Do you want to know the LUTH school of nursing cut off mark, application fees, admission form requirements, online portal, website, entrance exam, closing date, past questions and answers (pdf), courses duration, and location in Nigeria?
If YES, then this is the only post to read.
LUTH School of Nursing
The School of Nursing, Lagos University Teaching Hospital was established under Lagos University Teaching Hospital, (LUTH) in July 1962 the same year and under the same decree on which the hospital was founded.
The School was opened with a student intake of sixteen (16) and there were only two (2) tutors and a health educator as the teaching staff.
The School now admits once a year, entrance to the School is in October.
Entry requirements compare favorably with those for other professional courses.
Successful candidates are interviewed by a panel for final selection.
The course of study lasts for four (4) years, leading to the award of Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Midwife (RM)/Registered Public Health Nurse.
The school is headed by Director Nursing Education/Principal.
Currently, the school is one of the best approved and recognized School of Nursing in Nigeria.
It is well known for its flexibility, range of facilities and modern equipment, and high profile of excellent performance in the Council Examination and a safe, interesting and comfortable environment where students can live and study.
LUTH School of Nursing Cut Off Mark 2023
The cut-off mark for the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) School of Nursing varies depending on the programme.
For the 2023/2024 academic session, the cut-off mark for the Basic Nursing Programme is 280.
The cut-off mark for the Post Basic Nursing Programme is 250.
Here are the cut-off marks for other programmes offered at the LUTH School of Nursing:
- Community Health Nursing: 260
- Psychiatric Nursing: 260
- Midwifery: 260
The cut-off marks are subject to change, so check the school website for the latest information.
To be eligible to study nursing at LUTH School of Nursing, possess these qualifications:
- Five (5) O’Level credits in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry (not more than 2 sittings).
- Must sit for JAMB with a good score grade.
- Application fee (excluding charges) is ₦10,000.
The LUTH School of Nursing entrance exam for the 2023/2024 academic session will be held on Wednesday, October 4, 2023.
The exam will be held at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba, Lagos.
The entrance exam will comprise two parts: a written exam and an interview.
The written exam will cover these subjects:
- English Language
The interview will assess the candidate’s suitability for the nursing profession.
The results of the entrance exam will be released on October 20, 2023.
Successful candidates will be invited for the interview.
LUTH School of Nursing Admission Form
LUTH application form for the exam is available online.
The closing date for the LUTH School of Nursing admission form for the 2023/2024 academic session is September 15, 2023.
- To apply for the program, fill the details via the online portal.
- When done, click the Submit button and the system will create a login account for you.
- If successful, you will get a confirmation page with the information that the details of the account have been sent to your email.
- Make a secure payment through Remita by clicking the Make Payment button, selecting your preferred payment option, and supplying requisite information.
- If your payment is successful, your payment status in your login page will be updated to PAID.
- You will then be able to upload any document due as per program requirements.
- Send a mail to email@example.com should you experience any issues or need further clarifications.
Courses Offered in School of Nursing LUTH
Here is the list of courses offered in the School of Nursing LUTH:
- Accident and Emergency Program – 12 Months
- Ophthalmic Program – 12 Months
- Paediatric Program – 12 Months
- Perioperative Program – 12 Months
- School of Community Health – 24 Months
- Health Information Management (ND) – 2 years
- Health Information Management (HND) – 2 years
- Biomedical Engineering (ND) – 24 Months
- Biomedical Engineering (HND) – 24 Months
- Midwifery – 18 months
- Medical and Psychiatric Social Work – 12 months
- General Nursing – 4 years
- Anaesthetic Technicians – 3 years
LUTH Location (Address) in Lagos
- School of Nursing, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, Lagos.
- +234 0805 655 9417