Do you want to know how to reverse mpesa till number, wrong paybill transaction, and money withdrawal from agent after 24 hours?
If YES, then this is the only post to read today.
How to Reverse MPESA
It is important to know how to reverse MPESA transaction fast if you send money to the wrong number.
Hakikisha is a service that allows MPESA customers to confirm the recipient’s name and/or number before completing a transaction.
This service is available for all customers, on all handsets.
Hakikisha allows customers to confirm that the recipients they intend to send money to are correct before completing the transaction.
By confirming these details, customers avoid losing funds by sending money to unintended/the wrong recipients.
Customers can use Hakikisha for sending money, depositing and/or withdrawal from an MPESA agent, Lipa na MPESA – merchant and paybill transactions.
These details can be confirmed by customers using Hakikisha:
- Send Money – Recipients name and number, transaction amount and transaction cost.
- MPESA deposit and withdrawal at agent – MPESA Agent number, name and deposit amount.
- Paybill transactions – Partner name, paybill number, account number, transaction amount, and transaction cost.
- Buy goods transactions – Merchants name, till number, transaction amount, and transaction cost.
MPESA customers can use Hakikisha on the various transaction channels:
- MPESA APP
- mySafaricom APP
- MPESA Sim Tool Kit
- MPESA USSD (*334#)
Best Ways to Reverse MPESA Fast
1. Request for an MPESA reversal on the APP
The transaction must have been done by the customer himself/herself.
The transaction must have been done using the MPESA APP in order to request for a reversal from the APP.
The transaction must just have been concluded – reversal requests for historical transactions cannot be raised on the MPESA APP.
Once you complete a transaction and realize it was erroneous, tap on the Reverse transaction icon on the MPESA APP.
You will be presented with reasons you want to start the reversal.
Select the reversal reason – e.g., wrong amount, wrong recipient, other, etc.
The reversal request will be submitted immediately.
You will get a notification that the reversal request has been received and an update will be shared in 2 minutes.
Within a few seconds, you will be notified that the transaction reversal has been started, and an update will be shared within 2 hours.
Safaricom will at this point engage the 2nd party for the reversal.
You are encouraged to check your messages for an update from the header “Reversal”.
Once successfully reversed, you will receive feedback that the reversal has been successfully completed.
2. Request for an MPESA reversal via SMS to 456
Follow these steps to request for a reversal on 456:
- After completing the transaction, send the complete message to 456.
- You will receive a response from “Reversal” that the request for a reversal has been started, and that an update will be shared within 2 hours.
- You are encouraged to check your messages for an update from the header “Reversal” on the status of the reversal.
3. Request for an MPESA reversal on the mySafaricom APP
To request for an MPESA reversal on the mySafaricom APP:
- The transaction must be done by the customer himself/herself.
- The transaction must have been done using the mySafaricom APP.
- After completing the transaction, tap on the Reverse transaction icon.
- You will be asked to confirm if you want to raise a reversal request.
- You will be notified that the reversal request has been received for processing and feedback will be received within 2 minutes.
- You will then receive a message from “Reversal” updating you that the reversal request has been started.
- Follow-up with the recipient will be done and feedback will be shared within 2 hours.
- You are encouraged to check your messages for an update from the header “Reversal”.
4. Request for an MPESA reversal by chatting with Zuri
- To request for an MPESA reversal from Zuri, save Zuri’s number – 0722000100.
- Go to WhatsApp to start a conversation with Zuri – type “Hello”.
- Zuri will then respond with several options for customers to choose from, e.g., Manage subscriptions, MPESA Help and Reversal, Loans and savings, Tunukiwa, etc.
- Respond with option2 – MPESA Help and Reversal.
- Respond with option 1 – Reverse.
- Customers will be asked to type the MPESA transaction code or copy and paste the entire message as the message.
- Confirm your phone number.
- You will be asked to confirm your MPESA details by keying in your MPESA PIN to authenticate that the number you are using is indeed yours.
- You will get a notification on WhatsApp that the reversal request has been received and an update will be shared shortly.
- The recipient will be contacted for consent before the reversal is completed.
Safaricom provides several ways in which you can perform MPesa reversal for money sent to the wrong number.
First, confirm the details of the recipient using Safaricom’s Hakikisha.
After that, you can reverse the money by forwarding the MPESA transaction SMS to 456, chat with Zuri, contact customer care, reverse at an agent, use MySafaricom or MPESA App, or dial *100#.