Have you been having issues with your UBA account?
Have you lost interest in your UBA account?
Maybe because of something you’ve noticed in the bank management that doesn’t sit well with you.
Do you want to know how to block your UBA account?
If the answer is yes! Do not worry; all the information you need is right here.
Note that when you block your account, you will no longer have access to such an account.
However, you can still unlock the account when you desire to, but it shouldn’t take too long.
So, if it looks like what you’re searching for, keep reading!
Reasons to Block a UBA Account
Before you started thinking about blocking your UBA account, I believed some things may have happened that triggered that thought.
However, here are the common reasons you can block your bank account:
1. Suspected Fraud
You can block your bank account when you notice any unauthorized or suspicious transactions on your UBA account.
Once you detect any unusual activity in your account, it is essential to contact the bank immediately.
Blocking the account can help prevent further fraudulent activities and protect your funds.
2. Lost or Stolen Card Details
If you lose your UBA Bank card or suspect your account information has been compromised, blocking the account is essential to prevent unauthorized access and potential financial loss.
If you lose your card or it is stolen, it is very important to contact your bank instantly to report the incident and have them block your account to avoid any fraudulent transactions on the account.
However, it would be best if you safeguard and protect your debit card information.
3. Identity Theft
Immediately you suspect that your identity has been stolen and someone might have gained unauthorized access to your UBA Bank account; blocking the account can mitigate the risk and protect your identity and finances.
4. Closure of Account
You may decide to block your UBA account if you want to switch banks or no longer require the services of UBA.
It’s essential to follow the bank’s procedures to ensure a smooth account closure process.
5. Services Dissatisfaction
If you’re unhappy with the services provided by UBA, such as poor customer service or excessive fees, consider closing your account and moving to a different bank that better suits your banking needs.
Blocking your account is a way for you to show your dissatisfaction with the bank management.
It is your right as a customer to end your relationship with the bank if you’re no longer satisfied with their services/the way they operate.
How to Block Your UBA Bank Account
Here are the best ways to block your UBA bank account fast:
1. Mobile App
If your UBA account is no longer meeting your banking expectations and you wish to block the account using the mobile app, here is what to do:
- Download the UBA mobile app from PlayStore if you’ve not.
- Install it on your phone.
- Log in using your correct details.
- Navigate to the account management section in the app.
- Search for the options related to blocking an account.
- Choose the UBA account if you have multiple accounts there.
- Ensure to follow all the instructions that pop up on your screen.
- You will see a prompt that requires you to review and be sure your action was successful.
Note that after blocking your UBA account, you will no longer have access to your money.
Follow these steps to block your UBA account via phone:
- Contact customer care service via email, or call them on the phone.
- Provide the information, like your account details, and other personal information.
- The customer care representative may ask you to verify your identity for security reasons while they guide you through blocking your account.
- Call using 07002255822, (+234) 01-2808822 (2808 UBA), (+234) 01-6319822, (+234) 07002255-822.
Compose a detailed message and send it to the UBA customer care email address stating clearly that you want your account blocked and don’t forget to include your account details and other necessary information to help them identify your account.
You can reach them using this email address email@example.com.
4. In Person
If you desire to have your UBA account blocked in person, walk into any of the bank branches close to you and do these:
- Go with all your documents.
- Meet with any of the customer service personnel present.
- Provide all the information required for closing an account.
- Explain to the Customer care personnel the reason you want to close your account.
- Follow all the guides by the customer service representative.
- Fill out the form.
- Verify closure.
- Monitor your account activity.
5. Social Media
Facebook and WhatsApp are other options for those seeking to block their UBA account, albeit they are not strongly advisable.
Because of their ease of use, WhatsApp and Facebook are perhaps the most significant messaging applications you can find today.
By just speaking with “Leo,” you can get your account blocked quickly.
I know you’re wondering who Leo is?
Leo is an artificial intelligence developed by UBA.
LEO has recently been made available to consumers via WhatsApp and is already accessible in over 14 African branches, including Nigeria, and in three different languages.
You can save 0903010007 on your phone to chat with Leo on WhatsApp.
Then, send Leo a request to “freeze your account” or “block card” over Facebook or WhatsApp to have your account or card blocked.
Make sure that you’re chatting with the right Leo.
To do this, ensure the Leo you are talking with has a blue verification tick before proceeding.
To block your UBA account using the USSD code, follow these steps:
- Dial the USSD code for UBA on your mobile device. It is usually in the format *919# or *826#.
- Select the option for “Account Services” or “Account Management.”
- Look for an option related to “Block Account” or “Account Block.”
- Follow the prompts or enter the required information to start the account-blocking process.
- Confirm your selection and follow any additional instructions provided.
- You may be requested to provide your account details, such as the account number or other personal account information. Make sure you give accurate details.
- When you have completed the processes stated above, the USSD system will ask that you confirm your request to block your account.
- Block your account.
- Once done, review all you’ve done so far and be sure it is successful.
How long does it take to block a UBA account?
The timeframe for blocking a UBA account can vary and the bank’s internal processes.
The account should be blocked immediately after the action is carried out.
Will I still have access to my funds after blocking my UBA account?
Once your UBA account is blocked, access to funds through that account will be restricted instantly.
However, you may access your funds through alternative means, such as visiting a UBA branch.