BVN Code for All Banks in Nigeria (Check Online) – Mar. 2023
Do you want to know and get the BVN code for all banks in Nigeria online?
If YES, then this is the only post to read today.
BVN Code for All Banks
With the increasing incidents of compromise on conventional security systems (password and PIN), there is a high demand for greater security for access to sensitive or personal information in the Banking System.
To address these issues and enhance security with payment systems, the Central Bank of Nigeria, in collaboration with all Nigerian banks, launched a biometric identification system known as the Bank Verification Number (BVN) in February 2014.
The BVN gives each customer a unique identity that can be identified and verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry.
It will also address issues of theft and help in reducing the level of fraud in Nigerian banks.
To check your BVN on your mobile phone on any bank in Nigeria, dial *565*0#.
This works for any of these banks:
- Access Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- First Bank
- First City Monument Bank
- Heritage Bank
- Keystone Bank
- Polaris Bank
- Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Standard Chartered
- Sterling Bank
- Titan Trust Bank
- Union Bank
- United Bank for Africa
- Unity Bank
- Wema Bank
- Zenith Bank
Your bank verification number will be displayed on your phone screen.
Some banks also have their own USSD code for you to check your BVN in a punch.
For example, if you are using the GTBank, dial *767*6*1#.
You can check your BVN code number online as well as link your BVN to a specific bank account via internet banking.
This requires an internet connection.
To inquire about your BVN number online, log into your Internet banking app.
And you will see the code displayed on your front page.
The BVN was and is a good initiative and forever kudos to the management of our financial system.
Why is the BVN thing so important?
- Better means of reducing the chances of unauthorized access to your bank account.
- To establish a standard comprising regulations for transactions and activities in the Nigerian banking sector.
- Protects the banks in fishing out blocked customers wherein loan defaulters who switch bank thinking banks will not know their other bank histories will be restricted and curtailed since all banks have a centralized record and keep track records of each customer.
How to Enroll for BVN
- Visit any Bank branch and complete the enrolment form.
- Your biometric data (fingerprint, photograph, and signature) will be captured on the system
- You will then receive a Ticket ID.
- BVN will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Banks in Nigeria have set up a system such that you can dial a USSD to retrieve your BVN.
Because not everyone in Nigeria has access to the Internet, the system works without an Internet connection.
As long as you have network coverage, you can dial the USSD code for your bank to retrieve your BVN whenever you need it.