamb.gov.ng
- Enter JAMB registration number, email or SMS
- Re-Print JAMB slip
- JAMB slip reprint
- How to reprint JAMB slip for Date and Venue
- How to reprint JAMB slip via email
If the slip is sent to your email, follow the procedure below:
- Open your Email
- Check Message from JAMB
- Open the message containing your JAMB slip
- Scroll to the end of the email to see the attachment
- Click on the attachment and download
- Send the slip to a system connected to a printer for printing
737 Approved JAMB CBT Centres for 36 States
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has disclosed that over 737 Computer-Based Testing centres have been accredited so far for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
Click below to download all the centres in PDF format:
The PDF contains approved centres and where to write and register JAMB in the following states:
- Abia State Umuahia
- Adamawa Yola
- Akwa Ibom Uyo
- Anambra Awka
- Bauchi Bauchi
- Bayelsa Yenagoa
- Benue Makurdi
- Borno Maiduguri
- Cross River Calabar
- Delta Asaba
- Ebonyi Abakaliki
- Edo Benin
- Ekiti Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu Enugu
- FCT Abuja
- Gombe Gombe
- Imo Owerri
- Jigawa Dutse
- Kaduna Kaduna
- Kano Kano
- Katsina Katsina
- Kebbi Birnin Kebbi
- Kogi Lokoja
- Kwara Ilorin
- Lagos Ikeja
- Nassarawa Lafia
- Niger Mina
- Ogun Abeokuta
- Ondo Akure
- Osun Osogbo
- Oyo Ibadan
- Plateau Jos
- Rivers Port Harcourt
- Sokoto Sokoto
- Taraba Jalingo
- Yobe Damaturu
- Zamfara Gusau
Resources to Prepare and Pass JAMB CBT
- JAMB Timetable
- JAMB Videos
- JAMB Past Questions
- JAMB Syllabus
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks
- JAMB CBT Quiz
- JAMB Brochure
- JAMB Guide and Series
- JAMB Materials
JAMB Exam Rules to Note and Follow
- DO NOT take your mobile phone or bag to the JAMB examination center
- Take your JAMB slip along to the examination venue
- Keep a copy of the JAMB slip for reference
- Your Biometric (Thumbprints) Verification is COMPULSORY at the examination centre
- You will be marked absent if you go to the center very late
- NO change of subject in the Examination Center
JAMB Time and Number of Questions
JAMB Takes 2 hours to Finish, 60 Questions from Use of English and 40 Questions Each will come out from Subjects like Mathematics, Economics, CRK, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Literature in English, Commerce, etc.
Does JAMB have Theory?
JAMB sets only objective questions.
JAMB will not set theory in 2023 UTME and there will not be practical.
Only WAEC and NECO sets theory exams.
Things You Shouldn’t Take to JAMB Exam Hall
To fight malpractice, the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has banned and warned candidates from coming to centres with the following items:
- ATM Cards
- Bluetooth Devices
- Books and any Reading/Writing Material
- Calculators or Similar Electronic Devices
- Ear Pieces
- Ink/Pen Readers
- Key Holders
- Mobile Phones or Similar Electronic Devices
- Smart Buttons
- Smart Lenses
- Smart Rings/Jewelry
- Spy reading glasses which should be scrutinized
- USB, CD, Hard Disk, and or Similar Storage Devices
JAMB Success Tips for Candidates
- Dedicate quality time to study for your examination. Hard work doesn’t kill.
- Channel the energy you would rather used to organize malpractice to your studies. Malpractice doesn’t always work out.
- Take away anything that will distract you as you prepare for your JAMB.
- Identify your dark spot and shine some light on it. Don’t give up on hard courses, understand them.
- Use past questions to prepare for JAMB.
- Test your speed as you study.
- Follow instructions all the way.
- Ask questions when you are not clear about anything.
- Meet fellow applicants and interact with them.
- Believe in yourself, let nobody make you settle for less. You deserve the best in life.
How to Write a CBT Exam without Mouse?
There are 9 keys to be used on the keyboard during CBT without using a mouse.
The keys are ABCD PN SRY.
You can press A to choose option A, press B to choose option B, press C to choose option C or press D to choose option D
You can press N to move to the next question or press P to go back to the previous question.
When you are done with the examination, press S to end the exam.
A dialogue box will appear asking you to confirm your action, then you press Y to finally end the exam.
However, when you mistakenly press S and you are not done with the examination, you can press R to return and continue your examination, but if you proceed to Y instead of R, it means your exam is over and you cannot go back to continue.
Steps on How to Answer JAMB Questions Correctly
- Pay attention to instructions
- You must check the subjects displayed and confirm they are your choices
- You must read the instructions carefully before attempting any question
- Ensure to read and think through each question properly before picking an answer
- Pick just one answer
- Answer the simple questions first; skip the more challenging ones for later
- Crosscheck your answers
How to Check JAMB 2023 Results
JAMB releases the results of UTME on the same day candidates take the exam.
