Are you interested in knowing Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment process, job vacancies starting and closing date, positions, careers, opportunities, employment, freshers, internship and graduate trainee program, salary, and online application form portal?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
Ensure to take your time and read this article to the end if you’re really serious about achieving your dream and career goal this year.
Nigeria Immigration Service
The Nigeria Immigration Service is responsible according to the act establishing it for:
- The control of persons entering or leaving Nigeria.
- The issuance of travel documents, to bona fide Nigerians in and outside Nigeria.
- The issuance of residence permits to foreigners in Nigeria.
- Border surveillance and patrol.
- Enforcement of laws and regulations with which we have been directly charged.
Services of the Nigeria Immigration Service
- Convention Travel Document
- ECOWAS Travel Certificate
- Residence Permit
- Visa On Arrival Process
Study Courses for NIS Job
To work in the Nigeria Immigration Service, these are the best courses to study:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Public Administration
Benefits of Working in NIS
- Learn new skills, including digital, persuasive communication, leadership, administrative, technical and social skills.
- Paid vacation and holidays, parental and maternity leave, free health and dental care, room for personal development.
- Get a regular paycheck or salary credited in your account every month.
- You will learn from being around people with unique skills, diverse backgrounds, and levels of experience who are willing to share what they know.
NIS Salary Structure
NIS treats all its employees with respect and dignity, and promotes diversity in the workplace.
The lowest worker job at NIS earns at least ₦65,000 monthly.
NIS recruitment portal is currently open for application.
Candidates interested in applying for the NIS recruitment can do so via the online portal.
The recruitment process is free and NIS only accepts job applications through the Careers website.
NIS never seeks fees from job applicants under any circumstances.
Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job.
If you receive a job offer you believe is fraudulent, contact your local law enforcement agency.
To apply and get a job with the Nigeria Immigration Service, visit the online recruitment portal.
After the application, it will take about 1 – 3 weeks to get hired for work in NIS.
NIS Recruitment Process
The following is an outline of process and tips on how to best showcase your talent and experience.
- Apply Online
- Job Offer
- Background Check
NIS Recruitment Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements for Nigeria Immigration Service job:
- Applicants must present a valid I.D card.
- Be a Nigerian citizen by birth or descent.
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment into the Service.
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment.
- Be of excellent character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence.
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres.
- Must hold a degree in related study courses from an esteemed university.
- Not less than 1.7 metres in height for male and 1.64 metres for female.
- Not less than 18 years or more than 35 years of age.
NIS Job Application Tips
After browsing the job descriptions and ensuring you meet the requirements, experience and qualifications for the position, here are some tips to help you with the application process.
1. Be Curious About the Service
Be curious about the organization and read about the culture, missions, values, and growth behaviors.
2. Completing the Application
You can also use your LinkedIn profile or resume/CV to preload the online application.
Just make sure to update the fields with relevant experience for the job you are applying for.
If you know someone within NIS who could provide you a referral, contact them with the requisition number on the job description and they can process the referral in the system.
4. Follow Online
After completing the application, follow NIS social media pages to keep up to date on job openings.
NIS Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
The NIS job shortlisted candidates will be notified shortly after the application process.
To stay updated regarding the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
I wish you success in your job application.