Where can an urban & regional planning student do industrial training in Nigeria in 2019?
Urban planning is a technical and political process concerned with the development and design of land use and the built environment, including air, water, and the infrastructure passing into and out of urban areas, such as transportation, communications, and distribution networks.
Urban planning deals with physical layout of human settlements.
The primary concern is the public welfare, which includes considerations of efficiency, sanitation, protection and use of the environment, as well as effects on social and economic activities.
Skills & Competencies Required In Urban & Regional Planning
- Knowledge of planning law and legislation;
- Finance and policy development;
- Strategic thinking;
- Analytical research;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Understanding of social economic issues.
- Understanding of environmental and cultural issues.
- Mediation and negotiation skills.
- Making a reasoned argument;
- Professional report writing and presentation;
- Partnership working and collaboration.
- Pragmatism and sensitivity.
Firms Where Urban & Regional Planning Students Can Do Industrial Training In Nigeria
There are a host of places, firms, private and government agencies where you can find useful career/I.T opportunities as an Urban & Regional Planner. They include:
- Building Control Surveying Firms
- Consulting & Contracting Firms
- Design Engineering Firms
- Site Engineering Firms
- Structural Engineering Firms
- Water Engineering Firms
- Building services Firms
- Construction Firms
- Engineering Geological Firms
- Environmental Consultancy Firms
Having known all these important tips, if you’re now ready to learn how you could easily secure possible SIWES placement for your industrial training then quickly read this post below.
Finally, do you have any questions on where an urban & regional planning student in Nigeria can undergo his/her industrial training? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment. I’ll readily reply.
And Please don’t forget to share this post on social media using the sharing buttons below, so that your friends and course mates can equally benefit from it. Thanks.