Are you asking how to delete the OPay account without email on an android phone and iPhone permanently when your phone is stolen?
If YES, then this is the only post to read.
How to Delete OPay Account
Follow these steps to delete your OPay account permanently:
- Login to the email address that you used to register your OPay account.
- Compose an email stating that you want your account to be cancelled, deleted, or deactivated.
- Make sure that the subject of your email clearly states your intention, e.g., “Request to delete OPay account”
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your email is received, OPay will process your request and block your account.
- When you deactivate your OPay account, all of your data will be permanently deleted. This includes your transaction history, account balance, and any other personal information you have stored in the app.
- Before you deactivate your OPay account, withdraw any remaining balance or cancel any pending transactions.
- If you close your account, you will lose access to your transaction history. So, download or save your transaction history before closing your account if you need to keep a record of your transactions.
- The time for account closure can vary. It can take a few business days to complete the process.
- You may reactivate your OPay account after closing it by contacting the customer support team.
- You may need to provide some personal information to verify your identity before your account can be reactivated.
How to Block OPay Account with USSD Code
To block your OPay account with the USSD code, follow these steps:
- Dial *955# on your phone.
- Enter 0 (Next).
- Enter 13 (Manage Account).
- Enter 1 (Restrict Account).
- Select either 1 or 2 to stop and resume debit transactions on your account.
- Follow the instructions and receive a confirmation message.
- Your OPay account will be restricted. You cannot use your account to make payments or send money until you unblock it.
How to Block OPay Account when Phone is Stolen
Here are the steps to block your OPay account when your phone is stolen:
- Contact OPay customer support through their website, app, or social media channels. Explain to them that your phone has been stolen and that you need to block your account.
- Provide your account details. OPay will need your account number, phone number, and email address in order to block your account.
- Provide proof of identity.
- Once OPay has verified your identity, your account will be blocked immediately.
Follow these steps to protect your OPay account after your phone is stolen:
- Report your phone as stolen to your telecom service provider. This will prevent the thief from using your phone number to make unauthorized transactions.
- Change your OPay password. This will prevent the thief from accessing your account even if they have your phone number.
- Enable two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring you to enter a code from your phone besides your password.
How to Delete OPay Account without Email
You cannot delete your OPay account without your email address.
Your email address is used to verify your identity when you create an account and to reset your password if you forget it.
If you have forgotten your email address, recover it by contacting your email provider.
Once you have recovered your email address, follow these steps to delete your OPay account:
- Open the OPay app and log in to your account.
- Tap on the “Me” icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “Support”.
- Delete your account by speaking with the customer care representative via live chat.
- Your OPay account will be deleted within 24 hours if your request is convincing.
How to Block OPay Account from Another Phone
You cannot block your OPay account from another phone.
You can only block your OPay account from the phone number you used to create your account.
If you have lost your phone or if your phone has been stolen, contact OPay customer support to block your account.
You will need to provide your OPay account number, phone number, and email address in order to block your account.
How to Block OPay ATM Card
Here are the ways to block your OPay ATM card:
1. OPay App
- Open the OPay app and sign into your account.
- Tap on the “Cards” tab.
- Select the ATM card you want to block.
- Tap on the “Block Card” button.
- Enter your OPay PIN and tap on the “Block” button.
2. Customer Support
- Contact OPay customer support through their website, app, or social media channels.
- Explain that you need to block your ATM card.
- Provide your OPay account details.
- OPay will block your ATM card and provide you with a blocking code.