NYSC Medical Fitness Certificate ▷ How to Get Yours Now!
Every prospective corps member wants to learn the procedures and basic requirements to get NYSC medical fitness certificate from a government hospital.
Are you one of them?
If YES, then this article is only what you need to read today.
NYSC Medical Certificate
Because of the controversies generated by the fainting and death of some corps members, the leadership of the National Youth Service Corps has mandated all PCMs to get a fitness medical certificate showing their health status before they will be registered and admitted for the orientation course after undergoing mobilization.
- Only hospitals owned by the military, police, customs, federal medical centres, teaching hospitals, general hospitals, government specialist hospitals, etc. are recognized.
- You cannot use your friends own. Your name has to be on the test result.
- It is mandatory by the NYSC management.
- Only doctors employed by a government, or military hospital can sign the certificate for you.
- The certificate is valid for only 3 months after issuance or collection from hospital.
How much does NYSC Medical Certificate cost in Nigeria?
Usually, the cost of obtaining NYSC Medical Fitness Certificate depends on the tests to be carried out on you plus the hospital quality/facility. The cost in Nigeria can range from ₦1,000 to ₦7,000.
NYSC Medical Certificate Test List
Having been informed that all PCMs are to compulsorily present the NYSC Medical Fitness Report as one qualification for entry into the camp, these are the tests that each PCM is expected to undergo:
- Blood Group
- Blood Pressure
- Chest X-ray
- Stool Analysis
Steps to Get Your NYSC Medical Fitness Certificate
Here are the steps to get your NYSC medical certificate:
- Go to a Government or Military Hospital and get registered. Upon registration, a file would be opened in your name and a hospital card would be issued to you.
- Thereafter, you would be directed to the various laboratories where the required tests are conducted. There, your samples are got and tested.
- Once the tests have been conducted, you need to get the results for your medical records. You then take these test results to the doctor, as your certificate would be based on the test results.
It is important to ensure the document issued to you by the doctor is signed and the stamp of the Government Hospital properly imprinted on the certificate.
It is not advisable to buy this medical certificate by bribery.
READ ⇒ Proven Ways to Earn ₦35m Monthly from Real Estate in Nigeria