Do you want to know how to pay the NHIF penalty, contribution, byproduct, and card via MPESA for company, employer, employees, and self-employed in Kenya?
If YES, then this is the only post to read today.
Pay NHIF via MPESA
How to pay the NHIF via MPESA is a common challenge among Kenyans.
The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a government corporation that provides medical covers to Kenyans over the age of 18.
Membership can be through an employer, or one can apply individually.
Registration is eligible for members both from the formal and informal sectors.
Some services that NHIF covers include inpatient and outpatient services, maternity services, cancer treatment, renal dialysis, among others.
The contributions of voluntary and self-employed are Ksh. 500 per month.
You can decide how many months you want to pay for.
It is an important service to subscribe to and you can pay for it via MPESA.
The most popular mode of payment is using Mpesa, as it is easy and convenient.
NHIF Registration Requirements
Here are the requirements for NHIF registration:
- Copies of National ID.
- A copy of the employer’s Introductory letter (This excludes those voluntary and self-employed contributors).
- Colored passport photos.
- Original and copies of the birth certificate of the dependents.
How to Pay NHIF via MPESA
Here are the right steps to pay the NHIF via Mpesa:
- Go to your MPESA menu and select Lipa na MPESA.
- Select Paybill and enter 200222 as the business/pay bill number.
- Select Account no and enter contributor’s National ID Number.
- Enter amount (KES 500.00 per month).
- Enter your MPESA PIN.
- Confirm all details are correct, then press OK.
You will receive a confirmation SMS from MPESA immediately.
The payment will take 2 to 3 days to reflect.
You can also pay at any of the 4 bank accounts at National bank, Co-operative bank, KCB bank and Equity bank.
Use your MEMBERSHIP NUMBER to pay.
It reflects immediately in the system.
How do you know you have paid NHIF?
You can easily check the status of your account using a mobile phone by carrying out the following steps:
- Compose a new SMS.
- Type the letters “ID”, space, then your ID number.
- Send the SMS to 21101.
As a result, you will get a reply showing your member’s number, your ID number, year of birth, your last contributions, and your dependents.