Candidates seeking admission to universities, polytechnics, colleges of education in Nigeria should know about JAMB CAPS portal, which allows them to login with registration number, check and accept or reject their admission offer and track their admission status.
The JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an admission processing system that is geared towards ensuring quality control, transparency, and making the admission process efficient.
The goal of CAPS is to totally curb the problem of a candidate having multiple admission.
If this happens, other candidates can take the space that the institution would have offered to another candidate who has been admitted to more than one school.
It’s JAMB’s way of creating an atmosphere where prospective students can be admitted to the school of their choice.
Hence, with your CAPS login, you can see the admission you’ve gained and can reject or accept the provisional admission given to you by any institution.
You can use your JAMB registration number to check your admission status on the JAMB CAPS.
JAMB CAPS not only automates the process, but some other innovations are also being introduced.
- Admissions can be processed in batches and instantaneously, with candidates being able to check their admission status at any point in time on the portal.
- Market place to enable institutions to source candidates from the pool based on various criteria such as score, state, local government and even gender of the candidates.
- Opportunities for candidates to confirm provisional admissions, thus eliminating cases of candidates abandoning admissions.
- The requirement for all awaiting O’level results candidates to upload their results into the JAMB portal before being considered for admission.
Some institutions may not publish the list of candidates admitted into their various programmes on their own portal or notice board.
So, admission seekers are advised to check JAMB CAPS to track their admission status continually.
JAMB CAPS Login
Here are the steps to login to JAMB CAPS online:
- Open a browser on your phone.
- Visit the online portal.
- A page will open where you enter your username and password and click on the login icon.
Requirements to Check JAMB Admission Online
Here are the requirements to check your admission status online on the JAMB CAPS.
- Email address.
- JAMB registration number.
- Internet connection.
- Payment for JAMB admission letter.
- Smartphone or Personal Computer (PC).
How to Check JAMB Admission Status Online
Here are the steps to check and accept or reject admission on the JAMB CAPS.
- With your internet browser, visit the JAMB facility portal.
- Click on Create e-Facility Account/Log in.
- Enter your JAMB email address and password to login.
- Select your JAMB examination year.
- Click on Check Admission Status
- Click on Access my CAPS.
- Click on Admission Status.
- Accept Admission.
How to Check JAMB Admission Status Without Email Address
You can check your JAMB admission status without an email address using SMS on your phone.
This process will cost you fifty naira (₦50).
Here are the steps to check your JAMB admission status without email:
- Open the SMS app on your phone.
- Type 55019 or 66019 as SMS recipient.
- Enter Status + Exam year as your message. Example STATUS 2023.
- Click on the Send SMS button.
- You will receive your admission status via SMS.
JAMB CAPS Admission Status
These are the different profiles for the JAMB CAPS:
- Not Admitted
- Admission in Process
- Accept Admission
- Transfer of Admission
1. Not Admitted
Admission status showing not admitted means you are yet to be accepted by your school of choice.
It could also mean that you have admission but have failed to upload your O’level.
2. Admission in Process
Admission in process means acceptance by your school of choice.
The CAPS system is currently reviewing your O’level result.
The process will fail if you are yet or recently uploaded your O’level result.
3. Accept or Reject Admission
Congratulations, you have been offered a provisional admission is a message you will see after final processing by the JAMB CAPS.
You can click Accept.
4. Transfer of Admission
Transfer of admission means that your school of choice is considering transferring you to another department.
It happens when you do not meet the cut-off mark for the course of your choice.
How to Accept Admission on JAMB CAPS
Under CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED ADMISSION, the Accept and Reject buttons will appear.
To accept your admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, simply click on the accept button.
You will see something like, “caps.jamb.gov.ng says, are you sure you want to accept this admission offer?
Then click on okay to accept your admission.
After accepting your admission offer, exit or refresh the page so that you are not asked to accept admission again, even when you have already accepted.
After accepting the admission, the Reject Admission button will be blank.
You can no longer click on the link. Accept admission link will still be clickable.
Under the accept admission button, you will see Record(s) Successfully updated!
How to Reject Admission on JAMB CAPS
To Reject your admission on the CAPS portal, simply click on the Reject button.
You will be asked, “are you sure you want to reject the admission?
Reject the admission if you are not okay with the school and course you are admitted to study.
After rejecting the admission status, the Accept button will be blank.
You can no longer click on the link. Reject admission link will still be clickable.
Under the reject admission button, you will see Record(s) Successfully updated!
School admission is the list released by your school of choice.
Every tertiary institution in Nigeria has different methods of releasing its admission list.