To Check 2023 JAMB result, text UTMERESULT to 55019 and wait for JAMB result to be sent to you via SMS.
- Candidates are to visit the result checker.
- Enter your JAMB registration number or phone number in the required column.
- Click on “Check My Results” to see your result.
Issues When Checking JAMB Results
Major problems some candidates are facing while checking JAMB results are wrong parameters, no result, error has occurred and no reply after sending UTMERESULT to 55019.
Below are solutions to errors you’re getting while check JAMB results.
If you are getting wrong parameters anytime you try to check JAMB result using SMS, it means you are not sending the message correctly. You are to Text UTMERESULT to 55019.
Don’t add space between UTME and RESULT, do not send only RESULT to 55019.
Finally, confirm if your spelling of UTMERESULT is correct.
No Reply or No Result
Not all JAMB Results are now. If you wrote yesterday or a day before yesterday, it is normal for you not to have result yet.
Wait for three to four days after your paper before checking.
Even if your results are out, you may not get a reply immediately after you send UTMERESULT to 55019.
You will need to wait for up to two hours before resending or complaining about not getting results sent to you.
Besides that, you must send UTMERESULT to 55019 using the same number that you used to create the JAMB profile.
Do not use another SIM to send SMS to JAMB.
If you don’t get any response after sending UTMERESULT to 55019, don’t keep sending it.
Sending it many times won’t change anything.
Wait for as long as 24 hours before resending, if no response.
Error Has Occurred
If you are told that an error has occurred after sending UTMERESULT to 55019, it may be a network problem.
A lot of persons are trying to check results the same time, it is normal for error to occur.
The solution is to calm down and check after some hours or the next day.
Sending multiple messages will change nothing at that moment.
No Record Found
No record found. Send email with NIN and Name to nimc-JAMB2023@nimc.gov.ng.
It simply means that wasn’t the number you used to register JAMB.
Send UTMERESULT using the number you used to register JAMB.
Wrong Result Sent
It is possible for another person’s result to be sent to you as you text UTMERESULT to 55019. Here, it is not your fault.
The error is because of JAMB server error and malfunction due to too many people trying to check.
Simply check back later for your own result.
Also, make sure you sent the message with the number you used to register JAMB.
How JAMB and Schools Give Admission
JAMB and your school of choice work together to offer admission.
The school, to a large extent, compiles names of candidates they have admitted and then sends the admission lists to JAMB for screening and approval.
JAMB then confirms if they are qualified and uploads the admission lists to JAMB Caps Portal.
JAMB also chooses those to be admitted based on the JAMB score and recommends others to different schools for admission.
It is the duty of JAMB to offer admission letters to candidates; JAMB regulates the admission process.
For a complete admission, your name needs to be uploaded to the JAMB portal and your school’s admission portal.
JAMB Results and Admission Status
JAMB releases results for candidate’s days after the exam.
JAMB Results can be checked online and via SMS (RESULT to 55019).
Visit the JAMB result portal here and log in with your username and password to check the result.
JAMB releases admission lists and admission letter.
When you are finally admitted, you can print your JAMB Admission letter.
Admission status can be checked on both JAMB caps and JAMB direct portal.
The normal JAMB result you printout from a computer for free is not what you use for clearance and scholarships application.
Your university or Polytechnic of choice will require an Original Result Slip during physical clearance.
JAMB sells scratch cards to enable you to print original JAMB result.
When Will JAMB Start Giving Admission
Every university, polytechnic or college of education aspirant wants to see the JAMB admission list.
The good news is that JAMB has started giving admission on JAMB Caps Portal.
The admission process takes months and many candidates will gain admission.
If you’re not admitted today, you may be admitted tomorrow.
The JAMB admission process begins with JAMB registration, examination, release of results and Post UTME screening by various universities, colleges and polytechnics in the country.
JAMB admission lists are released in batches.
The first set of names to be published on JAMB portal will be the first batch JAMB admission status for 2023 session.
JAMB will upload all the admission lists for universities, polytechnics and colleges of education.
JAMB Admission Process
- JAMB registration and examination date
- The release of JAMB results
- JAMB sending results/scores to various institutions
- General and departmental Cut off Marks
- Uploading of awaiting results to JAMB portal
- Post UTME examination and admission screening hold
- Various institutions send lists of successful candidates to JAMB via JAMB caps portal
- JAMB and schools start releasing admission lists for candidates to check
- Original result slip and JAMB admission letter printing
- After cut off marks have been decided and released, Post UTME holds in various schools.
- The next thing that happens is that those using WAEC or NECO awaiting results are required to upload their O’Level results to the JAMB portal.
- After Post UTME is conducted and results are released by various institutions, JAMB admission lists will start rolling out. You can now check your admission status to know your fate.
