Where can a chemistry/industrial chemistry student do industrial training in Nigeria in 2020?
As a chemistry/industrial chemistry student in Nigeria preparing to go for your I.T, this is probably one of the questions you’ve been asking and looking for useful answers in order to commence your compulsory industrial training this year or next.
You don’t have to worry again, because you’re at the right place. I will teach you in brief what chemistry is all about, skills needed as a chemistry industrial training student and where you could possibly undergo your own industrial training in Nigeria.
What Is Chemistry? It’s Philosophy & Objectives In Nigeria
Chemistry, is the science that deals with the properties, composition, and structure of substances (defined as elements and compounds), the transformations they undergo, and the energy that is released or absorbed during these processes.
Chemistry as a science is an essential pivot to science and technological development and therefore of national growth and attendant contribution to human welfare, health and progress. The difficulty often encountered is to know how to apply the information obtained and the theoretical concepts learnt in chemical problems.
The degree programmes are planned to present chemistry in a clear, down to earth manner that emphasizes the general principles of chemistry and blend this with practical examples which can be applied for human benefits or harm and assure our graduates of employment opportunities or an environment whereby they could be creative, innovative and seek self-employment.
Branches of Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry: The study of carbon and its compounds; the study of the chemistry of life
- Inorganic Chemistry: The study of compounds not covered by organic chemistry; the study of inorganic compounds, or compounds that don’t contain a C-H bond (many inorganic compounds contain metals)
- Analytical Chemistry: The study of the chemistry of matter and the development of tools to measure properties of matter
- Physical Chemistry: The branch of chemistry that applies physics to the study of chemistry, which commonly includes the applications of thermodynamics and quantum mechanics to chemistry
- Biochemistry: The study of chemical processes that occur inside of living organisms
Admission Requirement In Most Nigerian Institutions
In addition to the general university requirements, candidates are required to have credit level passes in the S.S.C.E or five ‘O’ level credit passes in the GCE Examination in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and at least a PASS in English Language.
Skills Required By Chemistry Industrial Training Students & Graduates In Nigeria:
- Research Skills.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and report on data.
- Strong communication skills.
- Methodical approach.
- IT skills
- Analytical skills
- Numeracy and math
- Preparing reports
- Presentation skills
- Time management
- Practical skills.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Scientific skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail Problem solving and logical thinking
- Skills with various computer applications and technology
- Planning skills
- Strong observational skills
Chemistry Industrial Training Students & Graduates In Nigeria Can Work In:
- Agrochemicals Industries/Companies
- Metallurgical Industries/Companies
- Petrochemicals Industries/Companies
- Pharmaceuticals Industries/Companies
- Plastics and Polymers Industries/Companies
- Toiletries Industries/Companies
- Chemical Industries/Companies
- Food Production Industries/Companies
- Research Institutes
- Nuclear Industries/Companies
Having known all these important tips, if you’re now ready to learn how you could easily secure possible SIWES placement for your chemistry industrial training in 2020, then quickly read this post below.
Finally, do you have questions on how or where a chemistry/industrial chemistry student in Nigeria can undergo his/her industrial training? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment. I’ll readily reply.
And Please don’t forget to share this post on social media using the sharing buttons below, so that your friends and course mates can equally benefit from it. Thanks.
I’m very sure you want to learn and know more helpful important guides and secrets for your training through me. I’m also sure you can get the good grade and performances you desire in this programme with the help of my updates. So, why not take some seconds of your time and enter your email below let me keep showing you how.
Latest posts by Mcfidel Onyemauwa (see all)
- Medical Laboratory SIWES Logbook Sample (PDF) - September 28, 2019
- Industrial Training Placement For Mass Communication Students In Nigeria - May 18, 2019
- Urban & Regional Planning Industrial Training Placement In Nigeria - May 18, 2019