- PDF admission list
- School Portal
- Notice Board Publication
- Newspaper Publication
- SMS Notification
- Successfully admitted candidates are advised to ensure that they show the acceptance or rejection of admission online and do so timely to enable the processing of their admission.
- Candidates who have not been admitted should closely monitor their admission through JAMB CAPS.
- Candidates who used “awaiting result” during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on the JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will process their admission.
How to Upload O’Level Result on the JAMB Portal
- Visit an accredited JAMB CBT centre, office or registration centre/café closest to you.
- Ensure you go along with a copy of your O’level result (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) as well as the email address you used during the online registration and your JAMB profile code.
- Once you get there, request for an upload of your O’level result on JAMB portal.
JAMB CAPS login is the same for all schools in Nigeria.
It is the same way to check online to accept or reject your admission status for these universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education:
- Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
- Abia State University (ABSU), Uturu
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU)
- Adamawa State University (ADSU), Mubi
- Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA), Akungba
- Adeseun Ogundoyin Polytechnic
- Adeyemi College of Education
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria
- Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT)
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic
- Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU)
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma
- Anambra State University of Science and Technology, Uli
- Auchi Polytechnic Auchi, Edo
- Babcock University
- Bamidele Olumilua University of Science and Technology Ikere, Ekiti State
- Bauchi State University, Gadau (BASUG)
- Bayelsa Medical University
- Bayero University (BUK)
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Benue State University (BSU), Makurdi
- Bornu State University (BOSU), Maiduguri
- Bowen University
- Bukar Abba Ibrahim University, Damaturu
- Captain Elechi Amadi Polytechnic Rumuola, Port Harcourt
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU), Anambra State
- College of Education, Minna
- Cross River University of Technology
- D.S Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic
- David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences, Uburu, Ebonyi State
- Delta State Polytechnic Otefe Oghara
- Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro
- Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka
- Delta University of Science and Technology, Ozoro
- Dennis Osadebe University, Asaba
- Eastern Palm University Ogboko, Imo State (EPU)
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU), Abakaliki
- Edo University Iyamho (EUI)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal College of Agriculture, Akure
- Federal Cooperative College, Kaduna
- Federal Polytechnic Ede, Osun
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko
- Federal University Gashua (FUGASHUA)
- Federal University Lafia, Nasarawa
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Zuru, Kebbi State
- Federal University of Health Sciences, Azare, Bauchi State
- Federal University of Health Sciences, Ila Orangun, Osun State
- Federal University of Health Technology, Otukpo, Benue
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE), Effurun
- Federal University of Technology (FUTO), Owerri
- Federal University of Technology (FUTA), Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Babura, Jigawa State
- Federal University of Technology, Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom State
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University, Dustin-Ma (FUDMA)
- Federal University, Dutse (FUD)
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State (FULOKOJA)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa (FUOTUOKE)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE)
- Federal University, Wukari (FUWUKARI), Taraba State
- Gombe State University (GSU), Gombe
- Heritage Polytechnic
- Hezekiah University
- Ibaraba Polytechic
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State
- Igbajo Polytechic
- Igbinedion University
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Kano University of Science and Technology
- Kebbi State University (KSUST), Kebbi
- Kogi State Polytechnic
- Kogi State University (KSU), Anyigba
- Kwara State College of Health Technology
- Kwara State University (KWASU), Ilorin
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Madonna University, Okija
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture (MOUAU), Umudike
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology (MAUTECH), Yola
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos (NOUN)
- Niger Delta University (NDU)
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudil (NPA)
- Nigerian Army University Biu (NAUB)
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA)
- Nigerian Maritime University Okerenkoko, Delta State (NMU)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK), Awka
- Northwest University Kano NWU
- Nuhu Bamali Polytechnic
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Oduduwa University
- Ogun State University of Technology
- Oke Ogun Polytechnic, Saki
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology, (OSUSTECH), Okitipupa
- Osun State College of Education
- Osun State College of Technology
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Our Saviour Polytechnic Enugu (OSISATECH)
- Oyo State Technical University Ibadan (Tech-U)
- Plateau State Polytechnic
- Plateau State University
- Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Rivers State University
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic
- Samuel Adegboyega University
- Sokoto State University (SSU)
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa, Jigawa (SLU)
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- Tansian University, Umunya, Anambra State
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TASU)
- Temple Gate Polytechnic
- The Auchi Polytechnic
- The Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni (IAUE)
- The Polytechnic Ibadan
- Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada (UNIABUJA)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Cross River State (UNICROSS)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Mkar (UMM)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Yobe State University, Damaturu (YSU)
- Zamfara State University
You can only get your JAMB admission letter after acceptance on the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS).
If you mistakenly accepted admission when you have not been admitted by any school yet, then it’s no issue.
However, your admission is gone if you reject it.