Are you interested in knowing NCDC recruitment process, job vacancies starting and closing date, positions, careers, opportunities, employment, freshers, internship and graduate trainee program, salary, and online application form portal?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
Ensure to take your time and read this article to the end if you’re really serious about achieving your dream and career goal this year.
Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the national public health institute with the mandate to lead the preparedness, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks and public health emergencies.
The first formal step to establish the NCDC took place in 2011 when some departments in the Ministry of Health, including the Epidemiology Division, the Avian Influenza Project and its laboratories; and the Nigeria Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Programme (NFELTP) were moved to form the nucleus of the agency.
The Bill for an Act to establish NCDC was signed into law in November 2018 by President Muhammadu Buhari.
- A healthier and safe Nigeria through the prevention and control of diseases of public health importance.
- To protect the health of Nigerians through evidence-based prevention, integrated disease surveillance and response activities, using a one health approach, guided by research and led by a skilled workforce.
NCDC Core Functions
- Prevent, detect and control diseases of public health importance.
- Coordinate surveillance systems to collect, analyze and interpret data on diseases of public health importance.
- Support states in responding to small outbreaks, and lead the response to large disease outbreaks.
- Develop and maintain a network of reference and specialized laboratories.
- Conduct, collate, synthesize and disseminate public health research to inform policy.
- Lead Nigeria’s engagement with the international community on diseases of public health relevance.
Organization of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
The NCDC is led by a Director General and has over 500 staff, working across its locations at the Headquarters and the National Reference Laboratory (NRL) in Abuja, as well as the Central Public Health Laboratory (CPHL) in Lagos State which is a campus of the NRL.
The NCDC currently operates through six departments. These include:
- Public Health Laboratory Services
- Health Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Prevention Programmes and Knowledge Management
- Surveillance and Epidemiology
- Administration and Human Resources
- Finance and Accounts
Study Courses for NCDC Job
To work in the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, these are the best courses to study:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Mass Communication
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Public Administration
Benefits of Working in NCDC
- Learn new skills, including digital, medical, persuasive communication, leadership, administrative, technical and social skills.
- Parental and maternity leave.
- Free health and dental care.
- Room for personal development.
- Get a regular paycheck credited in your account every month.
- You will learn from being around people with unique skills, diverse backgrounds, and levels of experience who are willing to share what they know.
NCDC Salary Structure
NCDC treats all its employees with respect and dignity, and promotes diversity in the workplace.
The lowest worker at NCDC earns at least ₦71,500 monthly.
NCDC recruitment process is free, and the portal for application is currently open.
NCDC never seeks fees from job applicants under any circumstances.
Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job.
If you receive a job offer you believe is fraudulent, contact your local law enforcement agency.
To apply and get a job with NCDC, visit the online recruitment portal.
After the application, it will take about 1 – 3 weeks to get hired for work at NCDC.
NCDC Recruitment Process
The following is an outline of process and tips on how to best showcase your talent and experience.
- Apply Online
- Job Offer
- Background Check
NCDC Recruitment Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements for NCDC job:
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit.
- Applicants must present a valid I.D card.
- Decent verbal and written communication.
- Must hold a degree in related study courses from an esteemed university.
- Must not have any criminal record as at the time of the application.
- Not older than 35 years old.
NCDC Job Application Tips
After browsing the job descriptions and ensuring you meet the requirements, experience and qualifications for the position, here are some tips to help you with the application process.
1. Be Curious About the Centre
Be curious about the centre and read about the culture, missions, values, and growth behaviors.
2. Completing the Application
You can also use your LinkedIn profile or resume/CV to preload the online application.
Just make sure to update the fields with relevant experience for the job you are applying for.
If you know someone within NCDC who could provide you a referral, contact them with the requisition number on the job description and they can process the referral in the system.
4. Follow Online
After completing the application, follow NCDC social media pages to keep up to date on job openings.
NCDC Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
NCDC job shortlisted candidates will be notified shortly after the application process.
To stay updated regarding the NCDC recruitment, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
I wish you success in your job application.