Things That Will Make JAMB Give You Admission
- A High post UTME Score
- Availability of O’Level result (WAEC, NECO, GCE) when needed
- JAMB score above cut off mark
- Meeting the admission requirements of your school
JAMB Score That Guarantees You Admission in 2023
Well, there is no exact JAMB score that guarantees you admission into any university, polytechnics or college of education.
The best JAMB score required for you to gain admission into any institution of your choice depends on these factors:
- Performance of students in JAMB Results
- Nature of your course generally
- Competition of the course at your choice university
- The number of students to be admitted
- Merit, catchment and educationally less developed states
- With a JAMB score of 200 to 250, you have a chance of getting a moderately competitive course.
- With a score of 250 to 280, you have a chance of being admitted to study a competitive course.
- A score of 290+ should guarantee you admission to study any course.
How to Print JAMB Admission Letter in 2023
JAMB admission letter is a document issued by JAMB every year to those who have been offered provisional admission to study in any approved tertiary institution (university, polytechnic or college of education) in Nigeria.
The JAMB admission letter shows your full name, the institution and course you have been admitted into, your address, your passport photograph, duration of your course of study, terms and conditions that govern your admission.
When does JAMB admission letter printing begin?
JAMB enables the portal for admission letter printing after they have released the admission lists.
Before you can print your admission letter, check your status online.
If your JAMB admission status shows that you have been offered admission, then you can print your JAMB admission letter.
How to Print JAMB Admission Letter
- Visit JAMB.gov.ng
- Click on “CAPS-Efacility”.
- Enter the email and password you used to create the JAMB profile.
- Click on login.
- Your JAMB account homepage will open.
- Click on admission letter under services.
- The page for payment confirmation will open (See screenshots below).
- You will be charged #1000 to print your admission letter.
- Click on continue to payment.
- Click on pay now.
- You will be deducted via the payment option you choose.
- You can pay via Remitta or MasterCard.
- Then wait for payment confirmation.
- You will now print your admission letter.
JAMB 2023 Direct Entry News
JAMB direct entry enables you to gain admission directly into 200 level.
JAMB direct entry registration and screening are announced alongside JAMB UTME.
JAMB UTME and Direct Entry deadline will also be the same date.
How Much is JAMB Direct Entry Form?
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Direct Entry form is N3,500.
Will 2023 Direct Entry Students Write JAMB?
JAMB direct (DE) entry candidates are not to sit for the JAMB examination.
However, JAMB has announced that schools are at liberty to set aptitude tests for candidates who apply for direct entry there.
Therefore, any school that sets exams for their DE candidates will adapt questions from the JAMB recommended novel besides other subjects offered by the candidate.
JAMB Direct Entry Advantage
Those who gained admission into the university via direct entry will start from YEAR 2 or 200 level in their university of choice, provided they are offered admission.
This is the edge they have over their UTME Counterpart.
Requirements for JAMB Direct Entry in 2023
All applicants must possess either of the diploma certificates listed below:
- A minimum of Five (5) GCE/WASCE credits at not more than two sittings with at least two Principal or Advanced level C.E. and the others.
- Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognized institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND. Education may be accepted as a third A’ Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
- Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma, including the O’Level requirements.
- Candidates are to note that they will be required to provide their JAMB registration number, which they used in gaining admission to NCE, Diploma etc. for Direct Entry admission.
- NIN FOR JAMB DIRECT ENTRY (If Applicable).
How to Apply for 2023 JAMB Direct Entry
- Create JAMB Direct Entry Profile
- Enroll NIN for JAMB
- Visit an Approved bank or CBT Center for an E-Pin
- Fill the DE registration form
- Submit to JAMB centres
- Collect JAMB e-slip
As it is the practice, centers may charge not more than ₦1000 as a registration fee.
JAMB Direct Entry Examination Date 2023
JAMB direct entry examination date will be fully announced by the different institution, since JAMB has given them the freedom to screen their candidates.
Some schools will not conduct exam but just screening and submission of documents.
Eligible Institutions for JAMB 2023
The institution type that JAMB registration will be made available on include:
- First Degree
- National Diploma (ND)
- National Innovation Diploma (NID)
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes
- Innovation Enterprise Institutes
- Colleges of Education
How to do JAMB Change of Institution/Course
- Visit the JAMB portal
- Enter your username and password
- Click on Login
- Go to correction of data on the left sidebar. For phone users, you will need to click the menu to access correction of data
- Click on correction of data
- You will see course/institution, names, date of birth, gender and LGA. Click on the one you want to change or correct.
- You will be taken to the payment portal
- Click on pay and continue to payment
- If approved, your details will be changed as requested
If you learnt from this post, please shared with your friends using the social share buttons below.
Do you also have questions?
Please leave your comments below.
I wish you success in your registration and examination.