Do you want to know the NYSC passing out parade (POP) date, timetable, requirements, payment, congratulations message, wishes, prayers, and quotes?
If YES, then this is the only post to read.
NYSC Passing Out Parade (POP)
NYSC POP stands for National Youth Service Corps Passing Out Parade.
It is a ceremony that marks the end of the compulsory one-year national service for Nigerian graduates.
The POP is held annually in different states of Nigeria.
During the ceremony, corps members receive their certificates of national service and perform a march past in their distinctive white and green NYSC uniforms.
The event is typically attended by senior government officials, representatives of the NYSC, and family and friends of the corps members.
The NYSC POP is a time for celebration, reflection, and thanksgiving.
The ceremony typically includes a parade of corps members, speeches from dignitaries, and the presentation of awards to outstanding corps members.
The NYSC POP date is announced a few weeks before the next orientation exercise to allow corps members to prepare adequately for the event.
The NYSC POP ceremony includes the following events:
- Inspection of corps members by officials from the NYSC: This is a formal ceremony where the corps members are inspected by NYSC officials to ensure that they are properly dressed and ready for the parade.
- Presentation of certificates of national service to corps members: This is a significant moment where the corps members are officially recognized for their service to their country.
- March past by corps members in a colorful parade: This is a lively event where the corps members march in formation to the beat of music and chanting. The parade also features a display of different cultural groups from across Nigeria.
- Administration of the oath of allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria: This is a solemn ceremony where the corps members pledge their allegiance to their country.
- Address by officials and guest speakers: Senior government officials, representatives of the NYSC, and other dignitaries may give speeches at the POP ceremony to congratulate the corps members on their service and to encourage them to continue to contribute to the development of Nigeria.
NYSC Batch C Stream 1 Passing Out Parade (POP) Date
According to the NYSC, the Passing Out Parade (POP) for Batch C, Stream 1 is scheduled to take place on October 16, 2023.
The POP is held in states in Nigeria
The NYSC Batch C Stream 1 comprises corps members who were mobilized last year.
The POP will be a ceremony to mark the end of their service to the nation.
The POP will be attended by senior government officials, representatives of the NYSC, and other dignitaries.
It will be a time to celebrate the corps members for their service and to wish them well in their future endeavors.
One or two weeks after the NYSC passing out parade for Batch C, Stream 1 is concluded, the orientation exercise for the next batch of corps members will begin.
NYSC POP Timetable for 2023
NYSC usually holds the POP for Batch A at the end of May or early June, POP for Batch B at the end of August or early September, and the POP for Batch C at the end of November or early December.
The exact date of the POP will depend on several factors, such as the number of corps members to be mobilized, the availability of venues, and the weather.
The NYSC will usually announce the POP timetable a few weeks in advance.
Check the NYSC website or social media pages for updates.
NYSC POP Requirements
Here are the requirements for the NYSC passing out parade:
- Completed the mandatory one-year service year.
- Got a clearance certificate from your Place of Primary Assignment (PPA).
- Have your NYSC identification card and final clearance slip.
- Pay all outstanding fees (if applicable).
- Adhere to the dress code for the event (usually the NYSC uniform with crested vest and jungle boots).
How to Prepare for NYSC POP
Here are the steps to prepare for NYSC passing out parade:
- Have all the required documents and fees paid before the event date.
- Rehearse the parade march and familiarize yourself with the different commands and signals.
- Arrive at the venue early to avoid missing your allocated time.
- Be fully kitted on your NYSC uniform (cap, crested vest, khaki trouser, belt, jungle boot).
- Come to the venue with your writing pen to use for the signing of your certificate.
- Rest and stay hydrated to avoid fatigue and heat exhaustion during the parade.
- Take lots of pictures and videos to capture the memories of your NYSC service year and the POP ceremony.
- Celebrate your achievements with your fellow corps members and loved ones after the event.
NYSC Passing Out Parade (POP) Congratulations Message
Here is a sample NYSC passing out parade congratulations message, wishes, prayers, and quotes:
Congratulations on your NYSC Passing Out Parade!
I am so proud of you for completing your one-year national service. You have made us all proud.
I know that the past year has been challenging, but you have persevered and shown great strength and dedication.
You have learned a lot about yourself and about Nigeria, and you have made a difference in the lives of many people.
I am confident that you will continue to achieve great things in your life.
You are a valuable asset to Nigeria, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
May God bless you and keep you.
As a parent, sibling, or friend to a corps member passing out, here are some other things you can say in your congratulations message:
- Highlight their accomplishments during their service year. For example, you could mention if they won any awards, volunteered for any special projects, or helped to improve their community.
- Express your pride in them for completing their service. Let them know how proud you are of their hard work and dedication.
- Wish them well in their future endeavors. Encourage them to continue to serve their country and to make a difference in the world.
- Offer your support. Let them know you are there for them if they need anything.
NYSC Passing Out Speech
Here is a farewell speech for outgoing corpers:
Good morning, distinguished guests, fellow corps members, and my dear friends.
I am honored to be here today to speak to you at your passing out parade. I would like to start by congratulating all of you on completing your one-year national service. You have all made us proud.
I know that the past year has been challenging, but you have persevered and shown great strength and dedication. You have learned a lot about yourself and about Nigeria, and you have made a difference in the lives of many people.
I am confident that you will continue to achieve great things in your life. You are a valuable asset to Nigeria, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the NYSC for their hard work and dedication to ensuring that our corps members have a successful and memorable national service experience.
I would also like to thank the parents and guardians of our corps members for their support and encouragement. Your support has been invaluable to our corps members.
Finally, I would like to thank my fellow corps members for their friendship and support. We have shared a lot of laughs and tears over the past year, and I will never forget the memories we have made together.
Thank you again for everything. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
May God bless you and keep you.
NYSC Double Payment for Passing Out Corpers
There is no truth to the rumor that NYSC pays double allowance to passing out corps members.
NYSC doesn’t pay double allowance at the end of service.
The NYSC has denied these claims and has stated that corps members are only paid their normal allowance for the month, which is ₦33,000.
The NYSC has urged corps members to disregard the rumor of double payment and to only accept their normal allowance for the month’s end.
The NYSC has also warned corps members against engaging in any illegal activities, such as fraud, in order to get double payment.