Where can a physics/industrial physics student do industrial training in Nigeria in 2019?
These is probably one of the questions you’ve been asking and looking for useful answers in order to commence your compulsory industrial training this year or next.
You don’t have to worry again, because you’re at the right place. I will teach you in brief what physics is all about, skills needed as a physics industrial training student and where you could undergo your own industrial training in Nigeria.
What Is Physics? It’s Philosophy & Objectives In Nigeria
Physics is the natural science that involves the study of matter and its motion and behavior through space and time, along with related concepts such as energy and force. As one of the most fundamental scientific disciplines, the main goal of physics is to understand how the universe behaves.
Physics intersects with many interdisciplinary areas of research, such as biophysics and quantum chemistry, and the boundaries of physics are not rigidly defined. New ideas in physics often explain the fundamental mechanisms of other sciences while opening new avenues of research in areas such as mathematics and philosophy.
Physics also makes significant contributions through advances in new technologies that arise from theoretical breakthroughs. For example, advances in the understanding of electromagnetism or nuclear physics led directly to the development of new products that have dramatically transformed modern-day society, such as television, computers, domestic appliances, and nuclear weapons; advances in thermodynamics led to the development of industrialization, and advances in mechanics inspired the development of calculus.
Scope Of Physics
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Atomic and nuclear physics
Admission Requirement In Most Nigerian Institutions
In addition to the general university requirements, candidates are required to have credit level passes in the S.S.C.E or five ‘O’ level credit passes in the GCE Examination in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and at least a PASS in English Language.
Skills Required By Physics Industrial Training Students & Graduates In Nigeria:
- Research Skills.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and report on data.
- Strong communication skills.
- Methodical approach.
- IT skills
- Analytical skills
- Numeracy and math
- Preparing reports
- Presentation skills
- Time management
- Practical skills.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Scientific skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail Problem solving and logical thinking
- Skills with various computer applications and technology
- Planning skills
- Strong observational skills
Physics Industrial Training Students & Graduates In Nigeria Can Work In:
- Energy Industries/Companies
- Metallurgical Industries/Companies
- Petrochemicals Industries/Companies
- Power Production Industries/Companies
- Plastics and Polymers Industries/Companies
- Science & Telecommunications Industries/Companies
- Nuclear Industries/Companies
- Mechanical Industries/Companies/Workshops
- Robotics & Artificial Intelligence Industries/Companies
- Satellite Technology & Space Exploration Industries/Companies
- Climate Forecasting Industries/Companies
- Engineering Industries/Companies
Having known all these important tips, if you’re now ready to learn how you could easily secure possible SIWES placement for your physics industrial training in 2019, then quickly read this post below.
Finally, do you have questions on how or where a physics/industrial physics student in Nigeria can undergo his/her industrial training? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment. I’ll readily reply.
And Please don’t forget to share this post on social media using the sharing buttons below, so that your friends and course mates can equally benefit from it. Thanks.