INEC Voters Card Verification Portal (Check Registration Status)
Do you want to visit the INEC voters card verification portal to check your VIN, ID number, and PVC registration status online in Nigeria?
You want to find out if you are eligible to vote in the next elections?
If YES, then this is the only post to read today.
Voters Card Verification
The voters’ register is the list of all those who are currently signed up to vote.
It is important to ensure that the voters’ register is up to date and only contains the names of genuine voters.
In order to ensure this, INEC periodically reviews the register, especially before major elections.
After doing so, it removes the names of voters who have died, reconciles the names of those who have transferred their registration, removes the names of those who have registered more than once, and removes the names of those under 18.
How to Check your INEC Voter Registration Status
There are the three ways to check if you are registered with INEC and eligible to vote in the upcoming elections:
1. Visit your polling unit during the ‘display of voter register’ exercise
INEC will display the reviewed or preliminary register at your local registration centre.
Visit your local registration centre to confirm that your details are included and correct.
2. Use Your Phone
Send a text message to 08171 646 879 in the following format: state, surname, last five digits of your voter identification number (found on the top of your temporary or permanent voter card).
An example is given Rivers, Ibinabo, 02457
You should receive a response within 15 minutes, displaying your full profile on the Voters’ Register and your polling unit number, or an error message.
If you receive an error message, check to ensure that you entered your information correctly.
Note that text messages are charged at the local network rate.
3. Check your registration on the INEC website
- Visit the INEC registration status website.
- Tap on sign in if you already have an account or register and fill out the form if you don’t. You can just sign in with your Google details.
- You should then see the Official Display of Register of Voters, tap Continue to register.
- You will then need to ‘Sort register of Voters‘. You can choose to find your details by polling unit or find it individually.
- To find it individually, you’ll need to type in your VIN number.
- If your registration detail is on INEC’s server, they’ll be displayed immediately.
- If the details displayed aren’t entirely accurate, you can decide to RAISE OBJECTION.
To check your status, use the voter verification steps above.
If your status is OKAY, pick up your Permanent Voter Card (PVC).
All PVCs are now ready for collection at your INEC Local Government Office where your polling unit falls within, from 9am – 3pm daily, including weekends.
Collect your PVC today!
READ ⇒ How to Start Palm Oil Business in Nigeria and Earn ₦3m Monthly