Are you interested in knowing SSS recruitment process, job vacancies starting and closing date, positions, careers, opportunities, employment program with the online application form portal?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
Ensure to take your time and read this article to the end if you’re really serious about achieving your dream and career goal this year.
State Security Service
The State Security Service (SSS) has its roots in pre-colonial Nigeria.
It formally came into existence in 1948 with the establishment of the then “E” Department (Special Branch) domiciled in the Office of the Inspector General of the Nigeria Police Force.
Roles and Functions of SSS
The State Security Service (SSS) is enabled to perform its roles and functions chiefly by Instrument SSS No. 1 of 1999 made under Section 6 of the National Security Agencies (NSA) Act 1986 Cap. 74, LFN 2004.
SSS functions include:
- Prevention and detection of any crime against the internal security of Nigeria.
- Protection and preservation of all non-military classified matters concerning the internal security of Nigeria.
- Prevention, detection and investigation of threats of espionage, subversion, sabotage, terrorism, separatist agitations, inter-group conflicts, economic crimes of the national security dimension, and threats to law and order.
- Provision of protective security for designated principal Government functionaries, sensitive installations and visiting dignitaries.
- Provision of timely advice to Government on all matters of National security interest.
- Such other functions as may, from time to time, be assigned to it.
Benefits of Working in SSS
- Learn new skills, including digital, persuasive communication, leadership, administrative, technical and social skills.
- Room for personal development.
- Get a regular paycheck or salary credited in your account every month.
- You will learn from being around people with unique skills, diverse backgrounds, and levels of experience who will share what they know.
SSS Salary Structure
SSS treats all its employees with respect and dignity, and promotes diversity in the workplace.
The lowest worker at SSS earns at least ₦105,500 monthly.
SSS recruitment process is free and the portal for application is currently open.
SSS never seeks fees from job applicants under any circumstances.
Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job.
If you receive a job offer you believe is fraudulent, contact your local law enforcement agency.
To apply and get a job with SSS, prospective applicants are expected to submit a hand-written application alongside relevant documents to SSS Commands and formations domiciled in their states of origin.
After the application, it will take about 1 – 3 weeks to get hired for work in SSS.
SSS Recruitment Process
The following outlines process and tips on how to best showcase your talent and experience.
- Apply Online
- Job Offer
- Background Check
SSS Recruitment Requirements
Here are the eligibility requirements for SSS job in Nigeria:
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit for the job.
- Applicants must present a valid I.D card.
- Decent verbal and written communication.
- Must hold a degree in related study courses from an esteemed university.
- Must not have any criminal record as at the time of the application.
- Not older than 30 years old.
- You should possess a Nigeria’s birth certificate, which justifies that you are a legitimate citizen of the country.
- You shouldn’t be shorter than 1.7m (male) or 1.64m (female).
SSS Job Application Tips
After browsing the job descriptions and ensuring you meet the requirements, experience and qualifications for the position, here are some tips to help you with the application process.
1. Be Curious About the Organization
Be curious about the organization and read about the culture, missions, values, and growth behaviors.
2. Completing the Application
You can also use your LinkedIn profile or resume/CV to preload the online application.
Just update the fields with relevant experience for the job you are applying for.
If you know someone within the organization who could provide you a referral, contact them with the requisition number on the job description and they can process the referral in the system.
4. Follow Online
After completing the application, follow SSS social media pages to keep up to date on job openings and to learn more about the job.
SSS Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
The SSS job shortlisted candidates will be published shortly after the application process.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a pre-screening examination aimed at testing their ability and readiness to assume their post.
The exam will take place in different centres around the country, meaning you should endeavor to locate your own venue before the set date.
Having done the exam, other information will be passed across to you via the email address or phone number you provide in your credentials.
To stay updated regarding the SSS recruitment, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
I wish you success in your job application.