Are you interested in knowing the BUA Cement recruitment process, job vacancies starting and closing date, positions, careers, opportunities, employment, freshers, internship and graduate trainee program, salary and online application form portal?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
Ensure to take your time and read this article to the end if you’re really serious about achieving your dream and career goal this year.
The BUA Cement recruitment portal is free and currently open for application.
BUA Cement was incorporated in 2008 and begun operations in the same year through its floating cement terminals, ‘BUA Cement 1’, designed specifically for bulk and bag cement unloading.
In 2009, the BUA Group acquired the Cement Company of Northern Nigeria, CCNN (Sokoto Cement) and the Edo Cement Company to boost and increase the metric tons of annual cement production in the country.
In 2018, BUA Obu Cement completed a 3million mtpa plant, resulting in a combined capacity at Okpella of 6million mtpa.
At the second quarters of 2015, BUA signed a contract with FLSmidth for a 3 million mtpa new production line in Edo Cement to be sited at Obu, Edo state.
The $600 million Cement Plant in Okpella, Edo State was opened in 2015 with a capacity of 3 million mtpa, resulting in a 3.5 million mtpa combined installed capacity at both Edo and Obu plants.
Asides from the initial costs, over $100 million was invested in gas turbines to power a 50-megawatt plant for 24-hour electricity generation and the construction of a 30km gas supply pipeline.
The world-class plant would give a much-needed boost to Nigeria’s cement industry as well as enhance the development of related sectors, including housing and construction.
Same year, the CCNN began 1.5 million mtpa plant expansion project to further boost the capacity of cement in Nigeria.
In 2020, BUA Group merged its cement operations and listed BUA Cement Plc on the Nigerian Stock Exchange with a total combined installed capacity of 8million mtpa and a market capitalization of N1.18trillon (US$3.3bn), making it the second largest cement producer in the Nigerian market and the largest cement producer in the North-Western region of the country.
BUA Vision and Mission
- To be a highly competitive market leader in Nigeria.
- To produce and market high-quality cement for national development.
BUA Core Values
BUA Cement Recruitment Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements for the BUA Cement job:
- B.Sc. in management sciences or a closely related field, or its equivalent.
- Be able to use Microsoft Office tools.
- Computer literacy is a requirement.
- Decent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent SAP Materials Management knowledge (MM).
- Must hold a B.Sc., HND, NCE, or OND in any discipline from an esteemed university.
- Not older than 35 years old.
- Participation in relevant associations (CIPS, NIPS, etc.)
- West African School Certificate (WAEC) with credits in at least three subjects, including English, and at least two other subjects, must be passed.
BUA Cement Job Application Steps
Trainee Graduate Engineers
Location: Okpella, Edo State
The aim of the Graduate Engineering Trainee is to learn and gain practical experience under the guidance of a manager or supervisor, fulfilling various tasks ranging from assisting staff with new project, offering suggestions on existing methods, conducting research, writing reports, managing data and implementing systems, using tools to optimize cement production process.
Trainee Engineer Responsibilities
- Completing all tasks set by the supervisor and assisting wherever possible.
- Observing existing strategies and techniques and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Conducting research and collating data.
- Going to field sites and gaining practical experience in new work areas.
- Working closely with staff to foster professional values and build good relationships.
- Observing health and safety guidelines at all times.
- Attending meetings and workshops.
- Submitting to all forms of evaluation during the traineeship.
- Compiling reports and delivering presentations to staff members and other stakeholders.
Trainee Graduate Operators
Location: Okpella, Edo State
To learn/train how to operate the plant equipments through the Centre Control Room (CCR) and to maintain an accurate log, record keeping ensuring all information on the status of the operation is documented and keep superior information on operating conditions to enable monitoring of production progress and for the coordination of overall shift activities and effective coordination with maintenance activities.
Trainee Engineer Responsibilities
- To learn day-to-day activities planning as per section requirements; fulfill LOTOTO and other safety requirements, supervision of activities and feedback for work orders.
- Maintain constant contact with field Engineers/Supervisors to provide work direction to ensure equipment, instruments and the process are properly controlled.
- Housekeeping of CCR and maintain cleanliness of control room desk.
- Operate, control, and adjust the cement production under operating procedures and approved safety and environment procedures to ensure achievement of targeted production capacity with desired quality.
- Support field operation/plant maintenance on the job directions as required.
- Monitoring the operations of raw mill, kiln and cement grinding and their auxiliaries.
- Prepare the daily kiln and raw mill activities reports.
- Excellent knowledge of theoretical principles.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical principles.
- High level of proficiency in computer (Word, Excel, Microsoft project, PowerPoint etc).
- High level of analytical and reasoning skills.
- Have wonderful knowledge of engineering concept.
- Good interpretation and interpersonal skills.
- Team playing spirit.
- Data analysis skill.
Bachelor’s degree or HND holder in these engineering courses:
- Electrical/Instrumentation or Automation
- Industrial Chemistry
- Applied Chemistry
- Minimum entering Upper credit
- Not more than 3 years post NYSC experience
- Minimum entering age is not more than 30years of age.
- Good team player
- Must have a good level of order and cleanliness
- Must be understanding, influencing and good at communicating with people
- High level of organization and be result-oriented
- Must have a logical mind
Interested applicants should send their respective updated CVs to: email@example.com
Use the position being applied for and your name as the subject of your e-mail.
The management of BUA Cement Plc., will like to inform the public that it is not running any promotion under the name “BUA Cement Wish List”.
The links are being circulated by fraudsters to dupe unsuspecting customers by requesting for various personal details.
Also, the public is advised to be wary of fraudsters who pose as representatives of the Company promoting attractive questionable prices for bags/trucks of BUA Cement.
If in doubt, always reach out through our customer care line 01-461 0669 – 70 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To stay updated regarding the BUA Cement recruitment, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
I wish you success in your job application.