If you’re among the business owners who are searching for the list of the best POS machine in Nigeria with good network, cheapest charges and price?
Search no further! In this post, we’ll be looking deeply at the different Point-of-sale (POS) machines that offer business owners the best services alongside cheaper costs.
These POS devices will transform how you run your business and, at the same time, are pocket friendly.
So, whether you’re an individual, a small retail business, a busy restaurant, or a burgeoning service provider, come closer because knowing these POS machines and how you can get them will give your business the facelift it desires.
POS Full Meaning and Uses
It’s so common in our environment that so many of us do not know the full meaning of POS and some of its uses.
The full meaning of POS is Point of Sales, and it refers to the physical or digital location where a transaction is completed between a merchant and a customer.
In addition to its meaning as a location, POS also refers to the hardware and software systems used to facilitate sales transactions and manage business operations.
If you desire to know all its functionalities to maximize all its potential, take a look at them below:
- It allows its users to process several payments for goods and services daily.
- It can help you manage your Inventory better.
- Help with detailed sales report.
- Employee management.
- Integration with other systems.
- Top-notch customer experience.
- Security and fraud management.
- Customer relationship management.
Best POS Machine in Nigeria
Here is the list of the best POS machine in Nigeria with cheapest charges for business:
PalmPay is a well-known mobile payment platform in Nigeria that enables users to carry out all their daily financial transactions and other financial activities using their smartphones.
They also provide their customers with POS machine services.
Despite its focus on mobile payments, PalmPay nonetheless offers POS services to businesses to aid in the smooth functioning if their daily operations.
Getting a PalmPay POS machine is quite affordable.
Although, it’s based on the particular one you want to buy.
You can pay ₦20,000 for standard cautionary fee or rental and ₦40,000 to become a permanent terminal owner.
The PalmPay Android POS machine costs ₦30,000 and ₦60,000, respectively.
To get a PalmPay POS machine in Nigeria, follow these steps:
- Contact PalmPay customer support, their agents, or their sales team.
- Provide all the necessary information required.
- Undergo the verification process.
- Once your application is approved, sign an agreement with them.
- Ensure you read and understand before signing any agreement with them.
- Training and set up.
- Delivery or pickup.
- Activation and testing.
Moniepoint is one of the best and cheapest technologies that offers small and large businesses electronic payment solutions and services.
This platform also allows business owners to take card payments from their customers.
Moniepoint also offers its customers so many unique features and benefits that includes:
- Cash Transaction
- Transaction security
- Payment options
- Easy setup
To get a Moniepoint POS machine, you have to pay the sum of ₦25,000.
Although, in some instances, you tend to spend less.
If you’re looking for a way to collect Moniepoint POS machine, here is how to go about it:
- Ensure that you’re 18 years and above.
- Have an active bank account and mobile phone number.
- Search out for a Moniepoint agent or visit their office close to you.
- Submit your document.
- Go through their review process.
- Make payment for the device.
- Wait for your training, activation, and testing.
OPay POS machine is one of the best mobile payment platforms that operate in Nigeria, which enables small-scale businesses and big businesses to accept cashless payments from customers.
While using OPay, you can either use debit or credit cards, or you can opt for QR code payments or mobile money transfers.
The price of getting an OPay POS machine in Nigeria costs zero naira.
Although the company has made it compulsory that once a merchant is approved, he must deposit the sum of ₦20,000.
The money remains in the merchant’s OPay wallet and will be refunded on the return of the POS machine.
Collecting the OPay POS machine is quite simple:
- Reach out to the representatives through mail or phone call or visit their office.
- Get all the requirements ready.
- Submit your application and wait for it to be approved.
- Once it’s approved, you can go and collect it, or it will be delivered to you.
- Training and activation follow once the above is done successfully.
4. Baxi Box
BAXI is a well-known digital platform that uses various digital channels to offer Nigerians payment solutions via mobile, POS (point-of-sale), online wallets etc.
As an agent, your job is to ensure that people within your locality can access cash and you earn your commissions.
It’s not just mobile money agents that can utilize the Baxi POS; MSMEs and retail owners can also participate.
Getting a BAXI Box POS machine is pocket friendly.
If you need the traditional machine, it will cost you ₦10,000, and the Android device is ₦30,000.
This payment is known as a cautionary fee as it does not make you the owner of the POS machine.
Because anytime you decide to return the machine in a healthy working condition, you get a refund of your money.
To collect the BAXI POS machine, do these:
- Contact the BAXI team if you’re looking to get it through an offline method.
