National Identification Number (NIN) ▷ Check and Link SIM Now!
Do you want to know the USSD phone code to check NIN number and NIMC details online with tracking ID, and how to link to MTN, Glo, 9mobile, Airtel SIM?
If YES, this article is only what you need to read today.
The National Identification Number (NIN) is a set of numbers assigned to an individual upon successful enrollment.
It is the NIN that helps to tie all records about a person in the database and is used to check the identity verified.
How to Check and Retrieve NIN Using USSD
Here are the steps to check and retrieve National Identity Number (NIN) on the phone:
- Dial *346# using your phone on any mobile network.
- Enter ‘1’ to choose NIN Retrieval Option (if the phone number you are dialing from was used during your NIN registration).
- Enter ‘2’ to choose the NIN Search option (if you have lost your number; you will be required to input some of your registration details).
- Once you have retrieved, congratulations.
The next step will be NIN linking to your mobile line.
Procedures differ depending on the SIM operator.
How to Link NIN to MTN
MTN users can link their NIN to their SIM via:
- MTN NIN verification portal
- USSD code (Dial *996#).
- myMTNApp, get it on Google Play or Apple Store.
How to Link NIN to Airtel
Airtel users can link their NIN to their SIM via:
- Airtel NIN verification portal
- Dial *996# on your Airtel line to submit your NIN.
How to Link NIN to 9mobile
9mobile users can link their NIN to their SIM via:
- 9mobile NIN verification portal
- Dial *996# and follow the prompts to submit your details.
How to Link NIN to Glo
Glo users can link their NIN to their SIM via:
- Glo NIN verificaton portal
- Dial *996*yourNIN# (e.g. *996*48705139435#) and follow the prompts to submit your details.
- Text your 11-digits NIN number to 109 (e.g. 48705139435 to 996) and wait for a reply.
NIN Retrieval without a Phone Number
If you have lost your phone number (which you used during enrolment for the NIN) and the temporal NIMC slip, to retrieve your NIN:
- Dial the general retrieval code (*346#) with your current number linked with your BVN.
- Try using the NIMC App from Google play store.
- Go to nimc.gov.ng to print your NIN slip with the QR code and view your mobile.
If none of the above work, then proceed to any NIMC office near you to liaise with an official to help you.
If you cannot use the methods outlined on this page, then you should simply visit the nearest office of your service provider to do that.
Go with your NIN and SIM pack.
Alternatively, call the customer care line of your service provider.
With the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC)’s USSD service, you can now easily check/retrieve and link your NIN on your mobile phone.
Hope you found this post helpful?
If you have questions, leave comments below.