Do you want to know how to open kuda bank account online without BVN on the phone?
Have you ever heard of the name Kuda Bank?
Kuda is like the regular bank in Nigeria, but this time, it operates online.
These days, many people have embraced digital banking because of its convenience.
You can manage and perform all your financial transactions online without going to a physical bank.
So, for people who ask, “Can I open a Kuda account online without BVN?”
Simple answer, YES, please.
It’s easy to complete if you have a phone and internet data.
All you need to do is fill in all the bank’s required details.
How Does Kuda Bank Work?
Kuda is one of the digital banks launched in Nigeria in 2018, and amazingly, it has grown to be a household name.
Its operations and services are online, offering customers various financial services using the Kuda Bank mobile app.
It is a virtual bank with plenty of customer base.
So, you do everything online for every activity, from opening an account to customer service, transactions, and others.
Kuda Bank is a financial institution that works like a traditional bank with a physical location.
Its services include account opening, online transfers, ATM card services, savings, loans, bill payments, and airtime/data purchases.
You can send and receive funds with your account, take loans, and invest.
Also, you can open a foreign bank account on the app, too.
If you need clarification about Kuda Bank, you can now understand that it works like a regular bank.
The only difference is that all your transactions are done online on the Kuda website or mobile app.
Features of Kuda Bank
- No charges for ATM maintenance.
- No charges for cash withdrawals.
- No transfer fee for the first 25 transfers in a month.
- Virtual debit card.
- Free physical card.
Kuda Bank Account Opening Requirements
- Be up to 18 years.
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria.
- Have an email address and phone number.
- Referral code (optional).
How to Open Kuda Bank Account Without BVN on Phone
Here are the steps to open kuda bank account online without BVN on phone:
- Download the Kuda Bank app from Google Play Store (Android users), and Apple App Store (iPhone users).
- Open the Kuda Bank app and click on ” Create Account.”
- You will see some blank spaces that require you to input your personal information, like name, email address, and phone number.
- Add a username and a password (a strong password is recommended).
- Upload a document (National ID, NIN slip, driver’s license, or international passport) allowing Kuda to verify your identity.
- Wait for Kuda Bank to verify your account.
- Activate your account by setting up your PIN for the account.
- Deposit and receive funds in your account.
How to Check Kuda Account Number
Here are the ways to check your account number on Kuda:
1. Kuda Mobile App
- Use your username and password to login into your Kuda mobile app.
- Look toward the top left-hand corner of your phone screen, and you will see three horizontal lines. Click on them.
- On the menu, you will find the icon.
- Click on “Account”
- The Kuda account number appears on the screen when you click on your account.
The Kuda bank USSD is *894#, so dial the code on the phone number you used when opening your account.
When the code loads, it will display some prompts for you to follow, then select the “Check Account Number.”
You will receive a message with your account number on your phone.
When you find getting your Kuda account number challenging, there could be a couple of reasons this is happening.
You need to log into your Kuda account correctly.
So, ensure you are logged in and click on the “Account” section to display your account number.
If the number you used to dial the USSD code is not the same number tied to your Kuda Bank account, the code will not recognize the number.
This means you won’t see the amount number.
Technical issues could also be why the app or code isn’t responding.
So, try using the Kuda app or USSD code again later, and your request will be successful once the problem is gone.
When your account is frozen or inactive, you can’t check your account number, so you should complain to customer care to restore your account.
How to Recover Kuda Account With Phone Number
Here are the steps to recover your kuda bank account with phone number:
- Go to the Kuda app on your phone and open it.
- Input your username and password on the page.
- Click on “Forgotten Password”.
- A blank space will appear where you will be asked to input your email or phone number.
- Type your phone number in the area and click “Next.”
- A reset link will be sent to the phone number associated with your Kuda account.
- Check your phone for the link.
- Click on the reset link, which will redirect you to the Kuda app so you can reset your password.
- Now, you can type in a new password.
- Ensure it’s a password you can remember and confirm it.
- Save your password by clicking the “Save” button.
- After saving your password, you will be taken to the sign-in page to enter your email address or phone number and your new password.
How to Link BVN to Your Kuda Bank Account
If you want to add your BVN to your account, it means you want to upgrade the account.
When you opened the account without a BVN, you were on a Tier 1 Kuda account.
This does not mean you can’t use the account to send and receive money, buy airtime, and pay bills, but there are limits to what you can do with that account.
So, to enjoy more functions and services and carry out huge transactions, you must upgrade to a Tier 2 account, which requires you to provide your BVN number.
Here are the steps to link BVN to your Kuda Bank account:
- Log in to your Kuda account and click on the “Increase Limit” button.
- Follow the prompts on the screen and input your BVN.
- Click on “Verify Me”.
- After submitting your BVN, Kuda will review your information and approve your request.
You can use a debit card from your other bank account to fund your account on Kuda.
You only need to add your card details and transfer the funds.
Kuda doesn’t require customers to deposit any amount before opening an account, so no minimum account is needed.
With its online account opening service, Kuda makes it easy to have an account here in Nigeria.
Now you don’t have to go to the bank.
All you do is to be in the comfort of your home, workplace, or anywhere and have a bank account.
This article has shown you how to open a Kuda bank account that does not require a BVN, just your phone and internet connection.
So, brace yourself for hassle-free banking services with the Kuda mobile app.