- If it’s online, visit their official website to get their phone number and email address which you can use to contact them.
- Ensure that you’re eligible and your documents are complete.
- Apply either online or offline.
- Wait for their approval, and once you’re approved, you can visit their office to collect it, or it will be delivered to you.
- You can start using it once you’re done with the training and activation stage.
Flutterwave POS is a top-notch mobile app that helps business owners use their smartphones or tablets as portable point-of-sale systems.
You can install the Flutterwave POS app and link it to your business account to take payments from clients using various payment options.
The Flutterwave app is not limited to a particular payment method, so you can use your debit cards, credit cards, and mobile wallets for transactions.
It also offers an excellent user-friendly interface.
So, navigating through the machine and app won’t be a problem.
Flutterwave POS machine is one of the cheapest you can get in Nigeria.
With a cautionary payment of ₦10,000, you can get access to the POS machine.
Note that the ₦10,000 is still yours whenever you return the machine in good condition.
To collect your Flutterwave POS machine, follow these steps:
- Visit Play Store if you are an Android user and download the app or App Store as an iPhone user.
- Launch the app.
- Tap on sign up and create an account.
- Type in your correct details in the spaces provided and ensure that all the information is accurate.
- Type in your referral code.
- After filling in your data, submit.
- Wait for an email that will be sent within a short time.
- Once accepted, the rest instructions will be given to you.
6. Kudi POS
The Kudi, or Nomba POS machine, is one of the top payment platforms designed by Kudi technology to enable the seamless collection of cashless customer payments.
Kudi, a renowned fintech company in Nigeria, developed this app to help small businesses and retailers accept payments without stress.
This payment platform has many outstanding features that make it one of the best.
It’s also cheap.
Check out a few of its features below:
- It accepts various cards.
- Mobile wallet payment.
- It takes records of all the transactions carried out.
- Value added services.
- QR code payments.
Kudi POS machine is pretty affordable. All you have to do is create an account and access the POS terminal for free.
However, you will pay a caution fee of ₦20,000.
The security deposit on Kudi is required so that you can show, via an end-of-day transaction report or statement of account on the platform, that you can fulfill the transaction target on the Kudi POS terminal.
To collect Kudi or Nomba POS machine, follow these steps:
- Carry out research and find out if Kudi offers services within your area or if you are meant to apply online.
- Your findings will determine if it’s an online application or offline.
- Reach out to them with your documents.
- After using, verification and reviews will be carried out to a certain if your qualified.
- If you’re accepted, you will be required to sign n terms and agreement but ensure you read and understand them before signing.
- Training, if need be.
7. Quickteller POS
Quickteller is a reliable online payment platform designed by the Interswitch Group.
This app aims to provide business owners in Nigeria with a safe, practical, and trustworthy system for payments and cash transfers.
The platform makes it easy to conduct different transactions and send payments to over 30 banks nationwide.
It is a low-cost point-of-sale device that provides retailers quick and safe payments.
The gadget has a color display, is simple to set up, and accepts several credit cards.
Quickteller POS machines cost as low as ₦8,500 for traditional devices and ₦30,000 for Android.
It’s a one-time caution fee payment that will be returned to the agent when he returns the machine in good condition.
is pretty simple.
Here is how to get the Quickteller POS machine:
- Head on to the Google Play store if you’re an Android user or App Store for iOS users and download the Quickteller Paypoint mobile app.
- Fill in your details in the space provided.
- Ensure that the information you’re providing is accurate and that you have an active bank account.
- After submission, wait for their approval.
- Once approved, take the needed training.
- Activate your POS machine and start making money.
Best POS Machine in Nigeria and Prices 2023
|PalmPay||₦30,000 – ₦60,000|
|BAXI Box||₦10,000 – ₦30,000|
|Quickteller||₦8,500 – ₦30,000|
POS Machine Advantages in Nigeria
Here are the benefits of using a POS machine in Nigeria:
- Quick card payment acceptance.
- Increased sales.
- Improved security.
- It helps users maintain transaction records.
- It simplified bookkeeping.
Features to look out for while using a POS Machine in Nigeria
When making use of a POS Machine in Nigeria, here are the features to look out for:
- Consider a machine that provides many connectivity options.
- Card compatibility.
- User-friendly interface.
- Top-notch transaction speed.
- Security measure.
- Quality customer support services.
If you’re looking to start using a POS machine as a small business owner or to begin offering it as a service to people within your area, above are the best POS machines in Nigeria with low prices and rates.
You do not have to break the bank before getting any POS machines.
The steps to getting them are also straightforward.