Do you want to know how to get an access bank token code online via the app and USSD?
If YES, then this is the only post to read.
Access Bank Token App
The Access Bank Token App is a mobile app that generates one-time passwords (OTPs) for authenticating transactions on the Access Bank internet banking platform.
The app is available for iOS and Android devices.
OTPs are commonly used for online banking tasks requiring more authentication than a username and password.
This security feature ensures the safety of funds and that unauthorized users are not accessing customers’ accounts at any point.
The access bank token is supposed to be accessible immediately after authentication.
Check with the bank to see whether there are any extra processes or waiting times before the token is fully functional.
These are a few reasons you need an access bank token as a customer:
- For transferring money from your account to other banks.
- Secured codes generation.
- Conduct of FX transfer.
- For processing cash/draft in transition.
Why use an access bank token instead of passwords?
Using an access bank token is safer and secure than passwords because of these reasons:
- Generates unique codes that provide an extra factor of authentication, while passwords are human-generated and are not always safe.
- Passwords can be vulnerable to keyloggers or phishing attacks, where malicious individuals try to steal your login details, while tokens are susceptible to these things.
Types of Access Bank Token
Here are the access bank token types:
1. Hardware Token
This is the type of token that enables one-time password creation (OTP), and it’s specifically for transaction authentication.
It works as a small physical device.
Everywhere the customer goes, they can use the transportable hardware token.
2. Mobile Token
This is one of the best access bank tokens, which allows users to authenticate their payments and transactions effortlessly and securely.
It can also be accessible through a mobile app.
3. USSD Token
If you need a token that gives users access to authenticate their transactions simply by dialing the USSD code on their mobile device, then the USSD token is your go-to.
4. Tokenless Authentication
This is a type of token that offers a tokenless authentication system to customers for verification and authorization of transactions using biometrics.
5. Soft Token
This type of token allows the new generation to use mobile devices.
It is also a virtual token.
A customer’s mobile phone must have a mobile app installed in it to access a soft token.
How to Get Access Bank Token
- Visit an access bank branch close to you.
- Go to the customer care personnel on a seat or speak to the security personnel inside the bank to direct you on how to go about it.
- Once you meet the customer care representative, request an application form.
- Fill out the form with the required information.
- Ensure that you typed the correct details.
- Once you’re done reviewing the filled application form, submit it with the sum of ₦1500.
- The customer care service will direct it to an agent who will ensure that it gets to the right office.
- After reviewing your application, the person in charge will assign a token code to your account, which you will always use for the authentication of all your transactions.
- The bank will give it to you or send it as an email to you.
How to Get an Access Bank Token using a Mobile Phone
Here are the steps to get an access bank token online using the phone:
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store (depending on the device you’re using), and download the app.
- Enter entrust OTPs in the space provided.
- After entering all the required details, visit the bank for further onboarding processes.
The good thing about this process is that you will start it using your phone and later visit the bank to complete it.
Guess what? It doesn’t take time.
If your hardware token gets lost or stolen, contact the bank.
Access bank will ensure that it is deactivated right away and direct you on how to get another one.
Getting an access bank token is a quick and easy process that improves the security of your online banking activities.
Always have it in mind that the token gives an additional level of protection to your account, safeguarding the funds and private data from fraudulent access.
It is crucial to keep your token device safe and notify your bank immediately if it is lost or stolen.