Do you want to know the names and list of accredited private and federal nursing schools in Ogun state and their fees, entrance exam, cut-off mark, admission form portal, JAMB requirements, and location?
If YES, then this is the only post to read.
Nursing Schools in Ogun State
Here are the best schools of nursing in Ogun state:
1. School of Nursing, Sacred Heart Hospital, Lantoro, Abeokuta, Ogun State
The School of Nursing, Sacred Heart Hospital is a private (missionary) institution with the mandate of giving qualitative training to young health professionals in nursing.
It is owned by the Catholic Diocese of Abeokuta, under the proprietorship of Most Rev’d. Dr. Peter Olukayode Odetoyinbo.
Since 1950, when the School of Midwifery begun, many tutors had served under many principals.
In 1998, the School was changed from the School of Midwifery to the School of Nursing.
The school is staffed by experienced and dedicated individuals who are putting in their best to maintain the school’s academic excellence.
Many midwives and nurses have passed through this elite school, to which we are grateful to God.
Presently, there are about 150 students in the school.
Form for admission into the Basic General Nursing Programme of the School of Nursing, Sacred Heart Hospital, Lantoro, Abeokuta becomes available by February every year.
Prospective candidates must possess the Senior Secondary School Certificate (e.g., WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) with at least five credits, including English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at not over two sittings.
Interested applicants for admission into the School of Nursing, Sacred Heart Hospital Lantoro should make payment of Fifteen Thousand Naira (₦15,000).
Admissions into the School of Nursing are only handled by the School’s admission office only and should not be sought through any agent.
The School of Nursing will not be responsible/liable for monies paid or admissions sought by prospective applicants through individuals or bodies acting as admission agents of the school.
|17th July 2024
|Closure of Admission Portal
|20th July 2024
|3rd August 2024
|Entrance Examination Results
|16th August 2024
|Interview: Written and Oral and Verification of credentials
|31st August 2024
|Interview Results: Successful Candidates will be required to process the verification of their certificates with WAEC or NECO
|23rd September 2024
|Wait List Check-up
|12th October 2024
|Resumption in Hostel
- Sacred Heart Hospital, Lantoro, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- 0814-428-3091 (Mon-Fri, 8.00am – 3.00pm)
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
2. Ogun State College of Nursing Sciences
Ogun State College of Nursing Sciences’ mission is to create the most proficient ways and provide solutions to the health issues challenging an ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse society by developing and producing highly professional nurses.
The health school is deeply focused on improving and transforming the Nigerian nursing sector.
- Applicants are requested to have a functioning e-mail address for future contact.
- Examination is Computer Based Testing in English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- Next of kin name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- All application, payments and downloading of past questions are to be completed online, no candidate will be attended to at the secretariat.
- The Ogun State College of Nursing Sciences offers both Basic Nursing and midwifery courses, candidates can be admitted into any of these courses.
- Applicants are required to have WASSCE/NECO (O’Level) with credit in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry at not over two (2) sittings.
- Awaiting result is not allowed.
Online Application Procedure
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to start your application and complete the registration form. Note your e-mail and password as you will be required to log in with them to complete your application.
- Ensure you use a valid email you have access to, other vital information about this admission will be sent to you via email.
- From the dashboard, click on ‘Make Payment’
- Enter your card details to pay the sum of ₦15,500 (Fifteen Thousand and Five Hundred Naira).
- After a successful payment, your status on the portal will be updated and you will complete the admission form.
- After the submission of the form, your examination photocard will be generated. Please print it out in full color.
- Only applicants with valid examination photocard (colour print) may write the CBT entrance examination.
3. Ogun State School of Nursing, Ilaro
The Ogun State School of Nursing, Ilaro, is a government-owned nursing school in Ilaro, Ogun State, Nigeria.
It is one of the recognized schools of nursing in Nigeria that offers nursing education and training.
The school offers a three-year Basic General Nursing program.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are awarded the Registered Nurse (RN) qualification.
To be eligible for admission into the Ogun State School of Nursing, Ilaro, prospective students must meet certain requirements, which may include having a minimum of five credits in subjects like English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in not over two sittings at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its equivalent.
Also, candidates are required to sit for an entrance examination and undergo a selection interview.
The school usually announces its admission and application period through official channels.
Interested candidates can get the application form from the school’s designated banks or the school’s website during the application period.
The application form is then completed and submitted with the required documents and application fee.
The school follows a curriculum approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) to provide comprehensive nursing education and training.
Students receive theoretical instruction and practical hands-on training in various healthcare settings, including hospitals and community health centers.
After successful completion of the program, graduates of the Ogun State School of Nursing, Ilaro, are eligible to write the professional examination conducted by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN).
Upon passing the examination, they become registered nurses and can practice nursing in Nigeria.
- School of Nursing Ilaro, Ogun State.
- +234 (814) 323 7567